The Walking Dead (AMC)

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Post by eonatoa »

This is definitely my favorite show! Although sometimes I am very disappointed with the progress of the story. E.G. the episode about Rick and the Gov, talking story the whole episode! BOOOORING! I am glad that they have no problem killing people off, even main characters! I also wish we didnt have to wait so long for new episodes. What do I do now that the season is over?

JWarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NFL: Atlanta Falcons

Post by JWarrior »

Read the comic books or watch Revolution on NBC. Very addictive show as well. That show is very much like Jericho was. Different republics cut out of a post apocalyptic United States.
ImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Ten Ways to Get Ready for The Walking Dead Season 4 Premiere This Sunday 9/8c

Finally! The Walking Dead Season Premiere airs this Sun., Oct. 13 at 9/8c on AMC. Here are ten ways to get ready for Episode 1, “30 Days Without an Accident.”

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

Best show on television!

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Is it the production or the premise that makes it so good? Could another show with the same concept be just as good?

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

I think it's the premise that makes it good. Like Game of Thrones, you never know who is going to be the next to die, and deaths of major characters happen every season. I think it feels more "real" in that if it were you and your buddies in real life, there is now way we could all make it alive.
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

GARRISON wrote:I think it's the premise that makes it good. Like Game of Thrones, you never know who is going to be the next to die, and deaths of major characters happen every season. I think it feels more "real" in that if it were you and your buddies in real life, there is now way we could all make it alive.
Yes, i think your right. My next question is, why dont more networks take on the Zombie Apocalypse Genre? If there were 10 different running shows, id still watch all 10. I also would like to see at least one more show open up to start some competition. I really hate that long break in the middle of the season that they always do. If there were a substitution for us viewers, i dont think theyd make that break in fear that theyd lose their audience.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

eonatoa wrote:Yes, i think your right. My next question is, why dont more networks take on the Zombie Apocalypse Genre? If there were 10 different running shows, id still watch all 10. I also would like to see at least one more show open up to start some competition. I really hate that long break in the middle of the season that they always do. If there were a substitution for us viewers, i dont think theyd make that break in fear that theyd lose their audience.
I think the long mid-season or season breaks are common to cable channels. At least that's what I've observed on the SyFy Channel and USA Network. (in addition to AMC)
ImageImageImageImage

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

you really want 10 zombie shows on TV? :o
eonatoa wrote:
GARRISON wrote:I think it's the premise that makes it good. Like Game of Thrones, you never know who is going to be the next to die, and deaths of major characters happen every season. I think it feels more "real" in that if it were you and your buddies in real life, there is now way we could all make it alive.
Yes, i think your right. My next question is, why dont more networks take on the Zombie Apocalypse Genre? If there were 10 different running shows, id still watch all 10. I also would like to see at least one more show open up to start some competition. I really hate that long break in the middle of the season that they always do. If there were a substitution for us viewers, i dont think theyd make that break in fear that theyd lose their audience.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

tavarua88 wrote:you really want 10 zombie shows on TV? :o
eonatoa wrote:
Sure, why not? There are dozens of cop shows....... CSI, NCIS, Mentalist, Blue Bloods, Numbers, HI 5-0, etc. And dozens of hospital shows as well.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Well if not 10, then at least one more. I understand that there have been a few apocalypse-type shows........ Revolution, Falling Skies. But its just not the same without zombies!!!!!!!!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

I hate zombie movies and shows. I want more positive things will get better type shows.

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

eonatoa wrote:
tavarua88 wrote:you really want 10 zombie shows on TV? :o
eonatoa wrote:Yes, i think your right. My next question is, why dont more networks take on the Zombie Apocalypse Genre? If there were 10 different running shows, id still watch all 10. I also would like to see at least one more show open up to start some competition. I really hate that long break in the middle of the season that they always do. If there were a substitution for us viewers, i dont think theyd make that break in fear that theyd lose their audience.
Sure, why not? There are dozens of cop shows....... CSI, NCIS, Mentalist, Blue Bloods, Numbers, HI 5-0, etc. And dozens of hospital shows as well.
I think the argument for all the cop shows are that police procedurals have MANY MANY possible criminals or even state-wide / nation-wide threats to contend with. The criminals can range from murderers, rapists, kidnappers, hit-and-run etc. Zombies just eat people so by the very nature of the antagonist is severely limited. Zombies don't plot, they just are like sharks on land. And in cop shows, you can have an elusive serial killer or terrorist over multi-episode arcs. So I think even 1 or 2 more zombies shows would falter pretty quickly. I do agree that if there were more shows that it would most likely produce better writing though.

Although I'm a fan of Walking Dead, I'm starting to get a little bored with it. Season 2 spent waaaay too much time on that farm doing nothing. Season 3 was better, but I still hold Season 1 in top place. My problem with it lately - Is that is there any scientific answer to why we turn into zombies when we die? Is there even a cure? The only "help" in getting any answers was that CDC guy in Season 1.

I also think cop shows cater to our basic good-vs-evil-we-gotta-catch-the-bad-guy vibe.
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

I have a gotta-kill-me-some-zombies vibe!

I like your take on the police/criminals genre. I agree, the group is getting too comfortable and now that were in season 3, we are so attached to the current characters that the whole "survival" aspect is not as exciting. We already know who will stick around and there is not much new characters being added. The first season was most definitely the best. The were moving around so much and the plot was progressing. Season 2 they wasted at the farm, and season 3 they wasted playing capture the flag with the governor and woodbury. Now it looks like season 4 will be spent at the prison, where they are comfortably safe from most threats except for the common cold. I wanna see more traveling and more of the story of what brought about the apocalypse and if there are any other surviviors. I hate that they make a lot of the other survivors bad people. Yes they have already pointed out that most people are selfish and will only look out for themselves in the apocalypse, but can they please mix it up a little? Can they find Bear Grylles in the forest and have him teach them real survival or something?

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

read the comics, the show is tame in comparison, although the show has fleshed out a few characters that have since departed on the show.
eonatoa wrote:I have a gotta-kill-me-some-zombies vibe!

I like your take on the police/criminals genre. I agree, the group is getting too comfortable and now that were in season 3, we are so attached to the current characters that the whole "survival" aspect is not as exciting. We already know who will stick around and there is not much new characters being added. The first season was most definitely the best. The were moving around so much and the plot was progressing. Season 2 they wasted at the farm, and season 3 they wasted playing capture the flag with the governor and woodbury. Now it looks like season 4 will be spent at the prison, where they are comfortably safe from most threats except for the common cold. I wanna see more traveling and more of the story of what brought about the apocalypse and if there are any other surviviors. I hate that they make a lot of the other survivors bad people. Yes they have already pointed out that most people are selfish and will only look out for themselves in the apocalypse, but can they please mix it up a little? Can they find Bear Grylles in the forest and have him teach them real survival or something?