tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

THE OFFICIAL SH THREAD of ALL Possible Conference Expansions

Post by tico brown »

Made official by the admin man, hehe thx Tico

Read this on the Rutgers Rivals.com site about a possible Pac 10 expansion with Texas, Texas AM, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Colorado. Don't know if this is true or not, along with the stories of Boise to MWC, B10 going to 16, SEC grabbing ACC teams. But College Football reallignment is about to fall if this is anywhere near true!!!!
http://wireless.rivals.com/message2.asp ... 0&Team=166
Last edited by tico brown on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: FIRST DOMINO: Rumors Of A P10 Expansion W/6 From B12!!!

Post by J-Rod »

Pure speculation......just like every other rumor for the past 3 months. As of now, there are 4 different outcomes that are "bound to happen". :lol:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

tico brown wrote:Read this on the Rutgers Rivals.com site about a possible Pac 10 expansion with Texas, Texas AM, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Colorado. Don't know if this is true or not, along with the stories of Boise to MWC, B10 going to 16, SEC grabbing ACC teams. But College Football reallignment is about to fall if this is anywhere near true!!!!
http://wireless.rivals.com/message2.asp ... 0&Team=166
HOY CRAP! OU and Okie State in the PAC-10! Didn't see that coming, if true!

WOW!

Although I do hope it is true so that the MWC can keep it's membership intact plus grab Boise Styate (100% will happen) and the Kansas schools. Gawd, I hope we (MWC) don't offer Baylor. 2 religouis schools is enough in my book.

If all true, thatll leaves 4 teams in ithe Big 12 (CU-Boulder and Big 12 South sans Baylor to the PAC-10 plus Nebraska and Mizzu to the Big Ten).

My guess on the Big 12 leftovers.
KU and K-State could go to the MWC. The KU-Utah basketball games will be killer.
Baylor could head for C-USA.
Iowa State to the MAC?

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

Didn't these guys look at what happened with the WAC 16? Isn't that too Big? I always thought that if the PAC 10 expanded, it would have to go to 12. I know they in the past have coveted Texas and Colorado, getting those two would mean that they truly are the conference of the West.
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Its funny how people take pure rumor and speculation and assume it as fact. I've seen at least three different scenarios from wyokie that are "100% going to happen". :roll: Pure sh!t if you ask me. Super conferences don't work......period.

rodfather
All-American
All-American

Post by rodfather »

To be honest, I don't want the PAC to expand...I think they have a good deal going on now. Besides, say in the future if a football tournament ever occurred, having a conference championship game may be an extra game you do not want!
"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat." --- Jigoro Kano, The Founder of Judo

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I think people should stop,step back,take a deep breath,and wait to see what happens. Maybe nothing will happen. Conferences cannot sustain themselves by continual growth because the logical conclusion is that every conference but one would die. Not likely. So, continue to cheer for your favorite alma maters and conferences!

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by tico brown »

rodfather wrote:Didn't these guys look at what happened with the WAC 16? Isn't that too Big? I always thought that if the PAC 10 expanded, it would have to go to 12. I know they in the past have coveted Texas and Colorado, getting those two would mean that they truly are the conference of the West.
The reason the Super WAC didn't had a chance because it was too spread out with teams that did not had a big enough fan base. Yes, they had teams in the big Houston, Dallas, and Oakland/SF markets but not enough people from those markets cared enough to watch TCU, Rice, San Jose St. And the rest of the markets that the WAC teams were in weren't big enough to support those teams nationwide. That was one of the main reasons why BYU was passed over for the Fiesta Bowl and the BIG payout that the WAC desperately needed to survive. That started the begininig of the end for the SuperWAC, which couldn't compete $$$/TV market-wise with the Big Boys.

