$1.9 million lost?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

$1.9 million lost?

Post by Haynr8dr »

Anyone else catch Mark May on College Game Day?

They were discussing the implications of Nevada's upset of Boise St., and Mark May said each WAC program lost about $1.9 million dollars because Boise St. got eliminated by Nevada for a BCS Bowl - part of the irony, aka, humor involved as they discussed it - the fact that Nevada's victory cost them $1.9 million.

I recall we got a fair chunk of change the last couple of times Boise St. was in a BCS Bowl, but I don't remember it being that much - perhaps inflation.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: $1.9 million lost?

Post by xer 21 »

Haynr8dr wrote:Anyone else catch Mark May on College Game Day?

They were discussing the implications of Nevada's upset of Boise St., and Mark May said each WAC program lost about $1.9 million dollars because Boise St. got eliminated by Nevada for a BCS Bowl - part of the irony, aka, humor involved as they discussed it - the fact that Nevada's victory cost them $1.9 million.

I recall we got a fair chunk of change the last couple of times Boise St. was in a BCS Bowl, but I don't remember it being that much - perhaps inflation.
meh, athletic fee.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Closer to a million according to this article: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ion-120110
When is a win a loss? Ask Nevada.

The team pulled off a stunning upset against Western Atlantic conference rival Boise State on Saturday — a win that also lost $1 million for the school.

If Boise State — ranked No. 4 in the BCS standings headed into the game — had made it to a BCS bowl game, every school in the WAC would've received a cut of the money the Broncos would pick up in television revenue, according to a Business Insider report. But with the loss, Boise State is out of the hunt for a BCS bowl and WAC schools won't reap the rewards.

The BCS's new television deal is set to pay out $125 million in TV revenue. The bigger deal meant that if a WAC school made a BCS bowl game, the entire conference was set to take in more than $10 million, Business Insider said.

Of that payout, rougly $3 million could've gone to Boise State with the rest — around $7 million — being distributed to the other WAC schools, according to the publication.

So how much would each school have received? About $1 million each, including the Nevada team whose upset apparently cost them a big check.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Dang it..
Colin K did it again...
They beat themselves out of a million dollar paycheck.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com