*** Official McKenzie Milton thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

*** Official McKenzie Milton thread ***

Post by reignjah11 »

Just heard it on KHON2 sports. He's only a junior though so there's still a lot of time between now and signing day for it to change. I hope he follows through, we could definitely use a qb like him!

http://khon2.com/2014/12/05/milton-give ... of-hawaii/

uhwarriors

Re: McKenzie Milton verbally commits to UH!

Post by uhwarriors »

Tsai's article:
Quarterback McKenzie Milton, who led Mililani High to the state football championship two weeks ago, told the Star-Advertiser he has accepted a football scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii.

Milton, who is a junior, is the first member of the Warriors' 2016 class.

Milton said he has been a lifetime UH football fan.

"All the way from Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, Bryant Moniz, Davone Bess," Milton said.

Of his decision, he said: "It's home, and it's close to family and friends. I'd really like to be able to help turn the program around. I think coach (Norm) Chow is a great coach and I'd like to learn a lot from him. I think he can teach me a lot. He's been there, and he's done that. I look forward to the opportunity they've given me."

Milton was 29 of 47 for 421 yards and seven touchdowns in a 53-45 victory over Punahou in the title game.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =284958401

Warrior08
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Warrior08 »

Good to hear. Looking forward to seeing Dayton Furuta from Mililani making a name for himself as well. Last I heard he greyshirted this past year.
Mililani State Champs 2014

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Welcome to the Warriors, McKenzie! Mahalo for staying at home, becoming a Warrior and helping to turn the football program around.

Best of luck in 2015!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Alright. A lot of good players in the championship game. One of the best games i have ever seen. I hope that we can get our share. This is a good start.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

amela

Post by amela »

That's great, it's a start. I wish some of the other good players follow too.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

this is the reason i buy my season tickets and attend the games in person: i want to see our local talent playing against the best teams in the nation.

next year . . .

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

That's great. I just wished we had an offense that he or any of our QBs could excel in.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Yeah I think we need to go the baseball route and start getting these local boys to stay home and then we need to play them. Other than friends and family, I didn't think it made that much of a difference but just watch when Dyrbe Enos goes into the game at home games. Crowd goes nuts.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

UH football commit Milton was born ready to play

By Stephen Tsai

The Mililani junior quarterback would sleep in his uniform from as young as 4, his mother says.
Mililani High quarterback McKenzie Milton was born on a Thursday; And he was at a football game on a Saturday, said his mother, Teresa, who has been a University of Hawaii season-ticket buyer for 26 years.</p>
http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action= ... =285003941

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Explain to me because I don't know. He is a high school junior. So he verbally commits. What does that mean? Does it even mean anything? Why is UH sending an offer to high school junior? Shouldn't UH wait to see what he does in his senior year? Is UH on hook if he was to do poorly in his senior year?

Can UH make an offer to Al Noga's grandson right now? I'm sure he will be a beast.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

cabanalane wrote:Explain to me because I don't know. He is a high school junior. So he verbally commits. What does that mean? Does it even mean anything? Why is UH sending an offer to high school junior? Shouldn't UH wait to see what he does in his senior year? Is UH on hook if he was to do poorly in his senior year?

Can UH make an offer to Al Noga's grandson right now? I'm sure he will be a beast.
See Marcus Mariota.

But no, it's just a verbal. UH can do the wrong thing and revoke their offer to him and on the other side, Milton could easily decommit and go somewhere else if he gets offers from other schools. Accepting a verbal just hopefully gets other schools not to offer him but they still will even if he has an outstanding year.

But i mean, he's had two great years of play. Whether you wanna say it's Mililani's system or not, you must have not seen him play. Kid just makes plays.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Neighbor wrote:See Marcus Mariota.

I actually don't know much about his story other than, what I read. He sat behind Higgins. Only played one year. Higgins was the Man. UH never even look at him.

The rest is history. (Great win over UA).

So by "committing" UH, we all are watching. So are the other schools. If Oregon calls, or UCS calls, or even Utah calls, Milton would be Timmy who???? Colt who???? Aloha UH>

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I don't think height will be an issue for Mr Milton as it was not for R Wilson, D Bress, T Detmer & D Flutie. His pocket presence, leadership, quick feet and eyes will be his keys to success.

Also, happy top local talent remembers or has a link to former Hawaii players. Hopefully, he has a good career and down the line a youngster goes to UH b/c of him.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

(COMMITTED TO HAWAII)
Mckenzie Milton
Class: 2016
Position: Quarterback
HT/WT: 5’ 11’’ / 185 lbs

Prep:
Will graduate in 2016 from Mililani

See Related Stories:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2755 ... torade-poy
http://www.kaleo.org/sports/mililani-qu ... d4bcb.html