*** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm
Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 am :D The full list of nominations for the Hall of Fame class of 2018 also include Rage Against The Machine, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush,
the Cars, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, MC5, the Meters, the Moody Blues, Bon Jovi, AND JUDAS PRIEST!!! WaHOOOOO...it's about time! :hello1:

Judas Priest won't get in.. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Who do you think will get in?
I would say that Depeche Mode, Eurythmics, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, the Moody Blues (WAY overdue) would be hard pressed not to get in..
Kate Bush, the Cars, Dire Straits, MC5, the Meters, Bon Jovi will wait (50/50)until it's their turn...Rage Against The Machine AND JUDAS PRIEST are NO WAYYYY getting in?!! :lol: [-X :roll:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:( very sad to say, and I'm surprised no one posted the passing of the legendary ax man(rhythm guitarist) Malcolm Young (older brother of Angus) of ACDC..... :cry: His replacement is his nephew Steve Young (no, not the former 49er QB- :lol: )....
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 am
Irse wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm
Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 am :D The full list of nominations for the Hall of Fame class of 2018 also include Rage Against The Machine, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush,
the Cars, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, MC5, the Meters, the Moody Blues, Bon Jovi, AND JUDAS PRIEST!!! WaHOOOOO...it's about time! :hello1:

Judas Priest won't get in.. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Who do you think will get in?
I would say that Depeche Mode, Eurythmics, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, the Moody Blues (WAY overdue) would be hard pressed not to get in..
Kate Bush, the Cars, Dire Straits, MC5, the Meters, Bon Jovi will wait (50/50)until it's their turn...Rage Against The Machine AND JUDAS PRIEST are NO WAYYYY getting in?!! :lol: [-X :roll:
:D And the winners are Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, and Nina Simone are the 2018 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!! I like this class of inductees, and I was right about Rage Against The Machine AND JUDAS PRIEST :lol: :lol: ...I'm very surprised that LL Cool J and the Eurythmics didn't get in....their social and album sales impact in the industry has been noted.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 am
:D And the winners are Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, and Nina Simone are the 2018 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!! I like this class of inductees, and I was right about Rage Against The Machine AND JUDAS PRIEST :lol: :lol: ...I'm very surprised that LL Cool J and the Eurythmics didn't get in....their social and album sales impact in the industry has been noted.
The event took place (April 14) in Cleveland....HBO will televise on May 5th,and from what I've heard...sounds like a party! \:D/ :hello1:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 am The event took place (April 14) in Cleveland....HBO will televise on May 5th,and from what I've heard...sounds like a party! \:D/ :hello1:
WOW! :hello1: If you have HBO or I believe you can stream it from the R&RHF page it's worth seeing...The show opened up with the KILLER's singing Tom Petty's "American Girl" upon which Brandon Flowers (lead singer) went into a video homage to the CARs, which he had the privileged to induct into the Hall of Fame. The CARs (minus bass player and vocalist Ben Orr) played 3 songs with "Just what I needed" to "MY best friend's girl friend" to "You might think".... Elliot Easton, who plays the guitar left handed, can shred like no other, and the band looked and sounded great! Ben Orr who's a Cleveland native passed away a few years ago from Kidney or liver cancer, was remembered. The piece meal of the members of Dire Strait too the stage who didn't play. Nina Simone was honored next, and then it was time for the Moody Blues. They sang "Tuesday Afternoon" leading into "Nights in white satin", and these guys looked like their into their 80s can still ROCK! Ann Wilson of Heart inducted them. And the night conclude with Howard Stern :o , yes the Howard Stern giving one of the most memorable induction speeches for BON JOVI :o :lol: :oops: :roll: .....It was a great show, and Richie Sambora (minus Heather Locklear) with his daughter :-$ joined the stage with the rest of the original members of the band....they open with "You give Love a bad name", and they brought the HOUSE down with "Living on a Prayer".....awesome show! :-({|= :D

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I enjoyed this years induction ceremony... lots of good music
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

dakineguy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 am I enjoyed this years induction ceremony... lots of good music
:D I watched it again, and you're right about a lots of good music.