Air Raid-N-Shoot?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Air Raid-N-Shoot?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Hal Mumme reportedly headed to SMU as OC

Posted by Ben Kercheval
on February 22, 2013, 11:20 PM EST

Last month, former Kentucky coach Hal Mumme was reportedly on the verge of becoming the offensive coordinator for James Madison. Those plans were scrapped, however, when rumor had it that Mumme was instead headed to a BCS program.

Per Mike Barber of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, that BCS program is SMU (the Mustangs will be joining the Big East this year) and Run and Shoot guru June Jones. The school has not commented on the report.

Humme (pictured right next to Phil freakin’ Collins) is considered the father of the Air Raid offense. His previous stops include Iowa Wesleyan, Valdosta State, Kentucky and New Mexico State. Though he’s never had a lot of consistent success as a head coach, Mumme’s influence is evident in today’s game of college football, from Mike Leach to Dana Holgorsen.

Should Mumme join Jones’ coaching staff at SMU, it would certainly add another level of intrigue — and perhaps another 50 points — to the Mustangs’ opening weekend game against Texas Tech.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... smu-as-oc/

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Air Raid-N-Shoot?

Post by Irse »

It should be real interesting to see how JJ incorporates the Air Raid into the RnS. May become nearly unstoppable.
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I would love to sit in on that coaches meeting. If only Mike Leach was involved too.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

JJ needs to bring back Coach Mack as his DC :)

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He is the OC that I wanted Chow to hire last year.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

RedZone wrote:He is the OC that I wanted Chow to hire last year.
I seriously doubt that Mumme would accept being Chow's spotter in the booth while Chow calls the plays. Actually, I thought that Mumme's offense was boring compared to JJ's.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Air Raid Hal Mumme is now Assistant head coach at .... SMU

Post by madeinhawaii »

That's right... SMU.... Hal Mumme is joining June Jones as assistant head coach and passing game coordinator.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/da0ts?utm_ ... e-football

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Re: Air Raid Hal Mumme is now Assistant head coach at ....

Post by H20 »

madeinhawaii wrote:That's right... SMU.... Hal Mumme is joining June Jones as assistant head coach and passing game coordinator.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/da0ts?utm_ ... e-football
Yep. I missed this thread when first posted and reading it now I was just gonna ask "since when does JJ need an OC?"

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Mumme is no slouch on offense. His problem in his brief stint as a head coach involved following the rules as applied by the NCAA. He may not be good on codes and regulations,but when it come to offense X and O's,he is pretty good and JJ is getting old and probably smart enough to know he can turn it over to someone until that someone proves different.JJ apparently thinks Hal Mumme can do the job he expects Mumme to do.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

My take is JJ is broadening his knowledge of the 4 wide offense, since the football world seems to have figured out his style. Also he is grooming Mumme to be the next SMU coach, so as not to leave his players and university hanging when he bails to either a BSC school which will contend for a National Title (SEC, BIG10, BIG12, PAC12) or NFL (which I predict at the end of this season)

He has taken SMU to its peak & will only get harder now they are in the Former Big East.

Oh and you can Forget the Pipe Dream that JJ will return to Hawaii!!!!
Been there, done that..

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

BigWave96744 wrote:My take is JJ is broadening his knowledge of the 4 wide offense, since the football world seems to have figured out his style. Also he is grooming Mumme to be the next SMU coach, so as not to leave his players and university hanging when he bails to either a BSC school which will contend for a National Title (SEC, BIG10, BIG12, PAC12) or NFL (which I predict at the end of this season)

He has taken SMU to its peak & will only get harder now they are in the Former Big East.

Oh and you can Forget the Pipe Dream that JJ will return to Hawaii!!!!
Been there, done that..
Unless UH Hilo wants to start a football program.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com