UNR in danger of losing DI status?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

UNR in danger of losing DI status?

Post by J-Rod »

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Re: UNR in danger of losing DI status?

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Boom!!!!!! Down goes the Pack! Hahahaha...

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

The key to the longevity of winning for a football program is directly dependent on how deep the pockets are of your fans and alumni. Even in a dream season, nobody cared about Nevada football. The numbers prove it. Its unfortunate, but they are not built for long term success. We're all just waiting for Ault to call it quits.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote:The key to the longevity of winning for a football program is directly dependent on how deep the pockets are of your fans and alumni. Even in a dream season, nobody cared about Nevada football. The numbers prove it. Its unfortunate, but they are not built for long term success. We're all just waiting for Ault to call it quits.
Now comes the $64,000 question: does the MWC invite anybody else to replace UNR should they drop & if so, WHO? OR does the MWC just stands pat and hope the Big 12 does the ole belly flop and grab the leftovers?

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

wyokie wrote:
Now comes the $64,000 question: does the MWC invite anybody else to replace UNR should they drop & if so, WHO? OR does the MWC just stands pat and hope the Big 12 does the ole belly flop and grab the leftovers?
Tough question. There are candidates.....and I imagine UNR buzzing out would only escalate SJSU and USU whoring themselves out to the MWC. I'd like Montana, but that's far-fetched right now. Unless the Big-12 explodes.....I think we'd probably stay put.

However, if the Big 12 lost OU, Texas, etc.....I actually think they'd probably try to poach from the MWC/C-USA.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

when did UH lose its funding from the state? it was a few years ago. we're still around, although barely.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

tangomike
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tangomike »

in regards to your statement about USU and SJSU whoring themselves out to the mwc. didn't we?
J-Rod wrote:
wyokie wrote:
Tough question. There are candidates.....and I imagine UNR buzzing out would only escalate SJSU and USU whoring themselves out to the MWC. I'd like Montana, but that's far-fetched right now. Unless the Big-12 explodes.....I think we'd probably stay put.

However, if the Big 12 lost OU, Texas, etc.....I actually think they'd probably try to poach from the MWC/C-USA.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

tangomike wrote:in regards to your statement about USU and SJSU whoring themselves out to the mwc. didn't we?
Yeah except...........Hawaii actually has a good football program and the appearance in the 2008 Sugar Bowl didn't hurt UH's chances of getting in the MWC.

SJSU stinks beyond belief!!!!!!!!! :roll:

And as for USU.......they're BYU Lite!