*** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
CruelSun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

*** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Post by CruelSun »

Congratulations to Neil Diamond for finally to be inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame on March 14, 2011.
http://rockhall.com/inductees/

He is one of my favarite singer/songwrite and was became a fan when I first bought his Taproot Manuscript and Hot August Night album in while at UH in the early 70s.

i remember listening with headphones on and album over in front of me, the below beginning of his Hot August Night LP. For me this is still one of the best live album ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkWSaxEEVk

kf2.0
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Neil Diamond - to be inducted into RRHOF

Post by kf2.0 »

post deleted
Last edited by kf2.0 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

CruelSun wrote:Congratulations to Neil Diamond for finally to be inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame on March 14, 2011.

He is one of my favarite singer/songwrite and was became a fan when I first bought his Taproot Manuscript and Hot August Night album in while at UH in the early 70s.

i remember listening with headphones on and album over in front of me, the below beginning of his Hot August Night LP. For me this is still one of the best live album ever.
:D One person's opinion is another person's arguement.....I won't disagree with Neil Diamond's induction to the R&RHoF, because it is well deserved :hello1: although there are many other artists that should be there already that are not is another topic......but,IMHO the best recorded live album of all time is FRAMPTON comes alive.....the numbers are the proof....Kiss ALIVE also one of the best selling LIVE albums as well..but if your cup of tea is SWEET Caroline, than there's no point to this... :lol: :lol: By the way.....I have no desiree to go to Cleveland to visit this HALL of SHAM :roll: [-X :- :P
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

I think Neil Diamond qualifies as a rock-n-roller - he's from that era - he's "got the way to move you, Cherry!"

Madonna? I don't think so.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Haynr8dr wrote:I think Neil Diamond qualifies as a rock-n-roller - he's from that era - he's "got the way to move you, Cherry!"

Madonna? I don't think so.
+1 :hello1: ...yet Madonut is in the hall :( [-X ,yet Ann & Nancy Wilson, who can play musical instruments are not in? Criminal :evil: :-?
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

the rock n roll hall of fame isnt just limited to rock. i mena, they have a some jazz and blues guys, and a couple rap artists too.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

\:D/ Heart and RUSH are finally members of the ROCK and ROLL Hall of Fame, with Randy Newman, Quincy Jones, Public Enemy, and they were inducted yesterday that will be televised on HBO....the line up for performances sounds great.....now, DEEP PURPLE needs to be inducted along with the CARs. :read:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

xer 21 wrote:the rock n roll hall of fame isnt just limited to rock. i mena, they have a some jazz and blues guys, and a couple rap artists too.
Then they just call it the music hall of fame
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:hello1: Rush and Heart stole the show! Quincy Jones and Public Enemy was outstanding! This was a great class of inductees......kind of funny that they had a section of "In Memoriam"...and there was Jon Lord of DEEP PURPLE! :wink:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o WOW....it's true....Nirvana, KISS, and Peter Gabriel headline the new inductees to the ROCK and ROLL Hall of Fame class of 2014. :hello1: :hello1:

To be televise on HBO in MAY..... \:D/

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote::o WOW....it's true....Nirvana, KISS, and Peter Gabriel headline the new inductees to the ROCK and ROLL Hall of Fame class of 2014. :hello1: :hello1:

To be televise on HBO in MAY..... \:D/
HBO televised this last night, and I was so bummed that KISS did not perform :cry: .....Bruce Springsteen did induct the E STREET BAND into the Hall of FAME- posthumous for the BIG MAN; Clarence Clemons :( , but their musical performance was fantastic! :hello1: ....CAT STEVENs :bootyshake: aka Islum or what eva is a total jerk! :evil: Who does he think he is? Elvis? :roll: But on the opposite side, is LINDA RONSTANDT! ( she's very ill, and did not attend) Sheryl Crow, Emmy Lou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, and Carrie Underwood paid tribute to Linda's music, and all of them were really great :hello1: But the night belonged to the TRIO who change the musical direction than any other generation that I could remember in such a long time...NIRVAVA. The two surviving members paid tribute to KURT COBAIN with female musicians....JOAN JETT KILLED! She was AWESOME!(She belongs in the HALL) With LORDE, and Annie Clark, that sang and did justice to Cobain's music. Kurt Cobain's mom, sister, and wife-train wreck Courtney Hole :roll: were there to accept NIRVANA's place in the ROCK and ROLL Hall of Fame.....great Class inducted! NOW bring in DEEP PURPLE, and the CARS!!! =; :-({|= :wink:

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Joan Jet was the only one who did a decent cover of Cobain's song in the induction. She needs to be inducted if you ask me
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

dakineguy wrote:Joan Jet was the only one who did a decent cover of Cobain's song in the induction. She needs to be inducted if you ask me
:hello1: Well said dakineguy! JOAN JET just KILLED IT! I have new respect for her ROCK ability!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Styx, Kansas, Foreigner, Boston, Jethro Tull, Yes, molly Hatchet, 38 Special should all be in there.
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote:Styx, Kansas, Foreigner, Boston, Jethro Tull, Yes, molly Hatchet, 38 Special should all be in there.
:read: Jethro Tull definitefly......STYX, KANSAS, and Foreigner are cheap imitations of DEEP PURPLE, so nod to DP before them. Yes, I would say yes they belong, but Molly Hatchet and 38 special? Not before the CARS! :wink: BOSTON doesn't have enough music put out....5 albums? Or is it 4? BOSTON, Don't look Back, and remember the album with AMANDA on it, and the last one?