Ryder Kuhns

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Ryder Kuhns

Post by rrforlifebaby »

I really like this kid.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Ryder Kuhns

Post by EITSwarrior »

Yep he is the future (heck maybe now) of Saint Louis football.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

What happened to Mook-Garcia?

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

fanoffb wrote:What happened to Mook-Garcia?
He got hurt.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

I saw ankle but did announcers say it was a sprain or something more serious?

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

I really like this kid too. Has potential to be one of the greats St. Louis QB. First 3 games of varsity is against Farrington, Baldwin and Nationally ranked Bishop Gorman. Has my good graces.
on a side note...
watch the Oregon game today and Marcus Mariota tore it up. Perfect type of QB to fit in the Oregon offensive scheme. Imagine if he was there starter as a sophomore...wondered if he would of got more looks at more schools.

hawaiiBoy808

Post by hawaiiBoy808 »

teamhawaii wrote:I really like this kid too. Has potential to be one of the greats St. Louis QB. First 3 games of varsity is against Farrington, Baldwin and Nationally ranked Bishop Gorman. Has my good graces.
on a side note...
watch the Oregon game today and Marcus Mariota tore it up. Perfect type of QB to fit in the Oregon offensive scheme. Imagine if he was there starter as a sophomore...wondered if he would of got more looks at more schools.
Marcus had a lot of looks at its just he was so set on committing to Oregon he didnt really keep open his recruitment after the oregon commit. But he did tear it up he looked as if hes being running that offense for years.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Here's a question that I would like to ask:

Why isn't Ryder Kuhns the starter?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

No doubt....that he should be the starter....after last night.

Better pocket presence and poise......with better field vision & throwing accuracy.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

saynotomercs wrote:Here's a question that I would like to ask:

Why isn't Ryder Kuhns the starter?
Well...looks like he is now. Mook is out for a while with an ankle injury.
St. Louis owned the second half against the Gaels while Kuhns was in. It seems the offense plays up to it's full potential when he's the quarterback.

Side notes...
- Saints racked up 468 yards of offense against the 11 th ranked team
- Adam Noga is a total BEAST!!

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

I like this Kuhns kid. I like his composure and maturity. His skill level will only get better. His knowledge will only improve with experience!

The hell with the zone read! Put him under center where he can roll out! Where he can 3, 5, 7 step drop and fire! Where misdirection can be used to create windows/openings for when they play teams with just as significant talent!

Draws (Noga would kill it, he already kills it), play action! Under center where the great Arceneaux, Gesser, and Chang would operate from. Trips! Double slot! A multiple set offense which would keep solid, talented defenses (ie. Kahuku) guessing.

No offense but the heck with getting to zone read schools. Get to the USC's, Stanford's, and Boston College's where the pro style will prepare you for the ultimate dream of the NFL!

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

SM96753 wrote:I like this Kuhns kid. I like his composure and maturity. His skill level will only get better. His knowledge will only improve with experience!

The hell with the zone read! Put him under center where he can roll out! Where he can 3, 5, 7 step drop and fire! Where misdirection can be used to create windows/openings for when they play teams with just as significant talent!

Draws (Noga would kill it, he already kills it), play action! Under center where the great Arceneaux, Gesser, and Chang would operate from. Trips! Double slot! A multiple set offense which would keep solid, talented defenses (ie. Kahuku) guessing.

No offense but the heck with getting to zone read schools. Get to the USC's, Stanford's, and Boston College's where the pro style will prepare you for the ultimate dream of the NFL!
I agree that this year's personnel would kill it with Ron Lee's R&S that featured downhill running. But Saint Louis hasn't had a back of Noga's caliber since 2004. This year's offensive line is just as good or better than last year's, which was one of the best Saint Louis lines in recent memory. Saint Louis started using zone-read concepts in 2005 because they weren't dominating at the line of scrimmage like they were used to and didn't have a power back. For the most part, it has been successful. Micah Mamiya dominated the ILH with his mastery of the zone read, and we've all heard of that Mariota guy.

But this year's offense doesn't have much zone read, if at all. There hasn't been a single option tuck by a QB this year and there doesn't seem to be much zone blocking either. A lot of what they do comes out of the pistol but the passing game concepts look unchanged from what they've been doing recently.

HRC Paul
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HRC Paul »

Really ... Saint Louis has scored 33 on Farrington, 46 on Baldwin and 40 on nationally-ranked Bishop Gorman ... and that's not enough?

Hilarious :lol:

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

I think saynotomercs makes a good point when he stated that "this year's personnel would kill it with Ron Lee's R&S that features downhill running!"

HRC Paul, don't be so sensitive. No need for your little icon. People are just having a good time sharing their views.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

SM96753 wrote:I think saynotomercs makes a good point when he stated that "this year's personnel would kill it with Ron Lee's R&S that features downhill running!"

HRC Paul, don't be so sensitive. No need for your little icon. People are just having a good time sharing their views.
Just to clarify, I also think that this offense plus Ryder Kuhns would kill it in just about any offense. The offensive personnel this year is really, really talented.