The Walking Dead (AMC)

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Season Premiere Director Gwyneth Horder-Payton

The director of The Walking Dead's Season 2 premiere talks about her affinity for horror, old-lady zombies, and her most memorable moment on The Walking Dead set. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

Q: We've heard a lot about a highway snarled with traffic. What was it like to choreograph that?

A: It was a challenge. There were so many vignettes within the pileup -- all these connected bits, people under the cars who had to see certain people under other cars. I already had a plan -- and then we did a model -- but then to do it on the site, you still have to make sure you could get under the cars and pick the right cars to get under. You can't get under most cars, so it was like a combination of suburban soccer mom cars and redneck trucks.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Video - First Look at The Walking Dead Season 2 Now Online

Did you miss the first look at The Walking Dead Season 2 that aired during Breaking Bad's Season Premiere Sunday night? Don't worry! The scene is now available in its entirety on AMCtv.com. Watch this sneak peek video now to see how Rick Grimes deals with the undead in Season 2.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd

Gale Anne Hurd, The Walking Dead's Executive Producer, discusses the love triangle with Rick, Lori and Shane, Daryl Dixon's unique appeals, and the possibility of playing a zombie in Season 2. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

Q: What's the production been like so far?

A: It has been pedal to the metal. We had the zombie invasion, the herd on the highway... It was certainly as big, if not bigger, than anything we had in the first season. It's interesting, though, because now that people are aware of the show, we do have visitors. Sometimes they're in helicopters for the local TV stations. Sometimes they're fans that show up at five o'clock in the morning waiting for us to arrive.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Video - Highlights From The Walking Dead Comic-Con Panel

So, you didn't make it to San Diego Comic-Con this year. There's always next year, right? Until then, this video is a great way to experience the most buzzed-about event of this year's Con: The Walking Dead panel. Check out AMC's highlights reel which spotlights the cast and crew discussing the ups and downs of doing stunt-work and the realities of bodily tick-sweeps.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Director Ernest Dickerson Returns for Season 2

Ernest Dickerson, the director for Episodes 2 and 3 of Season 2, shares his secret for surviving the wilds of rural Georgia, explains what The Walking Dead has in common with The Wild Bunch and describes trying to outdo Season 1's guts. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

Q: What was the inspiration to direct two episodes back-to-back for Season 2?

A: It was the set of the highway, which was going to be common to both episodes. So we felt it would be better to shoot all of that for Episodes 2 and 3 at one time because that was going to be the last time that the government was going to let us block off the road. Artistically, it was better to keep it all together. So part of the day I would be shooting Episode 2 and the other part I would be shooting scenes from Episode 3. It got kinda crazy juggling both episodes but it seemed to work. These shows are always fun to do -- they're just difficult. We always had to protect ourselves from ticks and snakes and poison ivy and poison oak and poison sumac along with the weather and uneven ground, all kinds of stuff.

Read more:
Last edited by Kailuaboy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Cinematographer and Director David Boyd

David Boyd, The Walking Dead's Season 1 Cinematographer describes putting on the Director's hat for Season 2 and explains what Hershel's farmhouse has in common with a crocodile. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

Q: Tell us about the episode you'll be directing. What's it like to switch from cinematographer to director?

A: For me it's the same process, same prep, same thought. This'll just have me talking to the actors a bit more. Episode 207 is cool in that we see that Andrea, this girl can shoot, man. And then Lori, she's kept her s--- together through Rick getting wounded and all that stuff, but she's starting to come apart a little bit and by the end of the episode she and Rick put it all out there. As functional as you can be in the apocalypse, these two are going to be equals.

Read more:
Last edited by Kailuaboy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Four New The Walking Dead Teaser Videos Now Online

Attention fans! AMC has released four new The Walking Dead trailers to give fans a taste of what lies ahead. Watch how the end of the world heralds a new beginning, when you're best advised to not make a sound, and why TV Guide hails the show's "full-throttle suspense." Meanwhile, the final teaser reveals how the Boston Herald is using The Walking Dead to fuel the eternal debate of vampires versus zombies.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Executive Producer Glen Mazzara

The Walking Dead's executive producer and show-runner Glen Mazzara describes turning Rick into a bad guy, explains what The Walking Dead has in common with police dramas and shares the Number 1 rule for writing horror. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

Q: How did your family react to the news you'd been named The Walking Dead's show-runner?

