*** Hawaii Primary Elections Thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Re: *** Hawaii Primary Elections Thread ***

Post by Haynr8dr »

An interesting race to watch in the General will be District 43.

Kymberly Pine, the Republican incumbent, is being challenged by relatively new-comer, Democrat Jason Bradshaw.

This is the first time Bradshaw ran, and he faced off against a regular-runner, Kurt Fevella. Fevella used to chair the Neighborhood board here, which has been in the news lately for the "pilakia" going on at those meetings. The board meetings have been suspended, due to the angst being expressed at these meetings that are spilling out into the road - if you know what I mean.

Here's the deal: Pine has been a great representative to our district, but lately she has become more visible as a representative for the Republican party, presented in news spot advocating those talking points, the most recent one in support of Lingle's decision on civil unions. More than that, she's been sending constituents e-mails to include National party-line towing, advocating for such things as Sarah Palin and the Tea Partiers. I sense this has turned a lot of people off - it has me. I used to contribute to her campaign, but I didn't this year because of that. Ewa Beach isn't exactly the Tea-party type.

Anyone see Palin's latest National commercial? A very professional made commercial, it has snippets of multiple tea-rallies - as if she's already running for President. But if you watch carefully and observe the crowd, you won't find one person of color in any of those crowds. While the snippets roll by very quickly, I think I may have seen 1 Asian, but that's about it. Otherwise, the crowds are overwhelmingly caucasian - not that there's anything wrong with being caucasian - but it's not exactly representative of Ewa Beach, or Hawaii, or the United States for that matter. (It's projected by the year 2020, there will be more citizens that identify with an ethnicity other than caucasian).

In the primary, Fevella's votes added to Pine's votes, are barely more than what relatively unknown Bradshaw got. Either a lot of Republicans crossed-over, or Pine is going to have to hope that Fevella's people will vote for her - and that's not going to happen. Fevella is a nemisis of Pine's. Stay tuned - I smell an upset in which the incumbent will be ousted.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Is it safe to assume that Pine didn't go knocking door to door in the Pupu's? :-

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Sorry if I was miss leading you. I am happy he lost. To me his downfall was he didn't care what we wanted he was going to do what he thought was best for him. He pushed the rail on us the way he thought it should be. Not the way we wanted it. Anyway he seemed pushy about allot of issues along with his supporters. I don't have to worry about him anymore. Unless he runs later on.
Nah, it's all good. At the time, I didn't realize how bad he had lost. I didn't vote for him anyways. It'll be Abercrombie and Aiona battling it out for Governor.

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

uhwarrior23 wrote:Nah, it's all good. At the time, I didn't realize how bad he had lost. I didn't vote for him anyways. It'll be Abercrombie and Aiona battling it out for Governor.
This is just an observation, but it seems to me that it's going to be a cakewalk for Abercrombie. But I may be wrong.
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

GARRISON wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:Nah, it's all good. At the time, I didn't realize how bad he had lost. I didn't vote for him anyways. It'll be Abercrombie and Aiona battling it out for Governor.
This is just an observation, but it seems to me that it's going to be a cakewalk for Abercrombie. But I may be wrong.
+1

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

GARRISON wrote:
:- Yeah....they said the same thing about Jeremy Harris's run for the Governor to....where's he at?

:wink: But if it's CAKE that we are walking for...sign me up! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o Tulsi crushed Mufi? Sounds like a samoan grudge match in cricket? :lol: :lol: O' joy...Masie vs Linda.....joyful, I voted for Ed Case...but I'll give my vote to Masie on cause the Agenda of the republicans is really messed up.... :- :read:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Wow Edge, you dug deep to find this 2 year old thread :lol:

GARRISON
All-American
All-American

Post by GARRISON »

From a production standpoint, Tulsi's commercials were very well done and slick.

I hated Ed Case's campaign cause he would spam all my emails (I have no idea how he got them), but once I registered them as Spam, I still kept on getting them because they changed the who from address.
Check out our latest short The WATCHGUARD

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

GARRISON wrote:From a production standpoint, Tulsi's commercials were very well done and slick.

I hated Ed Case's campaign cause he would spam all my emails (I have no idea how he got them), but once I registered them as Spam, I still kept on getting them because they changed the who from address.
I got 3 robo calls from the same campaign in a 2 hour period. Luckily, there was a live person on the otherside of the line on the 3rd call. I had to tell her straight, starting with removing my number from their calling list. I explained further, that I got the message.

Guess who called me early the next morning? :evil: :evil: :evil:

The irony: I was voting for that person anyway, so ... .

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Haynr8dr »

BigWave96744 wrote:Wow Edge, you dug deep to find this 2 year old thread :lol:
No sh't. :oops:

Pine and I have come a long full circle since that post up there ^. She smoked Bradshaw in that race, and now is trying to unseat Berg from his.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
HawaiianHogster wrote:Mufi lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought for sure Mufi would win! Shocking!
:o Uh.......he lost 41 districts and won 5......wasn't even close. [-X Not much of a shock, since he was really behind in the polls the whole time.......but, now he can concentrate on his Karoke and singing career... :-({|= :-$ :wink:
2 years of Karaoke got him ready for such a time as this... The Mufi Tour, coming to a concert hall near you

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Wow Edge, you dug deep to find this 2 year old thread :lol:
:wink: Funny how 2 years can go by with these threads, and yet...somethings have a very different perspective than what we were posting about...I thought MUFI would have recovered by the lost of the race to Abercrombie, but he got slammed by Tulsi Gabbard in a rac that he was leading early in the polls. Look at Cayetano....I thought he was done as well at 72, he looks like the next mayor of HONOLULU, and I know there's a great deal of money, unions, and rail people against him...and yet, he's in the prime position. Mufi and Ed Case are not in the same boat. Are Mufi and Case done? :- I don't see them in any political office in Hawaii any time soon, but you never know..... :read:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:o The very FIRST election throughout the HISTORY of STATEHOOD...no mo Dan Inouye? :- SO does Abercrombie continues Hawaii's GOVs first PASS to renewal or does DAVID IGE have a real chance? :read: MUFI waiting in the wings as a INDY( :o WOW, bradda knows he no can in the primary with the DEMO HUI! :roll: ) SO does HANABUSA beat the young Pup(who everyone really likes....young and OLD).....I just wanna say:

PLEASE VOTE! OR NO GRUMBLE! OR blame the football team! :lol: :lol:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote::o The very FIRST election throughout the HISTORY of STATEHOOD...no mo Dan Inouye? :- SO does Abercrombie continues Hawaii's GOVs first PASS to renewal or does DAVID IGE have a real chance? :read: MUFI waiting in the wings as a INDY( :o WOW, bradda knows he no can in the primary with the DEMO HUI! :roll: ) SO does HANABUSA beat the young Pup(who everyone really likes....young and OLD).....I just wanna say:

PLEASE VOTE! OR NO GRUMBLE! OR blame the football team! :lol: :lol:
:o IGE crushed the Little troll of a TAXI cab driver! :lol: :lol: Good riddens to the mouth the roars! Now, Oni pa'a your way back to the mainland! :lol: :wink: Clayton Hee lost to Shan Tsutsui, and I thought the "late campaign start' DIDN'T HELP HEE. Morcado Kim lost to Mark TAKAI...and the sista didn't look happy....even sour grapes! :- "SHE"S STEPPING DOWN from SENATE PRESIDENT....." :-? I guess Oh DONNA, OH DONNA, when we need a leader in the state senate....you no like! :-({|=

MEANWHILE: HANABUSA vs SHOLTZ still going! :o This could take 21 days to decide! :read: Hoo da mean this race! PUNA to decide!