2010 Cross Country

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2010 Cross Country

Post by nogutsnoglory »

Cross Country: No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport" It was a great season.
See you all on Maui for the track state meet.

MilRunFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MilRunFan »

NoGuts: …You forgot to mention that in XC, no “trash talk” is required. Stay positive and keep the competition on the course!

Both the girls and boys’ State Champ races were exiting. Some other observations:

Awesome runs by both the Champions – They both left no question as to who are the best boy and girl HS runners in the State! Good luck in picking a college, Mr. Martinez. Miss Grossman, wonderful job.

I loved Mr. Murphy’s gutsy run after less than a week since his awesome Mt. SAC result.

Congratulations to the underappreciated Mr. Thibodeau for a great effort. While Mr. Martinez and Mr. Murphy were battling, you hung back and took advantage when the opportunity presented itself.

Miss Brady: What a comeback! With only a month or so of training, you returned from an injury, and kept contact with Miss Grossman for the entire race. Until last Thursday, no other Hawaii HS runner has been able to do that!

Miss Nicholls: I cannot put it any better than welshrarebit. I totally agree. You became a Hawaii elite runner last Thursday.

Miss Pugliese: Way to lead your team with class. Good luck to all the Mililani seniors.

Leilehua Gents: Way to represent the OIA. Great job!

HPA: Congratulations to you. I see Coach Franklin as Hawaii’s XC Coach of the Year.

To all the Hawaii HS XC runners: Thanks for all the effort – you are all winners.

Until next year…MilRunFan

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

MilRunFan

Or shoudl I say, Mililani Parent. You really need to lose it. You are the one here that is giving this sport a bad name. I called it like i saw it and that is the way it ended, or is free speech not allowed here. You must be one of those sensitive people that can not handel the truth. And What do you concider trash talk, we whould all like to know.

nogutsnoglory
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by nogutsnoglory »

PS MilRunFan

If you consider staying in contact being 30 or 40 meters behind you must not be a runner. I was there.

BIOFA
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BIOFA »

"Brady is about to get the surprise of her life"
I consider that trash talk, but like you said free speech is allowed here.
30-40 meters is in contact I believe, a sprint could catch you up a lot.
Like last year, she kept in contact, and what happend? The last 200 meters were lost. But at least one of the sisters got to be a State Champ.
Also its CONSIDER, and WOULD and HANDLE.

808HOTSHOTS
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808HOTSHOTS »

I went back and re-did all the pictures of the 2009 Championships on Kauai. Here's Da link.

http://808hotshots.com/2009-HHSAA-Cross-Country-State

Aloha, Kevin

welshrarebit
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by welshrarebit »

I was looking at past records of races and was suprised at how few kids medal every year. So, I went back and looked at the last four years to see, by class, how many kids there were:

Girls:

Seniors:

None

Juniors:

Mann - Pun

Sophmores:

Brady - Pun
Evans - HPA

Freshmen:

Grossman - Sea
Van Pernis - HPA
Lum - Pun
Lam - Pun

Boys

Seniors:

Martines - Lei

Juniors:

Esaki - Iol

Sophmores:

Pearson - Bald
Carvalho - Mil

Freshmen:

None

I think that I have this correct but if anyone sees anything wrong I will correct it...

808XC
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808XC »

welsh, I dont understand how your calculating your medal distribution??
But at states its for the Top 20. OIA top20, BIIF top 7. Not sure on ILH, MIL, or KIF

welshrarebit
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by welshrarebit »

I meant at the state championship race.

CCfan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CCfan »

I think welsh meant how many runners consistently medal at states throughout their hs xc career. There may be more if you count the medals the first place team members receive.

todaresq
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by todaresq »

welshrarebit
I was looking at past records of races and was suprised at how few kids medal every year. So, I went back and looked at the last four years to see, by class, how many kids there were:

Care to clarify what you mean? Are you talking about state champions or repeat competitors in the top 20 in the last 4 years?

milhstrack
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by milhstrack »

Sorry it took so long, but the videos from the 2010 HHSAA State XC Girls Race are now posted on the Mililani site (http://milhsxc.com)
Girls Race Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VlJT15wzis)
Girls Race Part 2(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xQaD58F6IU)
Boys Race (Coming Soon!)

I'm assuming that Welshrarebit meant the runners who've medaled (Top 20) at States this year who have also medaled every year they've run since their freshman year.

welshrarebit
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by welshrarebit »

^^^ Yes, that's what I meant. I thought that there would be a higher number than there was.

The girls senior class this year only had Tialana Greenwell trying for a state medal in all four years of her being eligible. I think she was struggling through a bunch of injuries and still didn't miss by much (23rd). The boys senior class Pierce Murphy got a state medal as a freshmen but I think the transfer rule got him in his sophmore year; I don't know this for a fact but I'm assuming that's what happened.

I listed all four freshmen girls from this year because no one else from that class can be added on to that list down the road. There weren't any freshmen boys this year in the top 20 at the state championships, so the next three years no one will be on that list.

Anyway, I was REALLY suprised at the small number that the list includes: boys and girls.

See you all on the track forum... ;)

milhstrack
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by milhstrack »

the 2010 HHSAA State XC Boys Race videos is now posted on the Mililani site (http://milhsxc.com)

Boys Race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqJGwQLqJjg

n0t1but2
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by n0t1but2 »

Discussions are already in full swing on the 2011 Hawaii High School Track and Field Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37676