Dashefsky and Ako among TV layoffs

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Dashefsky and Ako among TV layoffs

Post by ubercow »

Here's an article talking about layoffs and the KHNL/KGMB tv news merger:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business/20 ... yoffs.html

Other talent listed in article: Leland Kim, Sharie Shima, Kristine Uyeno, and Zahid Arab.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dashefsky and Ako among TV layoffs

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote:Here's an article talking about layoffs and the KHNL/KGMB tv news merger:

Other talent listed in article: Leland Kim, Sharie Shima, Kristine Uyeno, and Zahid Arab.
:hmm: I feel really bad for some of these professional persons, who's worked I've enjoyed, but if you look at the numbers (ratings)it was very obivous that KGMB personnel were going to get the benefit of the merger, and the KHNL/K5 were on the other side. :( Ratings dictates value to the bottom line as to selling/buying AD time for the consumers. Diane Ako and Sharie Shima were there a VERY long time, and the sands of time has kind of ran out. The TV business in this town is coming to reality....market can not sustain itself. So, this kind of explains why it's a tough business to stay....if Linda Coble couldn't get an on-air job, and who could say that her work wasn't part of local changes in the TV business. I'm curious though, what happens to Stephanie Lum :o ? Her numbers are not bad, but KHNL/K5 has used her in "non-compete" time slots, which I've kind of enjoyed since there are times that I don't "catch" the 6:00 NEWs fight....I hope she stays on air, although I won't be suprise if more layoffs happens......cost will dictate the market. :cry:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I know a part time news caster (name withheld) who was told to work 20 more hours, at the same pay, or be kicked to the curb

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Specifically Dashefsky, that guy knows his stuff and delivers the news professionally. I guess "trust" is the word that best describes how I feel about how he reports.

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

Haynr8dr wrote:Specifically Dashefsky, that guy knows his stuff and delivers the news professionally. I guess "trust" is the word that best describes how I feel about how he reports.
KHON should fire JOE MOORE and get him to work for them...

Ulchiro5ga
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Ulchiro5ga »

They're keeping Stephanie Lum and Mari-Ela ??? Under the new management KGMB/KHNL/K5 wants only the beautiful people...

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Ako and Dashefsky are two of the best newscasters in the state. Very sad....

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Ulchiro5ga wrote:They're keeping Stephanie Lum and Mari-Ela ??? Under the new management KGMB/KHNL/K5 wants only the beautiful people...
:-? ...or maybe, it's comes down to "cheap labor"? I'm not saying their not professional or are not worth their pay....it comes down to the bottom line....ratings and value. [-X
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

i cant believe it

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

Hope they find something else to do. Might have to end up moving if they want to work in the News.