WAC is now pursuing North Texas!

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Jedi Warrior 50
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: New York Yankees
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers
NFL: Minnesota Vikings

WAC is now pursuing North Texas!

Post by Jedi Warrior 50 »

WAC Commissioner, Karl Benson, reiterated today that the WAC will survive through the changes for the future. Despite inviting 2 schools from Texas for football, the commissioner is looking to add another team from Texas, North Texas. The WAC is becoming very desperate to retain its D-1 status in football as Hawaii indicated that they plan to join the MWC for the 2012 season with Nevada and Fresno State. Here is the link to the story:

1) http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5840034

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: WAC is now pursuing North Texas!

Post by shoichikun808 »

which has been shut down a few hours after Benson talked about inviting them :lol:

http://www.northtexas.rivals.com/conten ... ID=1156469
:-({|=

heres another article on NT's blog and you cant access the rivals site.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archi ... ac-ov.html

:-({|=

heres another article :roll:
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/d ... 238e9.html

I think that shoots down the UNT invite pretty fast :-({|=

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

I think if UNT brings in the right coach they could really improve. I'd like to see Mike Canalas get the job. they need someone who can recruit against the A&M's, Techs and U of's all around Texas.

Texas State though, head coach was fired yesterday. Should be interesting to see if they try to hire a big gun to bring up their program to the WAC.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

PIAA DS wrote:I think if UNT brings in the right coach they could really improve. I'd like to see Mike Canalas get the job. they need someone who can recruit against the A&M's, Techs and U of's all around Texas.

Texas State though, head coach was fired yesterday. Should be interesting to see if they try to hire a big gun to bring up their program to the WAC.
With all due respect, ma'am, the WAC will be dead before 2012. Rumors are flying that NMSU and Louisiana Tech are hi-tailing it for the Sun Belt ASAP!!! Announcement next week.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wyokie wrote:
PIAA DS wrote:I think if UNT brings in the right coach they could really improve. I'd like to see Mike Canalas get the job. they need someone who can recruit against the A&M's, Techs and U of's all around Texas.

With all due respect, ma'am, the WAC will be dead before 2012. Rumors are flying that NMSU and Louisiana Tech are hi-tailing it for the Sun Belt ASAP!!! Announcement next week.
They they can rename the conference the Mid-South-Western Athletic Conference.. :D

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

wyokie wrote:

With all due respect, sir, I dont think I made any reference to how long the WAC will be around. However, Rumours are flying about the Sun belt as well as Conference USA for one of the teams. But then again, until papers are signed sealed and delivered (or at least an invite is officially made) UH, NMSU and LA Tech are all still in the WAC and the WAC is still looking for members.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

PIAA DS wrote:With all due respect, sir, I dont think I made any reference to how long the WAC will be around. However, Rumours are flying about the Sun belt as well as Conference USA for one of the teams. But then again, until papers are signed sealed and delivered (or at least an invite is officially made) UH, NMSU and LA Tech are all still in the WAC and the WAC is still looking for members.
True but the WAC's life signs is about to flat line very soon.

GO Mountain West! :hello1: