*** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Neil Diamond - to be inducted into RRHOF

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
gopunahou wrote:One sad thing to report: a band that AIN'T part of the RRHOF, Motorhead, lost its drummer and yesterday, its signature singer, Lemmy. RIP.

It'd be sad if those deaths (especially Lemmy's) convince the RRHOF to put Motorhead in their rightful place in the RRHOF.
:-? While I'll agree that Motorhead belongs....they should be standing in line. It took a very long time for DEEP PURPLE to get in, and I feel IRON MAIDEN is justly due to get in....Lemmy was 70 years old, and he will be remembered ....like the ACE of SPADE! Long live Motorhead! \:D/ :wink:
:read: The more I think about it...there's a great deal of bands I would like to see in the RRHoF, with IRON MAIDEN being my first choice(duh?! :lol: :lol: )...but Anthrax, Megadeath, Slayer, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Foo fighters, Scorpions, and Pantera! \:D/ :roll: :wink:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
gopunahou wrote:One sad thing to report: a band that AIN'T part of the RRHOF, Motorhead, lost its drummer and yesterday, its signature singer, Lemmy. RIP.

It'd be sad if those deaths (especially Lemmy's) convince the RRHOF to put Motorhead in their rightful place in the RRHOF.
:-? While I'll agree that Motorhead belongs....they should be standing in line. It took a very long time for DEEP PURPLE to get in, and I feel IRON MAIDEN is justly due to get in....Lemmy was 70 years old, and he will be remembered ....like the ACE of SPADE! Long live Motorhead! \:D/ :wink:
:read: The more I think about it...there's a great deal of bands I would like to see in the RRHoF, with IRON MAIDEN being my first choice(duh?! :lol: :lol: )...but Anthrax, Megadeath, Slayer, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Foo fighters, Scorpions, and Pantera! \:D/ :roll: :wink:
Judas Priest ain't part of the RRHoF? That's CRIMINAL!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote: Judas Priest ain't part of the RRHoF? That's CRIMINAL!
BREAKING the LAW! BREAKING the LAW! 8) Yes, Judas Priest like my IRON MAIDEN should be in the RRHoF... :( :read: :x
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
gopunahou wrote: Judas Priest ain't part of the RRHoF? That's CRIMINAL!
BREAKING the LAW! BREAKING the LAW! 8) Yes, Judas Priest like my IRON MAIDEN should be in the RRHoF... :( :read: :x
Does the RRHoF hate Iron Maiden? Just asking because some IM fans think so.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote: Does the RRHoF hate Iron Maiden? Just asking because some IM fans think so.
:read: Hate is a strong view from RRHoF...but, I think they have to acknowledge IRON MAIDEN's global reach...I think it's RRHoF "fear of the dark"! :rofl2: :rofl2: :thumbup:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Not in the HOF:
Deep Purple
Chicago
Steve Miller
Cheap Trick
N.W.A
:hello1: :wav: :ghug: NOT anymore! The 2016 CLASS of the ROCK AND ROLL HALL of FAME! Finally! DEEP PURPLE IS IN!! WAHOO good times!! \:D/
The show is on HBO this Saturday April 30th....I'm looking forward to it :waiting: :thumbup:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

The show is on HBO this Saturday April 30th....I'm looking forward to it :waiting: :thumbup:[/quote]

:hello1: If you have HBO, I would recommend watching the 2016 CLASS induction....DEEP PURPLE was a bunch of 60 to 70 year old dudes....that could shred! Man, I was amazed, and yet I felt bad that Jon Lord had passed away. His wife was there to accept the award. NWA speech and bio was interesting....Dr. DRE is DA MAN! :king: :tshirt: Ice CUBE is always vulgar and entertaining :lol: ...it would have been nice to see them play. Steve Miller (not my kind of rocker, just saying :roll: ) is a very good performer, and he knows how to work the crowd. CHICAGO was awesome, but Terry CATH has been dead for over 30 years, and his influence on CHICAGO is still there. :hello1: I loved their show and music. I wish they had played "Only the beginning", but SATURDAY in the PARK" &" 25 to 6 to 4" is still great songs to hear. :hello1: :ghug: ANd then...there was CHEAP TRICK. Seasoned rockers. They're known for their live performances. Recorded albums do them no justice. :read: They brought their A game, and rock the house! They closed the show with "AINT THAT A SHAME" ( a song about Wyoming :rofl2: )

But the end of the telecast was a tribute to PRINCE who played the lead in " STEEL my guitar gently weeps" with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, BB King....the greatest guitar solo that I've ever heard or seen. :wav:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

\:D/ It was great to see the LED ZEPPLIN lawsuit was resolved.....STAIRWAY to HEAVEN is an ICONIC song of the 70s... :read: :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Yes and Journey are among the nominees. :hello1:
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote:Yes and Journey are among the nominees. :hello1:
:hello1: Journey and Pearl Jam are in the R&RHoF....NO to YES :lol: :lol:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:47 pm
Irse wrote:Yes and Journey are among the nominees. :hello1:
:hello1: Journey and Pearl Jam are in the R&RHoF....NO to YES :lol: :lol:
:o I guess I have to reconsider....YES is in the Rock and Roll Hall of FAME...and the event is on HBO this Saturday, April 29, 2017.....should be a great show \:D/

Irse

Post by Irse »

Too bad I don't have HBO
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 am Too bad I don't have HBO
:wink: what a shame....you missed a great show! It started out with ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA with just Jeff Lynne (he is the BAND! :lol: ) intro by Dhani Harrison (yes, the late George Harrison son), and Evil woman to Mr. Blue SKY were performed. Killer! 8) Joan Baez and Nile Rodgers with Snoop Dogg inducting the great TUPAC SHAKUR to the Hall....( :( sad that they couldn't have Biggie smalls inducted at the same time) ... :roll: Then the show got HOT with Geddy Lee of RUSH playing with the last surviving members of YES to the song of ROUNDABOUT...Rick Wakeman is still the greatest Keyboardist in the rock and roll history. :hello1: Journey followed with Steve Perry on stage with all of the members (Schon, Vallory, Smith, Cain, Rollie)...and sad to say...Perry can't sing anymore. You can tell by his voice inflection. Arnel Pineda took the stage with the Band, and they brought the house down with Don't stop believing.....the show ended with Eddie Vedder and PEARL JAM ( :o are they that old? Holy crap...25+ years in the business)intro by David letterman( very funny stuff :lol: :lol: ).

But the best part of the show was Lenny Kravtiz tribute to PRINCE.....Lenny is a true ROCKER! Killed it with is rendition of Dove's cry..... :hello1: \:D/

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:D The full list of nominations for the Hall of Fame class of 2018 also include Rage Against The Machine, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush,
the Cars, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, MC5, the Meters, the Moody Blues, Bon Jovi, AND JUDAS PRIEST!!! WaHOOOOO...it's about time! :hello1:

Judas Priest won't get in.. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Irse

Post by Irse »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 am :D The full list of nominations for the Hall of Fame class of 2018 also include Rage Against The Machine, Depeche Mode, Kate Bush,
the Cars, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, MC5, the Meters, the Moody Blues, Bon Jovi, AND JUDAS PRIEST!!! WaHOOOOO...it's about time! :hello1:

Judas Priest won't get in.. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Who do you think will get in?
ImageImage