Cool / Funny Story of the Day

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Cool Story of the Day

Post by Kailuaboy »

Mo'ne Davis' life has been wild, crazy since LLWS

USA Today Sports
February 25, 2015

WASHINGTON — Seven months after Mo'ne Davis became the first girl to win and pitch a shutout in the Little League World Series, her life continues to speed along, perhaps even more quickly than her 70-mph fastball.

The eighth-grader has already met President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, had her face grace the cover of Sports Illustrated and had NBA stars such as Stephen Curry seek her autograph. One part that still mystifies her is that "people in the hallways at school who I don't even know say hi to me."

And, for the record, Curry is not the first pro athlete to seek her signature. That honor, she said belongs to Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Teenage Guitar Goddess is on 'Fire and Flames' With DragonForce Cover

By Wendy Geller
March 6, 2015

Link

Every day it seems like there’s a new viral video to watch -- and it's anyone's guess what strange/fascinating/inspiring subject is going to pop up. This week, it's been all about a 15-year-old French guitar phenomenon.

"Tina S." has been winning raves for the video she uploaded to her YouTube channel Thursday, featuring her shredding to DragonForce’s “Through the Fire and Flames”.

The song is known as one of the toughest songs to play on the video game Guitar Hero 3, but seeing it done in real life (on her Vigier Excalibur Custom) is way more impressive.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Link

Published on Mar 22, 2015
I met street poet Anthony Hickerson while hanging out in front of Voodoo Donuts at the corner of Broadway and Willamette in Eugene, Oregon. I was in town to visit family as my dad had just passed away, and Anthony asked if I'd like to hear a freestyle poem. It was the day after Thanksgiving, and the poem Anthony dropped was exactly what I needed to hear. It was perfect for that moment and that visit, so once I returned home I knew I had to put Anthony's poem to music and add the video footage I had shot during my trip to finish the groove that Anthony had started.

So here's my love note to the City of Eugene, a laid back beat under an inspirational poem with a look around town through my eyes.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Abused Dog Who Was Thrown Into a River Makes The Most Inspiring Recovery Ever

ETonline
Alex Ungerman
March 23, 2015

Warning: parts of this are difficult to see.

Volunteers at Hope For Paws in Los Angeles rescued a little dog spotted in the Los Angeles River.

The dog, who's rescuer named him Jordan, was barely clinging to life and had likely been there for a couple of days. He had been abused and thrown into the river according to an eye witness. One of his paws had been removed.

Jordan could not move and had to be transported by basket to an animal hospital.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

An Ecuadorian stray dog named Arthur finds his forever home in Sweden

Andrea Crossan, PRI's The World
March 21, 2015

Remember that scruffy stray dog from last November, the one who adopted a team of Swedish athletes doing an adventure race in a South American jungle?

That dog, whose name is Arthur, was lucky enough to get a meatball from the racers as they passed by. He never left them again.

He followed the team as they trudged through mud and rowed kayaks down a river, staying with them all the way across the finish line.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Link

Published on Apr 6, 2015
Russell Westbrook gave his All-Star MVP Kia Sorrento to a deserving mother of 2 in Oklahoma City.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Adopted Pit Bull Comes to the Rescue of 10-Year-Old Boy (VIDEO)

Kate Good
June 5, 2015

Link

Pit Bulls are often given a bad reputation for being vicious or aggressive dogs due to their association with cruel dog fighting rings. While it is a shame that the actions of a few irresponsible Pit Bull guardians has tarnished the reputation of this breed, many people are working to set the record straight for these dogs.

Just take a look at Ember, the Pit Bull in this video. The Daniels family rescued Ember through Adore-A-Bulls, an animal rescue that actively works to dispel the wrongful myths surrounding Pit Bulls and other Bully breeds.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Waitress's Kind Gesture Toward Grieving Parents

Rachel Bertsche
June 8, 2015

Waitress Kayla Lane, right, picked up the tab for regular customers Shaun and Debbie Riddle after the couple lost their 9-week-old baby. (Photo: Kayla Lane/Facebook)

A couple grieving the loss of their 9-week-old daughter got an unexpected surprise when the waitress serving them picked up their tab.

Debbie Davis Riddle and her husband, Shaun Riddle, are regulars at the West Side Café in Fort Worth, Texas. The last time they were at the restaurant, the couple brought with them their newborn daughter, Glory. “They were in the back room and I had to go see her and congratulate them on their baby,” Kayla Lane, a waitress at West Side Café, tells Yahoo Parenting.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

This Kitten Curled Up With A Husky Shows A Mother's Love Is Unconditional

Cameron Keady
Associate Editor, Good News, The Huffington Post
July 16, 2015

Link

Rosie the kitten was down on her luck until she met Lilo the husky. The 3-month-old rescue kitty found
a happy home a little over two months ago, but almost didn’t make it through her first night -- until she
snuggled with Lilo.

“By some miracle, she started suckling on Lilo and Lilo went full 'mom mode,'" Rosie’s owner wrote on
Instagram. “Since then, Rosie's been getting much better and her eyes opened!”

And good thing, too, because Rosie’s new home is a wonderful world to see. In addition to mama Lilo,
Rosie’s roommates include another husky, several other kitties and even some bunnies.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Bindi Irwin celebrated her 17th birthday by remembering her dad in just the most beautiful way

Kit Steinkellner
July 26, 2015 10:20 am

It’s hard to believe, but it’s been almost 9 years since we lost Australian wildlife expert Steve Irwin. His daughter Bindi Irwin has spent the last several years doing
her father’s work and carrying on his legacy, educating the world about wonders of the animal kingdom.

Bindi turned 17 this weekend, and she took this time to remember her dad with just the most lovely and loving tribute.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Baby And French Bulldog Best Friends Are Almost Too Cute To Handle

Cavan Sieczkowski
Senior Editor, News & Analytics, The Huffington Post
Posted: 08/10/2015

Dilan and Farley might not be the same species, but they sure are best friends.

Baby Dilan and French bulldog pup Farley were both born on May 26, 2014. Dilan's mother, Chicago photographer
Ivette Ivens, took this as a sign and brought Farley into the family. The baby and the new pup "instantly" developed
a real friendship, Ivens told The Huffington Post.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Florida Mom Searches for Mystery Child in Heartwarming Photo With Her Disabled Son

By NICOLE PELLETIERE
August 17, 2015
Good Morning America

Florida Mom Searches for Mystery Child in Heartwarming Photo With Her Disabled Son (ABC News)

One mom experienced a touching moment last week when she witnessed an unknown boy interacting with her 18-month-old son,
who is wheelchair-bound, at a local science center.

Now, she's trying to find the identity of the child to express her gratitude for his random act of kindness.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Peyton Manning did something amazing for a woman dying of breast cancer

By: Mike Foss
September 16, 2015 9:41 am

Kari Barnett Bollig has Stage 4 breast cancer, which has spread throughout Kari’s bones and into her lungs. She isn’t sure how long she has
to live. Her story, told by her friend Dana Hunsinger Benbow of the Indianapolis Star, details a letter she sent to Denver Broncos quarterback
Peyton Manning and his heartfelt gesture:

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Saving Sea Otter 696

Link

Link

Link