The Na Koa Lunch Report (9/29/08)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

The Na Koa Lunch Report (9/29/08)

Post by uhwarriors »

This year we are doing the lunch report a little differently. I suggested and Na Koa agreed that the reports on Na Koa lunches should be placed on the Na Koa website. I am a Na Koa member and started writing the reports as a service to Na Koa members as well as other fans who can't make it to the lunches. It has also served as a way to generate interest in Na Koa and resulted in a number of fans joining the organization. I feel the reports should be on Na Koa's website to generate even more awareness of Na Koa. As I have been doing with Sports Hawaii, we plan to have the reports up on the Na Koa site on Tuesday mornings after the games. I'll post a preview here on Sports Hawaii and link to the report as soon as we have it up on the Na Koa site. Thanks for your support.
The Na Koa Lunch Report (9/29/08) wrote:
Associate Head Coach Rich Miano was the guest speaker at the Na Koa lunch on September 29th. He said we played our best defensive game this year against San Jose State. There was also a lot of improvement on offense and special teams. Unfortunately we turned the ball over too many times to win.

Coach Miano thinks Kealoha Pilares (concussion) will be back soon. Rocky Savaiiagea reinjured his triceps and he is unsure when he’ll be back. Leon Wright-Jackson is still nursing a bad foot and couldn’t play much. Daniel Libre is recovering from an ankle injury but was able to play some. Blaze Soares had a setback with his calf injury and Coach Miano was uncertain when he would be back. Ryan Mouton played hurt (ribs) and had a terrific game.

The quarterback position has been inconsistent because on-going injury problems. The JC transfer quarterbacks (Brent Rausch and Greg Alexander) are still learning the offense. Colt Brennan really struggled his first year, but he eventually got it. Coach Miano thinks they’ll get reps as they get more comfortable with the system.

Regarding the interceptions, Coach Miano said he was told that one was because of a poor throw and another was caused by the receiver running a wrong route. He wasn’t sure what the reasons were for the others.

Because we throw so much, we know that we’ll throw some interceptions. But we threw way too many in this game. They are breaking down all of the turnovers from the first four games to make sure they can address the reasons for the turnovers.
Article continues: http://www.nakoa.org/pages/lunch_summar ... 29_08.html

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Re: The Na Koa Lunch Report (9/29/08)

Post by letsgobows »

thanks.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

Exiled
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Exiled »

Thank you, I for one would never have gone to their website out of plain oversight. It is a good idea!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mahalo UHWarriors... :hello1:

kepaniamekolea
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kepaniamekolea »

Mahalo for the update. It's really helpful to us outer-island guys who can't be there. =D>