Honolulu named the city with the worst traffic in America

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Desert Isle
Play Maker
Play Maker
MLB: Diamondbacks
NBA: Suns
NFL: Cardinals

Honolulu named the city with the worst traffic in America

Post by Desert Isle »

I was surprised to see this. Is it as bad for you guys on O'ahu as this study claims?

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-worst-t ... geles.html

I used to live in L.A. so I know all about the traffic there. Is Honolulu really worse?

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Re: Honolulu named the city with the worst traffic in Americ

Post by GARRISON »

I haven't been on Oahu for YEARS (I live on Maui) - But friends that I know that moved from Oahu and visit family every now and again all have a comment about the traffic and it's never good. I'm not bagging on Oahu as I spent my highschool years there - just stating an observation.
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I moved to Maui also, in the early 90's. At the time, my brother was driving me around and said, "Hey, guess what this is?!" We were traveling down the mountain doing 50mph on a beautiful morning. I shrugged...and he said, "This is RUSH hour! They really hate this over here!" We both had a good laugh at that. My memories of traffic in Honolulu during the 80's and 90's were really awful. I can only imagine that its only gotten worse.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I live on Oahu, on the Windward side. I never venture into Honolulu unless it's evening, I'm travelling opposite of the heavy traffic or I have no other choice. During the summers and school and State holidays it is manageable and bearable, but other than that, it's like driving through the heart of Manhattan at lunch hour.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

i live in Germany now and it's night and day in terms of traffic. The difference is that when it's bad here in Germany, it's real bad. Usually it takes me 30 minutes to drive a distance that would usually take me over an hour in Hawaii. Of course, I'm flying at 90 - 100 mph in my Honda Hybrid (yes I need to get a faster car).

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Honolulu named the city with the worst traffic in America

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o President TRUMP will be staying in Waikiki this weekend? Holy crap BATMAN....even Superman is going to have a hard time getting around this island! :( :evil:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:57 am :o President TRUMP will be staying in Waikiki this weekend? Holy crap BATMAN....even Superman is going to have a hard time getting around this island! :( :evil:
I was only Fri night and he left by about 6 on Sat morning. Fri night must have been tough.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

If you want really BAD traffic try I-25 between Colorado Springs and Fort Fart (Collins). Now that is bad!!!!!!!!! I double dare ya!!!!!

Sadly it's only going to get worse with the population there exploding. Lots of people are moving there.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I live on the mainland, not far from Mexico. So when your gets stolen, it's going to Mexico and then disappear forever. When cars get stolen on Oahu, where does it go? The island is only so big, no? Ok, chop shop. Again, the island is only so big, and shipping car parts is expensive. I assume there has to be $$$ involved. But I don't get how it could be profitable or how they can get away with it? Somebody got to know something.

When I lived there 20+ years ago. If you talk to someone long enough, they know someone you know, went to the same high school, or hang out with your cousin. Oh, and actually is your cousin.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

If you haven't been stuck in the traffic from Honolulu to any direction on the west side during afternoon rush hour traffic, you haven't been in any real traffic. Starts picking up heavily around 2:30 pm, bumper to bumper by Aloha Stadium around 3:00 pm. As the afternoon progresses the jam backs up to Red Hill on the Moanalua Freeway and to the airport on H1. And that's just the normal traffic for this time of day. You really don't want to be there whenever there is a stall, accident, or during drizzles and light showers because you will be even further back into town. Does not normally start to clear in the Aiea area until after 6:30 pm or later. Another problem that adds to the slow traffic is that the setting sun is in your eyes most of the way. Then also add in the blind drop after Pearl Ridge as you cross into Pearl City. Many accidents on this drop (like the Sky Slide!).
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:25 pm If you haven't been stuck in the traffic from Honolulu to any direction on the west side during afternoon rush hour traffic, you haven't been in any real traffic......
:o This weekend DOT is closing some of the lanes on the H1 for repair work.....traffic will be a mess! :(
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden