*** Official Star Wars thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
BigWave96744

Re: *** Official Star Wars thread ***

Post by BigWave96744 »

Good Stuff on Star Wars.... Keep it coming... I made this the official Star Wars Thread :D

bentofan
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by bentofan »

They lost me when The Clone Wars came out. I thought the script was horrible. Actually, the scripts got worse as it wound down. Having Samuel Jackson and Natalie Portmann, Liam Neissen didn't do them any favors.
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...Rush-"Jacob's Ladder"

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

bentofan wrote:They lost me when The Clone Wars came out. I thought the script was horrible. Actually, the scripts got worse as it wound down. Having Samuel Jackson and Natalie Portmann, Liam Neissen didn't do them any favors.
They lost me with the Phantom Menace. Clone Wars was O.K. but coulda been better. Revenge of the Sith was actually better than I expected.

My biggest beef with the prequels...........Jar-Jar Binks. I know Lucas made him out to be the humor for the little ones but he was ultra BAD!!!!! At least the Ewoks in Jedi served a good purpose. Jar-Jar on the other hand..... :roll: :roll:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

wyokie wrote:
My biggest beef with the prequels...........Jar-Jar Binks. I know Lucas made him out to be the humor for the little ones but he was ultra BAD!!!!! At least the Ewoks in Jedi served a good purpose. Jar-Jar on the other hand..... :roll: :roll:
Reminded you of someone possibly? :-

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote:
wyokie wrote:
Who? Jay Leno?

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Personally if Lucas never made episodes 1-3 I would have been so much happier. Darth Vader was a bad-a$$ badguy in episodes 4-6. The first 3 made him look like some sniveling wimp, regardless what he was to become later in life.

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

wyokie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
wyokie wrote:
Who? Jay Leno?
:o Whatca talking bout Willis! :lol: :lol: [-X J-Rod was really impling Howie Mandell or was it David Spade.....or the shepard from Wyoming? :- :roll: :wink:

Nah, Wyokie....you have more value than 1 Jar-Jar and a dozen or so Ewoks....but you're TOASTED at COM-CON or on the SPORTSHAWAII FORUM ! :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

‘Star Wars’ Films Coming to Blu-ray Next Year

August 14, 2010, 12:00 pm
By DAVE ITZKOFF

Lucasfilm Ltd.

A promotional image announcing the release of a “Star Wars” Blu-ray boxed set.

Though nearly 35 years of “Star Wars” fandom have yielded all kinds of memorabilia inspired by George Lucas’s outer-space epic, including light saber lookalikes and wearable replicas of Princess Leia’s slave costume, one holy grail has lately eluded fans: a video version of the “Star Wars” films that takes the fullest advantage of their top-of-the-line home theater systems.

That’s a Death Star-sized void that Lucasfilm plans to fill shortly. On Saturday, the studio is to announce that it will release all six live-action “Star Wars” features on Blu-ray DVD in fall 2011. A boxed set containing the Blu-ray versions of the movies, spanning from 1977’s “Star Wars” through the final 2005 prequel, “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith,” will mark the first time the films have been offered in a high-definition home format, and will include documentary features and previously unseen footage.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

Kailuaboy wrote:‘Star Wars’ Films Coming to Blu-ray Next Year

August 14, 2010, 12:00 pm
By DAVE ITZKOFF

Lucasfilm Ltd.

A promotional image announcing the release of a “Star Wars” Blu-ray boxed set.

Though nearly 35 years of “Star Wars” fandom have yielded all kinds of memorabilia inspired by George Lucas’s outer-space epic, including light saber lookalikes and wearable replicas of Princess Leia’s slave costume, one holy grail has lately eluded fans: a video version of the “Star Wars” films that takes the fullest advantage of their top-of-the-line home theater systems.

That’s a Death Star-sized void that Lucasfilm plans to fill shortly. On Saturday, the studio is to announce that it will release all six live-action “Star Wars” features on Blu-ray DVD in fall 2011. A boxed set containing the Blu-ray versions of the movies, spanning from 1977’s “Star Wars” through the final 2005 prequel, “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith,” will mark the first time the films have been offered in a high-definition home format, and will include documentary features and previously unseen footage.

Read more:
They show all of the episodes as marathons on Spike at least once a month. Where's the need to buy the Blu-rays. LOL
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Deleted Scene Leads A Slew of Good News for "Star Wars" Fans

by Mike Ryan
August 16, 2010

Amid the hordes of fans dressed in Boba Fett and Darth Maul costumes, there were two big surprises unveiled at the annual Star Wars Celebration in Orlando, Florida this past weekend: All six "Star Wars" films will be released on Blu-ray in the fall of 2011 and, most exciting, a never-before-seen clip of "Return of the Jedi" was screened for fans in attendance.

Nothing, not even three full-length prequels, can motivate joy from "Star Wars" fans quite like any news that concerns the original trilogy of films, and deleted scenes are the Holy Grail. The much-anticipated scene was revealed over the weekend by "Star Wars" creator George Lucas himself during an interview with Jon Stewart. The scene was originally intended to be the segue between the opening scene of "Jedi," which has Darth Vader on the new Death Star, and Luke's rescue mission of Han Solo on Tatooine. The scene features Vader trying to communicate with his son, Luke, through the Force, as Luke ignites his light saber for the first time. Now that this scene has been rescued from the cutting-room floor, we know for sure that Luke had to build his new light saber himself and not just pick one up at a galactic general store.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Missing Star Wars Scene Shows Luke Making His Green Lightsaber

By Kat Hannaford
Aug 16, 2010 04:53 AM

At the same Star Wars Celebration V event in Florida where George Lucas announced the Blu-ray box-set arrival, he also showed off a missing scene from Return of the Jedi, which shows Luke making his lightsaber in a Tatooine cave.

The short clip was cut from the film, so we missed seeing Darth Vader cajoling Luke to join him on the Dark Side, as he tinkers in a dirty cave on Tatooine, constructing his new green lightsaber, after he lost his first one when dueling with Darth Vader.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Posted: 8/23/2010 - 5:30 PM

Video Description: The seventh Star Wars Celebration convention took place in Orlando, Florida and Blair Herter was there to capture all the fun. Watch as he checks out the new collectibles, full scale models and even a quick round of Star Wars speed dating.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

A Rebel Alliance Secret Base

By Jesus Diaz
Sep 12, 2010 09:00 PM

These aren't film frames from The Empire Strikes Back, even while they look exactly like Rebel Alliance's Echo Base, ion cannon included. They are not on the icy surface of planet Hoth, but much nearer .......

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:lol: I thought the comment of "arctic not artic" was really funny....something that ol' poke would do. :roll: :lol: :P
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

A buddy of mine on Facebook posted this on his status line earlier today....
Today I was at the store and I saw a Darth Vader Action Figure. On the box it said "Choking Hazard."