2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 14 Season pau

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 14 Season pau

Post by chawan_cut »

Sorry so late. Been busy. Again if you find any errors (hint hint, wyokie....) lemme know and I'll fix it next week.

I started this a few years back so that I could keep track of how our opponent's do before and after our games as well as the rest of their season. If they have a tough game or cupcake before us, or worse, a bye. Also to see how they do against the rest of their conference, etc.

I can't post the actual excel table, so I have to screen cap it.
I'll try to upload every Sunday after the games (if I'm not too busy watching NFL).
Hope this season turns out better than last season!!!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44747

Last edited by chawan_cut on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules

Post by chawan_cut »

oops, already found an error, but I'm too lazy to fix it. I have WAC listed in the MWC standings column

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote:oops, already found an error, but I'm too lazy to fix it. I have WAC listed in the MWC standings column
Our than that goof up, you did well! AND you used COWBOYS rather than Cowbows. Good boy!!!!! You're getting better.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 00

Post by chawan_cut »

wow, even worse, that's not even the teams in the MWC. i must've copied that conference list from a really old excel sheet. thanks wyokie for missing that...

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 00

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote:wow, even worse, that's not even the teams in the MWC. i must've copied that conference list from a really old excel sheet. thanks wyokie for missing that...
I didn't. You replied about it before I could! [-X At least it's not as embarrassing as Cowbows! [-X

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 01 - Washin

Post by chawan_cut »

Didn't know what to expect yesterday. Our guys fought hard. Up 10-0? didn't expect that for sure. Great job defense! Shutting down the Huskies the second half. Bright spots by the offense, plus things to work on. That sure didn't look like a #25 team in the nation. They'll probably be much better with their starting QB back next week. We shall see what happens next week with the Beavers coming to town. One more PAC-12 school up.
Speaking of Oregon State, they opened up with JJ's former team, Portland State, winning 29-14 after being down at the half. They still have their QB, Mannion, that tore us up last year, but gone is his favorite WR that went off to the NFL. The Beavers used 5 FGs to pull out the win.
- Northern Iowa gave it's in state big brother Iowa a scare, barely losing 23-31. The Panther's top WR had 5 catches for 205 yards including a 70 yard scamper. What hurt them was 16 penalties for 128 yards. They have a bye this week to prepare for us. Hope they get here early and enjoy the sun and surf to distract them a little so they can't fix those things.
- Colorado State came back to win against it's rival, the Buffaloes, 31-17. CSU has a new RB transfer from Alabama who followed his former OC, now HC for the Rams. Hopefully CU continues to struggle when we get there in a few weeks. They head to UMASS next week to see if they figure it out.
- Rice was the unlucky welcome mat for Notre Dame's return of their star QB Golson, who sat out a year for not taking care of school. Rice did put up 367 yards of offense but could only get 2 TDs, as they lose 17-48. They luckily have a bye before heading to Kenny football and Texas A&M in two weeks.
- wyokie's Cowbows take down Montana 17-12. They had 209 yards on the ground of their 301. Wyoming has a new starter at QB as well in Kirkegaard, and he was 13-21 for 92 yards and an int. They might be looking to look to the run more often until he gets on track, hopefully after they play us. They host thin air MWC foe Air Force next week.
- SDSU also beats up a cupcake in Northern Arizona. They head out east to play North Carolina this week.
- Nevada's Fajardo is still there, and he accounted for 371 yards of total offense as they also took on a div-1aa team in Southern Utah, prevailing, 28-19. They get PAC-12 bottom dweller Washington State this week.
- Utah State's return of Chuckie Keeton is not a good one as the Aggies could only muster up a late TD in a blowout at Tennessee, 7-38. They get to ease up this week with Idaho State.
- Geez, did almost everyone play a div-1aa team this week? San Jose st also got North Dakota and beat em up good, 42-10. They had no problem replacing their QB, as the new guy threw for 3 TDs and ran for another. They got a tougher challenge next week as they head to Auburn to take on the Tigers.
- UNLV goes a little south to get smashed by Arizona, 13-58. They do amass 371 yards, but can't keep up. They can rest a little maybe this week with Northern Colorado coming in.
- Carr-less Fresno gets the full wrath of USC's crazy offseason, 13-52. Saw some of the highlights and it wasn't pretty for the Bulldogs. It doesn't get any easier this week as they now head to Utah. (and then Nebraska the week after). Maybe Pat Hill scheduled all these games like he did in the past.

