What does your screen name mean?

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
BLUEANGEL
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: What does your screen name mean?

Post by BLUEANGEL »

My nic-name comes from the US Navy Blue Angels. I was a US Marine when I was a young man. I served for 6 years in the Corps, very proud of my service and very proud of my Country. I am a HUGE air show fan! Love jets and prop engine planes, but can't stand to fly in em! Was in a helo that went down and it scared the you-know-what out of me! It's better but, when I fly today, I still embed my finger prints into the chairs on Hawaiian Airlines. Lived on Oahu for three years, loved it. No where else is it better. Am now living in San Pedro, CA. Not what I wanted, but life had different plans for me. I went to one football game at Aloha Stadium to see the Hula Bowl. I was hooked! I will support the Warriors forever! I am a former youth football coach, done it for six seasons here on the mainland. I would have loved to coach on Oahu. I seen so MANY kids with such talent for playing football, I wish EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM THE BEST. They know who they are. Mahalo for allowing me the pleasure of being a member of this fine board.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

BLUEANGEL wrote:Mahalo for allowing me the pleasure of being a member of this fine board.
I saw the Blue Angels perform at KMCAS in the 70's. Awesome.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

In 1990, I was the owner, operator, janitor, book keeper, etc of a Glass Tinting business. Performance Edge, hence, I'm Mr.EDGE (I added the 808 since I'm from here). Not hard to remember either......names are like stains, not even Clorax can wash away it's name!
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:In 1990, I was the owner, operator, janitor, book keeper, etc of a Glass Tinting business. Performance Edge, hence, I'm Mr.EDGE (I added the 808 since I'm from here). Not hard to remember either......names are like stains, not even Clorax can wash away it's name!
Do you say, "was" because you don't have the business anymore?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

My name was just because I couldn't think of anything to call myself and was thinking dakine trying to come up with something. I never came up with anything other than dakine so it was dakineguy.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Scott wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:In 1990, I was the owner, operator, janitor, book keeper, etc of a Glass Tinting business. Performance Edge, hence, I'm Mr.EDGE (I added the 808 since I'm from here). Not hard to remember either......names are like stains, not even Clorax can wash away it's name!
Do you say, "was" because you don't have the business anymore?
Correcto moondoe ! My way of earning a living is to make sure "Chawan_cut" & "Fourth and one" paperwork, documents, support products, blah, blah are in order. I'm not as smart as them.....though I am the keeper of gastly secrets. Ah, my kingdom for a horse, of course!

I must say that I still get calls from some of my former customers, but I usually recommend them to "Darren's Tiniting" (owner -Darren Saiki) who is the only person I would trust with my on car to tint. He's got skills. Clean work.

Why, are you asking me for a side job? Nayyyy noooo cannnnnnnn =;
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Tone96795
Starter
Starter
MLB: White Sox/Yankees
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Rams

Post by Tone96795 »

my name's tone
96795 = waimanalo born an raised

kepaniamekolea
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by kepaniamekolea »

My name is simple, in hawaiian: kepani = japanese. a me = and. kolea = korean.
Japanese and Korean, that's me!

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

My name is "Paul B" only because there were 3 Pauls (including myself) in my class at Waihee elementary on Maui.

Born and raised in Hawaii, originally from Moloka'i and moved to Maui. Went to Baldwin for 3 years and Molokai High for 1 year (probably the greatest year of my high school life!). Grad from Baldwin (not going to tell the grad date but it predates the cellphone and VCR).

Been living in Los Angeles for close to 20 years but I fly 2 times a year back to Oahu and Maui for business and family.

FORMAGGIO and East Side Grill, baby!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Paul B wrote:My name is "Paul B" only because there were 3 Pauls (including myself) in my class at Waihee elementary on Maui.

Born and raised in Hawaii, originally from Moloka'i and moved to Maui. Went to Baldwin for 3 years and Molokai High for 1 year (probably the greatest year of my high school life!). Grad from Baldwin (not going to tell the grad date but it predates the cellphone and VCR).

Been living in Los Angeles for close to 20 years but I fly 2 times a year back to Oahu and Maui for business and family.

FORMAGGIO and East Side Grill, baby!
Even before this cell phone? I remember carrying these around at work and thought it was the best thing since the microwave.

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Paul B
All-American
All-American

Post by Paul B »

Scott,
No. Mine was the one to the right of yours (second one from the left) in this photo of cellphones.

You had the BIG one (cellphone that is!), the walkie-talkie one. Then, compared to yours, mine was way smaller but heavy. Ho, if I lost my cellphone, I would KNOW. Nowadays, the cellphones are so light, that I wouldn't know when I lost it.

KAILUABOYS96734
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by KAILUABOYS96734 »

My home town Kailua 96734 is the zip code

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Nisei means second generation in Japanese.

But I've used this screen name in honor of the most decorated unit in U.S. military history, the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, made up entirely of Japanese soldiers.

2goodbucs
Starter
Starter

Post by 2goodbucs »

2GoodBucs-

Moved to Florida from Red Hill, Hawaii with nothing more than 2 dollars.

efthimios_rentzias
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by efthimios_rentzias »

The name of the worst draft pick in my favorite team's, the Denver Nuggets, history. Drafted 1st round, 23rd overall in 1996, they only had four clips to run over and over from his Turkey-league days. He finally played in the NBA for THE SIXERS in 2002, and averaged 1.5 points per game.
Now, I will make him immortal through this forum.