Now say if this rumor is true and the P10 go to 16, it can be able to succeed with Texas, Texas AM, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Colorado because most of these schools have great fan bases that will support the team in the stadium, on the road, and with the TV sets. These teams will have matchups that the national media and fans would be salivating over: USC/Texas, Oklahoma/Oregon, Oregon State/Texas Tech, Colorado/Arizona, etc. A BIG difference between that and San Diego St/NM State, Rice/San Jose St, etc. Another plus would be if this is true and they go to 2, 8 team divisions, the original Pac 8 would be in one division while the Arizona schools would fit in nicely with the old B12 schools. THESE are the reasons why a 16 team Pac 10 or Big 10 would have a better chance of working than a 16 team WAC.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by tico brown »

unpaid wrote:I think people should stop,step back,take a deep breath,and wait to see what happens. Maybe nothing will happen. Conferences cannot sustain themselves by continual growth because the logical conclusion is that every conference but one would die. Not likely. So, continue to cheer for your favorite alma maters and conferences!
I would love for this to be true. But as long as the conferences sees $$$$$, the presidents and the powers that be will be trying their damndest to the most $$$$$ possible.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I think most people would agree that conference presidents are trying to make the most bucks they can....It's the way it is here in America.

However,expansion isn't the only way to accomplish that.

The SEC has recently signed a super -tv package deal which I believe was only possible because an SEC school has won the last three or four NCAA football titles. SO, that could be put down to other factors like recruiting, coaching,alumni pockets.

Or, to put it another way, I think the ACC for example,would like a similar deal,but how many NCAA titleholders in football do they have recently? I don't think the ACC could get an equal tv contract by simply adding six teams.

Jodatoa
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Pac-10 Expanding to Pac-16?

Post by Jodatoa »

There have been many rumblings of expansion when it comes to BCS conferences but the newest rumor is a huge one. There is a possibility that the PAC 10 could expand to 16 teams by adding six teams from the Big 12. These six teams “could” be Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M. It is very important to note that these are just rumors at the present time and nothing has been set in stone but if this comes to fruition this will lead to a very interesting PAC 16 schedule.

The main reason the PAC 10 is looking to expand is to gain more revenue with a championship game and a lucrative TV schedule. Over the next few weeks the proposal of league expansion could get huge.

How do you guys feel about the PAC 10 possibly expanding to a PAC 16 conference?

I for one am all for it, as a College Football fan, esp a fan of the PAC 10, I couldn't be more excited at the possibility of seeing this come to fruition. I understand it is all still up in the air, but I am optimistic it can be done.

ktownwarrior
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Pac-10 Expanding to Pac-16?

Post by ktownwarrior »

Here's what we know as a definite right now: The Big 10 is interested in Nebraska and Missouri and the interest is mutual, and the Pac-10 is interested in Colorado and the interest might be mutual. There's also been rumblings about Texas and Oklahoma heading to the SEC, which makes more sense, given the SEC already has a big TV contract with ESPN and the lucrative money involved. Both the Big 10 and SEC have more to offer these Big 12 teams financially at the moment than the Pac-10 does. There are even rumors of Texas getting its very own TV deal, ala Notre Dame. I would consider all of this hype right now except for Nebraska and Missouri going to the Big 10, that's a very real possibility.

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Pac-10 Expanding to Pac-16?

Post by tico brown »

You're a couple of days too late on the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36126

Or I guess a new thread had to be made to talk about the same thing, smh?

Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Post by Desert Isle »

rodfather wrote:To be honest, I don't want the PAC to expand...I think they have a good deal going on now.
I'm with you. I don't want the Pac-10 to expand....unless it can get Texas. If you can land that revenue monster you just have to do it. I think the reason the rumors are for 6 Big-12 teams joining is because Texas wouldn't want to leave both Texas A&M and Oklahoma. So the Pac-10 is condering inviting all of the above and then some. 8)

We keep waiting for the Big Ten to make its move but it would be crazy if the Pac-10 beat them to it, and landed the biggest prize in Texas!

Personally I'm torn, becauase while it would make the Pac-10 incredibly strong, it would mean my Arizona Wildcats would have to battle Texas and Oklahoma just to get a shot to beat USC in a conference championship game. :-?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Stallion wrote:
rodfather wrote:To be honest, I don't want the PAC to expand...I think they have a good deal going on now.
I'm with you. I don't want the Pac-10 to expand....unless it can get Texas. If you can land that revenue monster you just have to do it. I think the reason the rumors are for 6 Big-12 teams joining is because Texas wouldn't want to leave both Texas A&M and Oklahoma. So the Pac-10 is condering inviting all of the above and then some. 8)
Plus, OU and Okie State are joined at the hip. State law requires that both b in the same conference at all times so....