Anyways, nice crowd this week, 36k. Much higher than anticipated. And they got a good game. Hopefully most of those fans show up next weekend. Go Warriors! Go Bows!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 02- Oregon

Post by chawan_cut »

Man, we can't get all three phases clicking great at the same time. First half offense is a no show. Defense gets a big INT to give us a short field to get 7. Defense gets over run by the precision passing of Manion. Second half didn't look like it would be too promising as OSU goes up 38-7. Then Special Teams takes over with a blocked punt and a forced fumble on the next kickoff to give our offense two short fields in a row. Defense then holds OSU scoreless the rest of the half but some questionable penalties (and some bad ones on us) do us in.
Woosley, 20-50. Many inaccurate passes and over thrown balls. Got the happy feet. Looked like Graham was about to come in until those 2 ST plays. We can't compete with anyone with that many incompletions.
Worst of all, Iosefa goes down late in the 4th with what looks to be an injured right ankle. We'll find out how bad it is. Also had a few other injuries as Saint Juste gets hurt on a kickoff, and safety Trayvon Henderson gets hurt late as well.

- No time to rest tho, as Northern Iowa did have a bye this week to prep and get ready for the long trip out here. They did give big brother Iowa a hard time last week and have some speedy rb's and wr's. We need a good showing next week. They are a div-1aa school, but a good one. We can't take them lightly. Not sure how the fans and team would handle a loss to them.
- UW get's it's starter back in Miles, who accounted for 4 TDs himself, and they outlast E. Washington's 7 TD performance by their QB. Does that mean UW's starter last week wasn't that good, and so wasn't their D? They head east to play the Illini next weekend.
- Colorado headed way East to top UMass 41-38. It was just what they needed in playing new Div-1a member Minutemen. They start their conference next week with the Sun Devils of ASU before we head to Boulder in two weeks.
- Rice had a bye, but they now head to Texas A&M to face Kenny football.
- Wyoming squeaks out a win late in the 4th against visiting Air Force. Lucky them head to Eugene this week to face Mariotta and the Ducks.
- SDSU went to Chapel Hill and almost pulled the upset but their comeback fell short when they got picked off in the endzone with 14 secs left as they fall 27-31. They got a break this week before seeing how they do against the Beavers in 2.
- Nevada finds it's form against the PAC-12's Wazzu Cougars on ESPN friday night. They get their 2nd "big 5" opponent as they play Arizona's high powered offense this week.
- Utah St bounces back and beats up Idaho St for an easy win this week. They host the Demon Deacons this week as Wake Forest comes into Logan (for some reason).
- Colorado St comes back down to Earth, and Boise finds it's offense as they fall on the ugly blue turf. They get div-1aa UC Davis this week to help heal their wounds.
- San Jose got a big paycheck but a big blowout in return as they go down big at Auburn. They have a bye this week to rest and recover before going back on the road to the Golden Gophers in 2 weeks.
- UNLV barely pulls it out against the Bears of Northern Colorado. They now get the Huskies of Norther Illinois.
- And Fresno is trying to get itself killed before the conference starts as they get wiped out by Utah. They host Nebraska in the Valley this week. The Corn Huskers barely get by div-1aa McNeese State at home. Who will be the bigger red team this week??