A: A lot of people are lining up to be zombies. I actually brought my sons over to Greg Nicotero's workshop, and part of me is I want to be made a zombie too. So maybe that will be a cameo some day, I don't know. My son seemed to have a lot of unique ways to kill zombies. None that I really am interested in putting on TV, but that's a big topic of conversation at the dinner table.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

A Day on the Set of The Walking Dead

This is Part I of AMCtv.com's two-part report from the set of The Walking Dead. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

On a misty morning 40 miles outside of Atlanta, actor Andrew Lincoln, who plays Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead, stands beneath a tent on set. Behind him lies a Victorian farmhouse that will constitute a major setting within the show's second season, but today the action will be taking place in a valley below, where the show's production designer Greg Melton has built a menacing structure of splintered wood and rusted metal that looks like it's been sitting in that spot for 100 years. (In fact, the barn was constructed for the series out of brand-new material.)

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Season 2 Director Michelle MacLaren

The director of an upcoming episode in The Walking Dead Season 2, Michelle MacLaren, describes planning a zombie attack with military precision and why she'd prefer being eaten by ticks over seeing a fake rat. New Dispatches From the Set are released every week throughout the production.

Q: You directed the second episode of Season 1, "Guts." What's it like to go from downtown Atlanta to a rural farm?

A: There's a lot more bugs! And there's ticks! And gnats! And I'm covered in Deet all the time! I loaded up in Los Angeles, and I'm wearing all the bug-sprayed clothing that Amazon.com has been kindly delivering to me. But I would say that the biggest difference is the beauty, really. In the city, it has its own beauty but it has a lot of concrete and it was very hard and very severe: Skyscrapers, hard cement, that kind of thing. And then you come out here and you're in this gorgeous location -- everywhere you look is stunning, and I love the contrast to the horrible zombie world that we're in. So you've got the stark contrast between beauty and post-apocalyptic zombies and death.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Dispatches From the Set - Production Designer Greg Melton

The Walking Dead's production designer Greg Melton explains how to devastate a stretch of Georgia highway, shares what goes into building a barn and explains what all that teaches him about surviving the apocalypse.

Q: In Season 1, you created a devastated downtown Atlanta. For Season 2, you got a stretch of devastated highway. How did they compare?

A: They were pretty similar, actually as far as getting them organized, and doing your homework and getting the blocking and positioning of things that need to happen as the scene unfolds. We got really great cooperation down here from the Georgia Department of Transportation to shut down a big four-lane highway, which was the biggest thing -- we needed something major. Once we had that, it was just a matter of trying to figure out how many cars would tell the story. I think at one point, on our biggest day, we put almost 200 vehicles into that set, which was over a quarter of a mile long.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Walking Dead Webisodes Now Online

In The Walking Dead's Season 1 episode "Days Gone Bye," sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes encounters a badly decayed female walker lying beside a bicycle in a park. Later, he returns to mercifully shoot the walker in the head. Who was this woman? How did she become a walker? AMCtv.com presents The Walking Dead: Torn Apart, a six-episode web series that explores the back story of Hannah, better known as "Bicycle Girl." Watch all six episodes now, and learn about Hannah's life before the apocalypse, her struggle to survive and protect her family and her ultimate demise into zombie-hood.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Q&A - Jon Bernthal (Shane Walsh)

The actor who plays Shane Walsh, Jon Bernthal, describes the various mannerisms that make Shane unique and dishes on which survivor he would most want by his side in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Q: I didn't think this was possible, but the walkers have gotten even more terrifying this year.

A: Greg Nicotero is the best in the business, we all know that. Last year he blew all of our minds by turning gruesome vulgarity into beautiful art. What I'm seeing this season is that there's a specificity with each zombie. You can actually tell who they were before they got infected and how they got infected and where they were bit. I think that's really what we're trying to do with the show: nothing is taken for granted.

Read more:
Last edited by Kailuaboy on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Bennie61
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bennie61 »

I watched whole series from the beginning.
Midseason Fianle Premieres will be on tv later tonight!
I love the zombies how they look and show blood and gores.
They look amazing, crazy happenings and can't wait to see what's next.
I rate it 9 - the reason, they has best story happenings and make it more interesting to see what's going on next series. I would love to see more zombies in the few parts.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Ten Ways to Get Ready for The Walking Dead Midseason Premiere This Sunday

Finally! The Walking Dead's Midseason Premiere airs this Sun., Feb. 12 at 9/8c. Looking for ways to distract yourself until the awaited hour? Here are ten things to do to get ready for Episode 8, "Nebraska."

Read more:
Last edited by Kailuaboy on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage