The Na Koa Lunch Report (10/13/08)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Assistant Head Coach George Lumpkin was the guest speaker at the Na Koa lunch on October 13th at another packed house at The Willows Restaurant. This is the first time in recent memory that Coach Lumpkin had spoken to Na Koa and we found him to very insightful and at times, quite humorous.

While there were no serious injuries, we are banged up just like everyone else is. Brashton Satele is being hampered by his injury, but is still playing hard. Solomon Eliminian and Adam Leonard are playing hurt too. It looks like Fale Laeli will be back soon. Coach Lumpkin was unsure when Blaze Soares would be back. Malcolm Lane sprained his thumb but should be fine.

Coach Lumpkin is very happy to get Guyton Galdeira and Francis Maka back. He said it was like being in the NFL and picking up some free agents in the middle of the season. He thinks both may be available for this week’s game.

All the work on turnover drills is coming to fruition in games. They do punch out, strip, fumble recovery and interception drills everyday.

The defense had some alignment and gap control problems in the first half which gave Louisiana Tech some running room. Once they took care of those issues, they shut down Louisiana Tech in the second half. Everyone just needs to play their responsibility and the defense should do well.
Article continues:
http://www.nakoa.org/pages/highlights.html

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: The Na Koa Lunch Report (10/13/08)

Post by Duster »

Thanks, uhwarriors!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

As always.. excellent recap... almost like being there... can't quite taste the poke, though...

Thanks!

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

great recap. thanks! :thumbup:

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Awesome recap, uhwarriors. :dubthum:

kepaniamekolea
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kepaniamekolea »

As always, great re-cap! :hello1: Mahalo esp from us outerisland guys!

TemeculaWarrior
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TemeculaWarrior »

Was there any food? I like food.

TW 8)
GO WARRIORS!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Thanks to NA KOA for allowing this to be posted here.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

TemeculaWarrior wrote:Was there any food? I like food.

TW 8)
no

jase0517
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jase0517 »

Great recap, uhwarriors! Two corrections — you meant Amani Purcell, not Melila. Although Coach Lumpkin did accidentally include Ikaika Alama-Francis with that list. :D

As for Veikune and his 81 plays, you meant Oregon State. Fresno State only had 73 offensive plays.

I've always loved your recaps, cause you take note of so many things that I forget soon after the thing is over. Try say Hi sometime; I sit at the Tsai-kos' main table in the back corner of the room, near the start of the buffet line. Just look for the college kid who comes in around 11:45. :lol:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

jase0517 wrote:Great recap, uhwarriors! Two corrections — you meant Amani Purcell, not Melila. Although Coach Lumpkin did accidentally include Ikaika Alama-Francis with that list. :D

As for Veikune and his 81 plays, you meant Oregon State. Fresno State only had 73 offensive plays.

I've always loved your recaps, cause you take note of so many things that I forget soon after the thing is over. Try say Hi sometime; I sit at the Tsai-kos' main table in the back corner of the room, near the start of the buffet line. Just look for the college kid who comes in around 11:45. :lol:
Jason, thanks for the corrections. It's hard to remember everything correctly. Irse, Kapakahi and I were sitting on the table right in front of you. Usually we sit on another table but people are getting there earlier and earlier now so we didn't get our usual table. We'll look for you next time.

jase0517
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jase0517 »

uhwarriors wrote:Jason, thanks for the corrections. It's hard to remember everything correctly. Irse, Kapakahi and I were sitting on the table right in front of you. Usually we sit on another table but people are getting there earlier and earlier now so we didn't get our usual table. We'll look for you next time.
Oh, okay, I think I know who you guys are. Still gotta put names to faces, though. See you on Monday.