*** Hawaii Primary Elections Thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: *** Hawaii Primary Elections Thread ***

Post by EITSwarrior »

I don't really understand the hate for Abrecrombie. I thought he did a good job in getting Hawaii out of the recession. I mean if Lingle could get re-elected then Abrecrombie should've. I don't know much about Ige but best of luck to him with the competitors he's going up against.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

What got me first pissed about him was his 12 grand dog run that made his house "liveable" while he said everyone has to sacrifice because there is a deficit. Plus the other renovations that now made his 10 year old house "habitable." He's one that talks a good talk but then does the opposite. He said he would help UH athletics, he did nothing.

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/-12-482 ... 84#!bBBkhY
ImageImage

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Irse wrote:What got me first pissed about him was his 12 grand dog run that made his house "liveable" while he said everyone has to sacrifice because there is a deficit. Plus the other renovations that now made his 10 year old house "habitable." He's one that talks a good talk but then does the opposite. He said he would help UH athletics, he did nothing.

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/-12-482 ... 84#!bBBkhY
I see your point, but I would consider those minor IMO.

One question I ask myself when someone is up for re-election is, is that city, state or country better off than before he or she took office. And for the most part I consider Hawaii as a whole to be in a better place than before he took office.

As for UH Athletics, I don't know anyone who can help UH Athletics until UH figures out how to stop screwing themselves over with the all the incompetency going on in the upper campus.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

EITSwarrior wrote:I don't really understand the hate for Abrecrombie.....
:read: I mean really? When Neil starts a sentence with "THIS LAND OF ALOHA......" :roll: Auwe! Oni Pa'a his way out of office...and HOW MUCH does he have in the BANK? 4 mil, 5, maybe 6 MILLION? :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
:read: I mean really? When Neil starts a sentence with "THIS LAND OF ALOHA......" :roll: Auwe! Oni Pa'a his way out of office...and HOW MUCH does he have in the BANK? 4 mil, 5, maybe 6 MILLION? :-
OK if he does have that much money so what. Elections should be about trust, policy and record not prejudice.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

EITSwarrior wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
OK if he does have that much money so what. Elections should be about trust, policy and record not prejudice.
Yep. And I don't trust him.
ImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :o IGE crushed the Little troll of a TAXI cab driver! :lol: :lol: Good riddens to the mouth the roars! Now, Oni pa'a your way back to the mainland! :lol: :wink: Clayton Hee lost to Shan Tsutsui, and I thought the "late campaign start' DIDN'T HELP HEE. Morcado Kim lost to Mark TAKAI...and the sista didn't look happy....even sour grapes! :- "SHE"S STEPPING DOWN from SENATE PRESIDENT....." :-? I guess Oh DONNA, OH DONNA, when we need a leader in the state senate....you no like! :-({|=
haha nice review of all those annoying commercials that have been going on the past few weeks. other commercial annoyance, shan's commercials that just say his name over and over and not cover anything he has done or will do as a politician.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

That's fair that you don't trust him. He's a politician, who in their right mind fully trusts a politician. But what irks me is all this backlash I hear is that he's short, he's haole, this and that blah, blah, blah. I mean come on, can we move past that.
I'm not calling out anyone particular here. It's what I hear from social media and overhearing conversations.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote: :o IGE crushed the Little troll of a TAXI cab driver! :lol: :lol: Good riddens to the mouth the roars! Now, Oni pa'a your way back to the mainland! :lol: :wink: Clayton Hee lost to Shan Tsutsui, and I thought the "late campaign start' DIDN'T HELP HEE. Morcado Kim lost to Mark TAKAI...and the sista didn't look happy....even sour grapes! :- "SHE"S STEPPING DOWN from SENATE PRESIDENT....." :-? I guess Oh DONNA, OH DONNA, when we need a leader in the state senate....you no like! :-({|=
haha nice review of all those annoying commercials that have been going on the past few weeks. other commercial annoyance, shan's commercials that just say his name over and over and not cover anything he has done or will do as a politician.
:o Let's also mention the Shan's three girls screamed "DADDY!"......his wife looks very Maui girl.....plus she carries a BAT! :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

EITSwarrior wrote:But what irks me is all this backlash I hear is that he's short, he's haole, this and that blah, blah, blah. I mean come on, can we move past that.
he's been in office for the state of hawaii since the 70's and he's always been short, and he's always been white. it doesn't take 40 years+ for a person to figure either of these things out, and neither is really a game changer, so it's safe to assume he most likely lost because of another reason.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:read: I guess the STATE of Hawaii will stay in line as Democrats...IGE is GOV ( I voted and support him)...Takai is the new congress man (he came to my mother's funeral, so I felt I had to vote for him :roll: )....and I'm scratching my head about all of the MAUI vote talked about the GMO crops vote? =; This not going hurt Maui, but Moloka'i going take GAS, you watch :-

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:read: Deju vs Caudwell looks like it's down the stretch we go......honestly, where's rail gonna go? :roll: [-X :rofl2:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

man, the advertiser's website results is pretty garbage, could not find a place with all the results, you kinda have to guess which wordpress post might have your district's results in it without real numbers behind it. after meandering for several painful minutes, I recalled the days a couple decades ago when I worked election coverage for a newsroom and that old okole url in my memory banks redirects, but still works. for the state's prinout results as pdf, visit: http://elections.hawaii.gov/election-results/

went back to the advertiser looking for this data and after a few tries found the link with the numbers and 1) it's not up to date, and 2) it's about 70 pages worth of names and numbers layed out in a single column, also in a font so large that maybe a single race can show on the screen at a time. still pretty garbage..

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote:man, the advertiser's website results is pretty garbage, could not find .....went back to the advertiser looking for this data and after a few tries found ..... still pretty garbage..
:wink: Oh super cool ubercow...do you really think other websites work like you? :lol: :wink:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote::read: Deju vs Caudwell [-X :rofl2:
Who??????
Ohhhhh Djou vs Caldwell :lol: