Lego

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Lego

Post by Kailuaboy »

World's Most Expensive Car Is Lego's Most Amazing Car Too

By Jesus Diaz
Apr 7, 2010 12:40 PM

At first sight, this Lego version of the world's most expensive street car—the Bugatti Veyron—looks like just a nice reproduction. And then you see the video, and realize it's actually an RC car with a 7+R sequential gearbox.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Battlestar Rubycon Is More Than Four Nerdy Feet of Lego Goodness

By Jack Loftus
Apr 11, 2010 02:00 PM

The epic space opera battles of Battlestar Galactica may have given way to the subtler, soap opera fare of Caprica, but that doesn't mean we can't revisit the series from time-to-time with a monstrous 4'9" Lego build or two.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Stop-Motion Lego Star Wars Trilogy In Just Two Minutes

By Brian Barrett
May 4, 2010 10:40 PM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0z_TU4G ... r_embedded[/youtube]

Okay, okay, so it's Star Wars Day. I can't think of a better way to celebrate than watching a two-minute version of the original trilogy told entirely with stop-motion Lego. Other than watching it twice.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

I've been eyeing up that Millenium Falcon that's been sitting on the LEGO shelf for awhile. Now that my B-day is coming up, I expressed interest in it. Wifey put the kibosh on that thought. I really want it though. 5100+ pieces.
Hawai'i has the best fighters in the world. F___ that's all we do. --BJ Penn

heres 2 the team w/ fight
All-conference
All-conference

Post by heres 2 the team w/ fight »

kik050 wrote:I've been eyeing up that Millenium Falcon that's been sitting on the LEGO shelf for awhile. Now that my B-day is coming up, I expressed interest in it. Wifey put the kibosh on that thought. I really want it though. 5100+ pieces.
Brah I am right there with you. I've been tugging on my wife ear for a while now. Last christmas a guy was walking out of the Lego store with like 5 or 7 of them. He said it was for his company christmas party. I asked him if they had any openings. :lol:

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

The worker at the store said a father bought the Falcon for his kid but his kid wanted the smaller one, so he returned it to get the smaller version. I think it came with the small walker, and that's what the kid wanted.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

lets just say i'm crazy.....
here's pics of my build.
it took a total of 24 hours (over 2 weekends)
it took me around 2 hours to separate all the pieces out into somewhat managable containers to work with. if you do get this, i'd recommend getting a bunch of the cheap ziploc/glad microwavable/fridge containers in different sizes to handle all the pieces.
I modified it a little to light up the engines. I added a battery powered LED light string and changed out some of the pieces so that it shined thru.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=286542

Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

kik050
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by kik050 »

Dang, that was really cool. I like the LED lights. I thought it would be great for my boy and I to spend a lot of time making it.

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

chawan_cut wrote:lets just say i'm crazy.....
here's pics of my build.
it took a total of 24 hours (over 2 weekends)
it took me around 2 hours to separate all the pieces out into somewhat managable containers to work with. if you do get this, i'd recommend getting a bunch of the cheap ziploc/glad microwavable/fridge containers in different sizes to handle all the pieces.
I modified it a little to light up the engines. I added a battery powered LED light string and changed out some of the pieces so that it shined thru.
Damn!!! That's insane!!! :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Lego Universe pre-orders now available

by Ben Gilbert
{ May 16th 2010 at 11:30AM }

Somehow -- and we don't know how -- pre-orders for Lego Universe kicked off this past Friday and, again, we don't know how, there's no "special edition" that includes some actual Legos. Some of you Legomaniacs may already know, but boxed copies of the upcoming Lego MMO from Netdevil are now available for pre-order at Lego retail outlets, the online shop, the amusement park (Legoland!) and on LegoUniverse.com.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

kik050 wrote:Dang, that was really cool. I like the LED lights. I thought it would be great for my boy and I to spend a lot of time making it.
yup, you guys definitely will have fun. i'm always amazed at the "engineering" that the lego designers do to make these things. crazy. the completed falcon isn't light. there's a ton of internal framework that is built to carry all that weight.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

Lego Arcade Machine Overloads My Nerd Senses

By Jesus Diaz
May 18, 2010 01:20 PM

Behold, my ultimate wet dream: Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Galaxian, Galaga, Zaxxon, Pengo, Frogger, 1942, 1943, Phoenix, Time Pilot, Bomb Jack, Arkanoid, and even Burger Time—48 classic games inside a beautiful Lego arcade cabinet.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

LEGO Fanatics Plan Massive Modern Warfare, Vic Viper Gatherings

By Michael McWhertor
May 19, 2010 08:00 PM

This year's gathering of some of the world's biggest LEGO fans—they call themselves Adult Fans of LEGO—at Brickworld 2010 will combine their brick engineering talents for two major video game themed collaborations, one adorably Call of Duty-themed.

Brickworld 2010 organizers are planning a total of four sci-fi collaboration displays, but two caught our attention.

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Kailuaboy
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Kailuaboy »

100,000 LEGO Bricks Build One Hell of a Robotic Chess Set

By Kyle VanHemert
Jun 12, 2010 07:30 PM

Monster Chess is a big fat "checkmate" to all other do-it-yourself chess sets. The incredible set took a team of 4 over a year to construct, using $30,000 worth of LEGO bricks. And it's even more impressive in action:

Read more:
ImageImageImageImage

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

Kailuaboy wrote:Lego Arcade Machine Overloads My Nerd Senses

By Jesus Diaz
May 18, 2010 01:20 PM

Behold, my ultimate wet dream: Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Galaxian, Galaga, Zaxxon, Pengo, Frogger, 1942, 1943, Phoenix, Time Pilot, Bomb Jack, Arkanoid, and even Burger Time—48 classic games inside a beautiful Lego arcade cabinet.

Read more:
Awesome!
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach