*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Urijah
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Giants
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: Where is Colt Brennan now?

Post by Urijah »

Red Gun wrote:
808APE wrote:Colt, move on with your life brother. You were briefly a cute story nationally at UH, but the Georgia beatdown made you irrelevant outside of the islands and you all but got swallowed up in your scant time in the NFL. :cry: You are not NFL material. [-X Maybe Tollner can rattle some cages in the AFL, or as a longshot, CFL? \:D/

Otherwise my man, you've got a degree, USE IT!
Swallowed up in his scant time in the NFL? Uh... I remember it differently, and I have the games on tape to prove it. There was his first game against the Colts when he was 9 of 10 for 123 and 2 beautiful TD throws, the 80 yards in less than a minute drive to again come from behind against the Jets and his first year he had the highest rating of any QB in the pre-season.

His second season he got hurt but kept fighting through it because there was a shot at the backup position. In the Patriot game he threw a beautiful 31 yard TD that the announcers said was a throw not many could make.

His third season he got totally f*cked by Shanahan who kept him on the team until after the first day of camp, when they made the trade for the wonderful talent that is John Beck and then released Colt, instead of releasing him when they took over in January and giving Colt the chance to hook up w/ someone else.

Karma is a female dog and Shanahan is reaping the rewards for it now w/ his pathetic team and his lousy QB's.

All this talk about Denver designing an offense that suits Tebow... it would be nice if someone designed an offense around Colt. I guarantee they'd score more than 13 points a game if they did.
There is one, its called the WCO. Colt Brennan has all the tools to be effective in the WCO, someone just has to give him more of a chance in it. With Tebow, you gotta formulate an offense because hes ineffective as a passer, which won't last long in the NFL. Look how fast the NFL caught on with the Wild-Cat, play a Wide-9 D and it goes nowhere. But one thing that Brennan has over most young QB's in the NFL is touch and accuracy, pretty much all it takes (of course there's more) to be successful or serviceable in a WCO.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

He shoulda gone UFL or CFL earlier. But to be fair, he was set to be in the UFL last year, but of course, we know what happened.
Now either he makes it into the NFL, or he just says f*** it and makes a living in the CFL or arena football...or he just hangs it up and moves.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Teblow...Jamarcus...Texas WhazzisName...Kolb.....
I don't understand how smart businesses can invest in multimillion dollar busts.

Colt is a winner, but his clock is ticking.
I would love to see him light up the CFL.
To hell with the UFL and Eurocrap.

Just do it already.

CoreyT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Colt Brennan

Post by CoreyT »

anyone have some news on him? like anything after the car crash
I still believe he'll get into the nfl and prove everyone wrong , what do you guys think?

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Colt Brennan

Post by glockguy »

no chance in he!! he makes it into the nfl. imo

CoreyT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CoreyT »

glockguy wrote:no chance in he!! he makes it into the nfl. imo
Maybe , if he goes to the CFL or Afl like Moon or Warner, look at how good they did in the Nfl

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

If Teblows and his cult can make it, Colt can make it.

rocket808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by rocket808 »

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Red Gun wrote: Swallowed up in his scant time in the NFL? Uh... I remember it differently, and I have the games on tape to prove it. There was his first game against the Colts when he was 9 of 10 for 123 and 2 beautiful TD throws, the 80 yards in less than a minute drive to again come from behind against the Jets and his first year he had the highest rating of any QB in the pre-season.

His second season he got hurt but kept fighting through it because there was a shot at the backup position. In the Patriot game he threw a beautiful 31 yard TD that the announcers said was a throw not many could make.

His third season he got totally f*cked by Shanahan who kept him on the team until after the first day of camp, when they made the trade for the wonderful talent that is John Beck and then released Colt, instead of releasing him when they took over in January and giving Colt the chance to hook up w/ someone else.

Karma is a female dog and Shanahan is reaping the rewards for it now w/ his pathetic team and his lousy QB's.

All this talk about Denver designing an offense that suits Tebow... it would be nice if someone designed an offense around Colt. I guarantee they'd score more than 13 points a game if they did.
What this man said. These are facts. Period. Can't discount them!
+1
UH grad
active Hawaii road game attender

GO WARRIORS!!

CoreyT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CoreyT »

EITSwarrior wrote:
If Teblows and his cult can make it, Colt can make it.

Exactly! 8)

CoreyT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CoreyT »

HawaiianHogster wrote:If you go to the sports forum you will find posts on Colt Brennan with links, articles, and videos of his whereabouts.
I cant find the ones them only user replies on one article

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

From what I heard Tebow may not be too successful in the future because teams know what he can do and are taking steps to keep him from doing them. So for him to be sucessful he needs to evolve and do stuff they haven't prepared for or just become a pocket passer. i am not sure what Colt was doing that made him not desirable but if he had a chance he might have won a few games till the teams figured him out.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

dakineguy wrote:From what I heard Tebow may not be too successful in the future because teams know what he can do and are taking steps to keep him from doing them. So for him to be sucessful he needs to evolve and do stuff they haven't prepared for or just become a pocket passer. i am not sure what Colt was doing that made him not desirable but if he had a chance he might have won a few games till the teams figured him out.
Injuries, bad luck, false perceptions of his arm strength and character, and the dreaded system QB label have derailed Colt's NFL career. As for Tebow, he will not be successful until he learns how to play the QB position at the pro-level. Only reason he's still starting is because Denver's defense kept games close enough for the offense and ST to somehow pull out wins, albeit against crappy teams.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

EITSwarrior wrote:
dakineguy wrote:From what I heard Tebow may not be too successful in the future because teams know what he can do and are taking steps to keep him from doing them. So for him to be sucessful he needs to evolve and do stuff they haven't prepared for or just become a pocket passer. i am not sure what Colt was doing that made him not desirable but if he had a chance he might have won a few games till the teams figured him out.
Injuries, bad luck, false perceptions of his arm strength and character, and the dreaded system QB label have derailed Colt's NFL career. As for Tebow, he will not be successful until he learns how to play the QB position at the pro-level. Only reason he's still starting is because Denver's defense kept games close enough for the offense and ST to somehow pull out wins, albeit against crappy teams.
BTW I'm glad Orton came back and shoved it down the Broncos.

*****Locked by Moderators*****
Please continue discussion on previous thread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41293

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

SundayJam wrote:... but his clock is ticking.
Personally, I think that clock has stopped.

It's not like Colt is a young puppy. The dude is old already.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Haynr8dr wrote:
SundayJam wrote:... but his clock is ticking.
Personally, I think that clock has stopped.

It's not like Colt is a young puppy. The dude is old already.
Yup. He's just as old as Chad Owens