New Sports Radio Station ESPN 1500 am?

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

New Sports Radio Station ESPN 1500 am?

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

When did ESPN take over 1500 am? I noticed the other day.... so far as I can tell, all shows are from ESPN Radio (same as 1420 am)....

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Sports Radio Station ESPN 1500 am?

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I've noticed that 1420 has allot of technical troubles lately so I'm guessing it's because of the new station. I haven't tried to tune in to 1500 yet. Is it already on the air?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

HK
All-conference
All-conference

Post by HK »

I tried tuning in during the Coach Mac show and it had the regular ESPN programming going. I can understand if it's another sports network (Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, etc.) but two of the same thing perplexes me. I guess they must have a plan.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

40 years ago, everyone was perplexed when ESPN would be a 24 hr channel.

15 years ago, everyone was perplexed when ESPN2 was created.

10 years ago, ESPN Classic, ESPNNews, and ESPNradio was born and everyone was perplexed.

5 years ago, ESPNU was created.

Last week, ESPN1500am was created.

What will they create in the future?

ESPN8 the ocho!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Sports radio on KHKA, 1500-AM
A new 24-hour sports radio station KHKA (ESPN), 1500-AM, which launched last Friday, will provide broadcasts of Major League Baseball playoff games, college football and Hawaii high school football.

Also featured are ESPN Radio national programming as well as encore performances of sister station KKEA (ESPN), 1420-AM's "The Bobby Curran Show" and "The Sports Animals" programs.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports/20 ... _Beat.html