Coaches attire during the USC game is a change from the past

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Coaches attire during the USC game is a change from the past

Post by sarvicdar »

Re-Coach Chow's attire during the USC game is a change from the past

What we're learning is that Coach Chow does things his own way.

During the USC game, his first as a head coach at Hawaii, he takes to the sidelines in a school issued polo shirt sans lei. Other head football coaches before him dressed up the sidelines, especially on national television, in aloha print shirts,flowering leis, even mailes. Not Coach Chow. He may be a chip off the old rock.

From the onset, til now, Coach Chow drives the vehicle of discipline. Almost militarily like.

His coaching discipline instills uniformity,unity and conformity in his players.

Coach Chow sees himself as a General on (and off) the battlefield, or during the game, in uniform (ity). His choice of the school issued green polo shirt, embroidered with the school name and logo, over any other choice of attire isn't a deference to the past or Hawaii culture but more of inference to the image he wants to project in leading his players and leading the school's name and branding. Smart.

I'd admire Coach Chow in the school's colors (and top leader look) on the sidelines during the USC game.

What are you opinions?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Coaches attire during the USC game is a change from the

Post by Irse »

I don't really care as long as we win.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

sarvicdar wrote:Re-Coach Chow's attire during the USC game is a change from the past

During the USC game, his first as a head coach at Hawaii, he takes to the sidelines in a school issued polo shirt sans lei. Other head football coaches before him dressed up the sidelines, especially on national television, in aloha print shirts,flowering leis, even mailes. Not Coach Chow. He may be a chip off the old rock.

From the onset, til now, Coach Chow drives the vehicle of discipline. Almost militarily like.

His coaching discipline instills uniformity,unity and conformity in his players.

Coach Chow sees himself as a General on (and off) the battlefield, or during the game, in uniform (ity). His choice of the school issued green polo shirt, embroidered with the school name and logo, over any other choice of attire isn't a deference to the past or Hawaii culture but more of inference to the image he wants to project in leading his players and leading the school's name and branding. Smart.

I'd admire Coach Chow in the school's colors (and top leader look) on the sidelines during the USC game.

What are you opinions?
previously, the coaches' shirts were part of various sponsorship deals over the years. Maybe they just don't have a sponsor this year, or maybe Under Armor is providing the shirts? i think you might be reading too much into it.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

gees it's just conversation, bringing up a point. almost paying tribute to coach chow. then you have yoyos that alway have to say you're reading too much into it. that make me mad. nothing else better say.. forget it already.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

you know why? because you are. :roll:

who knows? maybe the next time you see him eating a banana you'll think him as a man of moral fiber.
sarvicdar wrote:gees it's just conversation, bringing up a point. almost paying tribute to coach chow. then you have yoyos that alway have to say you're reading too much into it. that make me mad. nothing else better say.. forget it already.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote:
sarvicdar wrote:Re-Coach Chow's attire during the USC game is a change from the past

What are you opinions?
previously, the coaches' shirts were part of various sponsorship deals over the years. Maybe they just don't have a sponsor this year, or maybe Under Armor is providing the shirts? i think you might be reading too much into it.
Yes, it is a sponsorship thing. The last 4 years the coaches wore the black or Green Under Armor sport shirts with the tapa design on the sleeve. This year it's the black Under Armor polo. BTW, black is not a school color. Prior to that it was Tori Richards and possibly Hilo Hatties that supplied the shirts.

Donors have given leis to the head coach prior to games in the past and the coaches have worn them with gratitude for decades back to at least Bob Wagner and possibly prior.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Speaking of attire, when he went on the leahey and leahey show this(?) week, he was sporting the sandals no socks look. When I saw that I thought whoa he has been on the mainland for a long time.. btw, it was a good show this week. I'd recommend finding a replay if you can.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

I think you're reading too much into it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides I saw him wearing a similar green polo shirt last night at Kahala Mall. Its just a shirt.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

What are you opinions?
You asked for our opinions but when we don't agree, you get upset. :roll:

Edit: and as uhwarriors stated, it was black and not green which isn't the school colors. Don't see what the big deal is either way.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

tavarua88 wrote:you know why? because you are. :roll:

who knows? maybe the next time you see him eating a banana you'll think him as a man of moral fiber.
this has potential to be some kind of Chuck Norris-esque meme...

I once saw Coach Chow take the stairs instead of the elevator. JJ and Mack would NEVER do that!!!!! Times are'a changin'!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Coach Chow:

... mosquitos refuse to bite him out of respect.

... when he drives a new car off the lot, it increases in value.

... when he wakes up the roses smell him.

He is ... the most interesting man in the world.

Stay buzzed, my bruddahs.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

uhwarriors wrote:
poidog wrote:

What are you opinions?
Yes, it is a sponsorship thing. The last 4 years the coaches wore the black or Green Under Armor sport shirts with the tapa design on the sleeve. This year it's the black Under Armor polo. BTW, black is not a school color. Prior to that it was Tori Richards and possibly Hilo Hatties that supplied the shirts.

Donors have given leis to the head coach prior to games in the past and the coaches have worn them with gratitude for decades back to at least Bob Wagner and possibly prior.

Colors Green, White, Black, and Silver. http://hawaiiathletics.com/documents/20 ... tehandbook
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

poidog wrote:
tavarua88 wrote:you know why? because you are. :roll:

this has potential to be some kind of Chuck Norris-esque meme...

I once saw Coach Chow take the stairs instead of the elevator. JJ and Mack would NEVER do that!!!!! Times are'a changin'!
I had a good laugh at that. haha

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Kama'aina UH »

Irse wrote:I don't really care as long as we win.
^^^^^This sums it up for every Warrior fan.

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

personally, I think people get too far into the fashion aspects of the unis and coach wear.

Also, I think of black, silver, gray and white as neutral colors to which the school colors can be added. Otherwise, for example, UCLA's colors are powder blue and gold. Should they not be permitted to wear white unis with blue and gold trim?
Substance matters.