The Walking Dead (AMC)

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Walking Dead: A Zombie Show with More Heart Than Brains

TV Guide
10/30/2010

If you've seen any zombie film, the flesh-craving creatures of AMC's The Walking Dead aren't exactly novel.

That's not to say that makeup and special effects wizard Gregory Nicotero hasn't seriously outdone himself. Or that being caught on a city block surrounded by hundreds of soulless, hungry ghouls isn't terrifying. It's just that this story is about more than delivering a few scares.

Read more:

===================================================

The Walking Dead - Official Site
Last edited by Kailuaboy on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC) Series Premiere: Halloween Nigh

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Walking Dead Cast Interviews

Posted: 10/28/2010

Video Description: Zombies are set to rise from the dead on Halloween, which is why we sent Blair Butler to the New York Comic-Con to catch up with the cast and producers of AMC's highly anticipated series, 'The Walking Dead.'

Video Link:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Q&A - Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes)

November 1, 2010

The actor who plays The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes describes getting to know Rick's horse Blade (before it was eaten by walkers), and what he'd bring come the zombie apocalypse.

Q: What have you learned about zombies from doing this series that you didn't know before?

A: Quite a lot actually. Well no, I tell a lie. Nothing. Because I'm kind of discovering the world as Rick discovers it and there are no answers. The genius thing about Robert Kirkman's graphic novel is the fact that he doesn't give any explanations. No one really knows what happened. You've only got personal accounts and I think that's the power of it. It's more about what happens now.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

Post by H20 »

Did they only take pictures of this guy pointing his gun?

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Walking Dead Returns This Sunday at 10/9c

November 5, 2010

Last weekend, 11.6 million people tuned in for the first episode of The Walking Dead -- the highest-ever series premiere for AMC, the biggest cable series debut in 2010 and the largest basic-cable premiere for the 18-49 demographic since 2003. In addition, the show was one of the top three telecasts for the week. Don't miss what Vanity Fair is calling "the best new television show of the year," and what the Los Angeles Times is hailing as "the first zombie epic... to rival Gone With the Wind."

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

i missed the first episode but just finished the second one. its a good show. great makeup and effects, real high production value. i think i'll keep watching it.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:i missed the first episode but just finished the second one. its a good show. great makeup and effects, real high production value. i think i'll keep watching it.
If you haven't already done so, click on the Read more link in my previous post. The first episode (and only the first episode) is available on AMC's website.
ImageImageImageImage

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Kailuaboy wrote:
xer 21 wrote:i missed the first episode but just finished the second one. its a good show. great makeup and effects, real high production value. i think i'll keep watching it.
If you haven't already done so, click on the Read more link in my previous post. The first episode (and only the first episode) is available on AMC's website.
yeah, i meant to watch it, but i procrastinated and ended up skipping to the second episode.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

xer 21 wrote:yeah, i meant to watch it, but i procrastinated and ended up skipping to the second episode.
Oh man, you really should make time to watch the first episode. While the second episode is pretty good, you're missing the back story so far and Rick's emotional roller coaster since the outbreak. Also, I've got more questions (and thoughts) after watching the second episode.
ImageImageImageImage

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

That good looking girl from Punahou is in it. You know....the one that played Sarah (doctor) in Prison Break.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Q&A - Steven Yeun (Glenn)

November 8, 2010

The actor discusses the pleasures of receiving a walker back massage, describes the smell of prosthetic intestines and relates the grossest thing he's ever seen.

Q: You worked with The Second City in Chicago. Have you been able to use your improv skills in The Walking Dead?

A: Yes. There are moments where there are no written lines, but there are actions: Glenn and Rick run down the street with zombies chasing them, jump over a fence and get to the other side. You can't just not say nothing while you're being chased by zombies. You have to scream, something. It might not be the most intense improv in terms of making up a whole set of dialogue and back story, but you kind of just speak freely.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

The Walking Dead Catch-up Mini-Marathon Is This Sunday at 8/7c

November 12, 2010

In case you haven't heard, for the last two weeks, the media has been all abuzz about AMC's The Walking Dead. None other than The Wall Street Journal hailed the series as "so good that it has hooked even a zombie hater like me." If you've somehow missed the first two episodes and are feeling out of the loop, now's your chance to catch up: On Sun., Nov. 14 at 8PM | 7C, AMC will re-air the first two episodes of The Walking Dead with limited commercial interruption. The all-new Episode 3 ("Tell It To The Frogs") follows at 10/9c.

http://movies.amctv.com/newsletter/arch ... erm=130317
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Q&A - Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori Grimes)

November 15, 2010

The Walking Dead's leading lady discusses her motivations for keeping an apocalyptic "go bag" on hand, explains why she prefers hiking boots to stilettos and describes the make-up regimen required to make Lori look outdoor chic.

Q: When it was announced that you were playing Lori, did any fans of The Walking Dead comic approach you?

A: Actually, I was in a comic book store in Vancouver and I was looking through for the latest issue that had just come out and the owner of the comic book store came up to me and said, "I see you're checking out The Walking Dead. It's amazing." I said, "Yeah, I'm a huge fan." And he said, "You know they're making a television show for AMC. It's supposed to be really good." I kind of looked at him and I froze. I just went, "I'll keep an eye out for it." And I ran out of the store. I mean, what kind of jerk goes, "Yeah, I'm playing Lori."

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

yeah, i've watched all episodes so far.

they pretty much steal a little bit from all zombie movies.

the first ep. of him waking up in a hospital not knowing what went on... from 28 days later.

the second ep. of him and the group keeping zombies out of a dept store.... dawn of the dead.

the part where the two guys pretend to be zombies to get past the zombies... shawn of the dead.

using the truck to escape the downtown area... dawn of the dead.

nonetheless it is a really good show.