Other notable games.
Ohio State and Urban Meyer (boo!!) get shocked at home by Va Tech. So much for their title hopes.
Oregon comes back to knock off Michigan State.
USC holds off Stanford and looks like it's on a conference championship collision with the Ducks.
Notre Dame shuts out Michigan in one of it's last meetings for awhile.

For our guys, keep fighting. Keep calm, play with composure and confidence. Hope all 3 phases play well next week. A loss would be devastating. A win would boost our confidence before we head on the road.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 03 - N. Iow

Post by chawan_cut »

Woohoo!?!? We won!?!
a win is a win, even an ugly one, but so many questions. who will step up to be our QB? be cool under pressure, and most importantly be accurate. lots of dropped passes. too many 3 and outs. and we had 11 punts! 11! but still. a win in week 3 is better than none at all.
hope our O can pull it together in a short week before they fly up to altitude in Boulder. if our D is on the field as long as it was in this game, it might be trouble.
there were some nice positives tho. Lakalaka did fine in a step up role. his backup Smalls got a little dinged up tho. And St Juste doesn't look 100%. Woosley did have a few deep passes that stretched the field. and a really nice TD to our tight end, yes, our tight end!
Again, hope our guys can put it all together for the 3rd game against a pac-12 school.
Here's how our foes did this week.

-UW roughs up the visiting Illini. They get a breather vs I-AA Georgia St before a huge game hosting their PAC-12 opener in Stanford
-OSU has a bye this week but head down to sunny San Diego to give us a good game to judge how both our opponents are
-CU loses their conference opener against the Sun Devils. Let's hope they take us lightly and we can surprise them.
-Rice goes down pretty easily at A&M. They host Old Dominion this week.
-Wyoming gets a rude welcome from the Ducks in Eugene. They held their own for a little while until Mariotta went off. They get an easier opponent in Florida Atlantic (altho we thought the same when we lost to them a few years ago) this week.
-SDSU had a bye to get ready for Manion and the Beavers
-Nevada also goes down to a PAC-12 foe in the Wildcats of AZ. They have a bye this week to get ready for the conference next week.
-USU beats the visiting Demon Deacons of the ACC. they have a bye before heading to Arkansas St for some reason
-CSU easily handles the Aggies of UC-Davis. They have a bye to get ready for the Trojan killing Boston College Eagles
-lots of byes this week as SJSU also has one. they go to visit the Golden Gophers to get some $$$
-UNLV loses at home to the visiting Huskies. they recover before heading to SD for their conference start
-and Fresno gets a big beating from the real big Red in the visiting Huskers. They shoud be able to handle visiting Southern Utah to get their first win.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 03 - N. Iow

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote:-Wyoming gets a rude welcome from the Ducks in Eugene. They held their own for a little while until Mariotta went off. They get an easier opponent in Florida Atlantic (altho we thought the same when we lost to them a few years ago) this week.
Still laughing my butt off about that stupid loss. ROFLOL

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 04 - Colora

Post by chawan_cut »

We need this bye week this week. I couldn't watch the game but from what I heard we had chances but could only come up with FGs. Couldn't punch it in. All of our QBs weren't effective. What will be done for our offense these next two weeks?
- UW kills visiting I-AA Georgia St after it being a close game at the half. A good tune up for their PAC-12 opener against conference favorite Stanford.
- OSU beats up SDSU before their PAC-12 opener at USC
- N. Iowa lets their offense loose and takes down Northern Colorado
- Rice goes to 0-3 against Old Dominion, but at least they score 6 TDs. They head to Southern Miss before hosting us in two weeks.
- Wyoming gets a scare from Flordia Atlantic but pull out the win. They are headed to East Lansing to face the Spartans (boo!) of Michigan St
- Nevada, Utah St, CSU & UNLV have byes this week.
- San Jose St goes for the $$ to Minnesota and lose. They host Nevada next week to start the MWC
- And Fresno gets their first win of the season against lower division foe, S. Utah. They go to lovely New Mexico this week to start the conference.

Let's hope the Bows/Warriors find a QB to step up this week. Work on the accuracy and rhythm or this could be a long season. Hope Higgins and the other brusied and beat up players can rest up this week and get healthy as well.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: - Wyoming gets a scare from Flordia Atlantic but pull out the win. They are headed to East Lansing to face the Spartans (boo!) of Michigan St
Hey, a ugly win is better than a pretty loss. ROFLOL

AND we beat FAU at home unlike a certain team a few years back. :-

Next up: at McChicken State.

BTW, chawan...you misspelled Florida. :roll:

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

wyokie wrote: BTW, chawan...you misspelled Florida. :roll:
I knew I had to keep you busy finding all the mistakes. Maybe I'll throw in a few more typos next weekend that'll drive you more crazy heh! \:D/ \:D/

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote:
wyokie wrote: BTW, chawan...you misspelled Florida. :roll:
I knew I had to keep you busy finding all the mistakes. Maybe I'll throw in a few more typos next weekend that'll drive you more crazy heh! \:D/ \:D/
Well....I could always bring back the classic score........WYOMING 66, Hawaii 0. [-X

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 04 - Bye we

Post by chawan_cut »

well needed bye. here's how our opponents did this week.

- UW loses its first game as the Cardinal of Stanford come in and give the Huskies a loss to start the conference. Coach Pete gambles with a fake punt in the 4th that doesn't work and Stanford goes down and scores the go ahead TD. They have a bye this week before going South to Cal.
- OSU goes down to the Trojans as USC holds Mannion without a TD and INT's him twice. They head to Boulder this week for a matchup vs the Buffalo
- N. Iowa offense continues to go nuts as they score 50 and take out Tennessee tech
- Colorado goes crazy on offense and goes to 2 OTs but fall to the Cal Golden Bears. Maybe our Defense is pretty good if we held them to no points in the 2nd half last weekend.
- Rice picks up it's first win of the season against Southern Miss with a balanced run/pass attack. We'd better be ready for a game in Houston next week. Hope we can find the same balance.
- The Cowboys get paid, but lose by a ton to the Michigan St Spartans (boo!!!!). They commit 3 turnovers and can't keep up. They have a bye this week before heading to paradise to face us in two. I'm still wondering if wyokie is gonna sneak on the plane somehow...
- SDSU's RB runs for 4 TD as they take down UNLV. Our D is pretty good against the run so we'll see how we do in a few weeks in sunny SD. SDSU goes to Fresno this week to see if this week was a fluke
- Nevada headed to San Jose to get a win after being down at the half. The Wolf Pack's QB wasn't stellar but did enough.
- USU loses at the Sun Belt's Arkansas State in OT. The Aggies aren't the same without Chucky Keeton
- Colorado St goes all the way to Boston to pick up it's 3rd win of the season against the Eagles. They score late to steal one. They host Tulsa and the Golden Hurricane (still don't get this nickname) this week.
- San Jose hosts UNLV this week

Let's hope this bye week was taken advantage of by our coaches and players. They have a tough game this week at Rice.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Schedule of opponent's schedules - Week 04 - Bye we

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote:- The Cowboys get paid, but lose by a ton to the Michigan St Spartans (boo!!!!). They commit 3 turnovers and can't keep up. They have a bye this week before heading to paradise to face us in two. I'm still wondering if wyokie is gonna sneak on the plane somehow...
I'm superstitious in that every time I go to a game in person, the home team wins! Only time it didn't happen was the first time I went to a game....1984 USFL: Philadelphia @ Denver. Phily won, 21-19.
- Colorado St goes all the way to Boston to pick up it's 3rd win of the season against the Eagles. They score late to steal one. They host Tulsa and the Golden Hurricane (still don't get this nickname) this week.
You aint the only one, bro! I lived in OKC since 1991 and I STILL don't get it.