Tim Tebow

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Tim Tebow

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Since I'm a Hog/Warrior fan and two of my favorite Heisman trophy candidates are Darren McFadden and Colt Brennan It was easy to hate on Tim Tebow. I wished he would look pathetic in the NFL. That was then this is now. Ever since I'm hearing all the people bash on Tim about his his religious showings I now am rooting for him to be very successful in the NFL. Strange how one day you can despise someone and the next you revere them. I am also tired of hearing about all the rapes, animal killers, shootings, and fights that go on in the NFL with some of the highest paid players in the NFL that I feel it is time for someone that is not afraid to show the world what he is and what he believes in to make it big time in the NFL.

Go Tim Tebow and company. Shock the NFL world and beat those Patriots. What an amazing upset that would be.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Tim Tebow

Post by dakineguy »

I never hated Tebow and thought he was a great college QB, but I only follow his NFL career out of curiosity. We'll see how he can learn to do different things and adapt to the NFL and how the coaches can adapt the plays to fit his skills. He had a great game today ...for a rookie. I think it's totally funny that kids are doing the T-bow in school and getting in trouble for it ....so classic.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Red Gun
Starter
Starter
MLB: Royals
NBA: ---
NFL: All Warriors!!!

Post by Red Gun »

dakineguy wrote:I never hated Tebow and thought he was a great college QB, but I only follow his NFL career out of curiosity. We'll see how he can learn to do different things and adapt to the NFL and how the coaches can adapt the plays to fit his skills. He had a great game today ...for a rookie. I think it's totally funny that kids are doing the T-bow in school and getting in trouble for it ....so classic.
A very interesting point was brought up yesterday during the Bronco/Steeler game... they said that since defenses have to be so concerned w/ the run, they leave the DB's in Man>Man coverage... and thus Tebow has numerous opportunities in each game to hit big pass plays, which he did. At one point he had 5 completions for something like 185 yards and ended up w/ these numbers:

10 of 21 for an astounding 316 yards and 2 TD's. That's 31.6 yards per completion. Oh... and zero turnovers! And a QB Rating of 125.6! For all who said that teams would figure him out... well, that doesn't seem to be working. The Broncos also opened things up for him and Phil Simms said it was the most wide-open the offense had been all year w/ Tebow. In other words... they removed the shackles from him and you see what happened.

He's not the best, most pure passer, but it seems that when the game is on the line, he usually delivers.

Still wish a team would see this and do the same for Colt Brennan! The Run & Shoot was very successful when in the NFL and all 3 teams that employed that offense went to numerous play-offs. But, I digress...

I too am pulling for Tebow. People are gong to hate... Tebow is of high character and he just finds ways to win. God bless him!

jaySend
Starter
Starter

Post by jaySend »

I also only followed Tebow out of curiosity and never liked or disliked him for any reason.

I do think that there is a psychological thing going on in the players heads, for denver it is
the "positive" effect in that they "believe" so good things usually happen, for the opponents it works
against them as if they are expecting tebow to do something miraculous therefore it comes to fruition.

However I think that the defenses in the NFL are not used to such a non-traditional style of offense that tebow
and the broncos run and by mid next year tebow will be benched because that offense will not win games anymore.

Kind of like Hideo Nomo, the japanese pitcher in the 90's that came over from japan to play in the MLB. He was outstanding
the first few years because of his unusual delivery but as hitters caught on his effectiveness waned.

The stats for tebow lastnight was incredible but it was the steelers D that fell into a trap and got out coached, rather then tebow putting on a show.

When the broncos lose they really look like a high school team and if the patriots can repeat their performance when these two teams met earlier in the
season I think it will be the start of tebows down fall into next season.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

The Tebow of 2011-2012 is an equivalent of Colt Brennan 2008-2009, in that the better he does, the more he's criticized and hated. I swear EVERY ESPN analyst was projecting a slaughtering of Tebow and the Broncos by Pittsburgh. I wanna see them all eat their words, not that im a big Tebow fan, but I hate it when people think they're so sure of everything and end up being totally wrong! I guess i do like Tebow purely for the fact that he proves my point. Thanks Tim!

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I'm not so sure Tebow will fail early on. One thing is certain and that is he is determined to win. If he practices that way in practice he may start showing some brilliance. Motivation can go a long way but how much skill does he have and how far will the motivation plus skill take him? Obviously motivation isn't enough to win all the games. They barely won to an injured Roethlisberger leading the Steelers. Well it is what it is and they won and he is a rookie so who knows? I'll be watching to see what happens next.
Ohana Makou

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Im sorry but the pats will put an end to tebow and the broncos once again! Brady ftw! Go pats!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

"You can fool with your brother - But don't mess with a missionary man."

Link

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Amen, Hogster!! Preach it!!!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

HawaiianHogster wrote:Since I'm a Hog/Warrior fan and two of my favorite Heisman trophy candidates are Darren McFadden and Colt Brennan It was easy to hate on Tim Tebow. I wished he would look pathetic in the NFL. That was then this is now. Ever since I'm hearing all the people bash on Tim about his his religious showings I now am rooting for him to be very successful in the NFL. Strange how one day you can despise someone and the next you revere them. I am also tired of hearing about all the rapes, animal killers, shootings, and fights that go on in the NFL with some of the highest paid players in the NFL that I feel it is time for someone that is not afraid to show the world what he is and what he believes in to make it big time in the NFL.

Go Tim Tebow and company. Shock the NFL world and beat those Patriots. What an amazing upset that would be.
Sorry, buddy.
The Patriots own Tim Tebow.

28-7 Pats at the half

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

SundayJam wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:Since I'm a Hog/Warrior fan and two of my favorite Heisman trophy candidates are Darren McFadden and Colt Brennan It was easy to hate on Tim Tebow. I wished he would look pathetic in the NFL. That was then this is now. Ever since I'm hearing all the people bash on Tim about his his religious showings I now am rooting for him to be very successful in the NFL. Strange how one day you can despise someone and the next you revere them. I am also tired of hearing about all the rapes, animal killers, shootings, and fights that go on in the NFL with some of the highest paid players in the NFL that I feel it is time for someone that is not afraid to show the world what he is and what he believes in to make it big time in the NFL.

Sorry, buddy.
The Patriots own Tim Tebow.

28-7 Pats at the half

I said it would an amazing upset. I figure the Pats would win easy. Pitsburgh didn't have a chance if they came to play. The Pats during the playoffs are going to be difficult to beat by anyone. Especially at New England.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It was truly an amazing performance by Brady and the Pat's defense.
Football is a team sport. Tebow stood no chance today whatsoever.

Brady is still at the top of his game.
I look for more to come from Tebow. Too bad he doesn't have a Ray Rice to make him look good.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

I LMAO when my friend said..."it looks like jesus only works miracles on sundays"

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Rookie quarterback took his team to the playoffs ....not too shabby. Let's see what happens next year. Is that as far as he can go? I don't know..... I heard someone praising the Broncos offensive line......but that was before the playoff against the Patriots. Ultimately the whole team needs to improve. The score is no surprize to me. I have no idea if he can do better next year but I will be keeping track.
Ohana Makou

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Tebow's okay.
However, he doesn't have the natural ability of some of these blue chip quarterbacks.
The kids got heart and athleticism. He's got smarts and character as well.

I think the Pats defense showed how a one-dimensional offense can be easy to shut down.
I used to enjoy the designed bootlegs and reverses back in the day too. A disciplined defense won't allow it 'no more'.