Norm Chow New Los Angeles XFL OC

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BigWave96744

Norm Chow New Los Angeles XFL OC

Post by BigWave96744 »

Now we get to the June vs Norm :D
Norm Chow named offensive coordinator for XFL's LA franchise

Updated: Jun 13, 2019 11:32 AM HST
Former University of Hawaii head football coach Norm Chow will be calling plays in pro football once again.

Chow, was announced as the new offensive coordinator for the XFL's Los Angeles franchise via social media by head coach Winston Moss through the organization's official account.
https://www.khon2.com/sports/local-spor ... 2072366277

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Norm Chow New Los Angeles XFL OC

Post by shrek2 »

I think Norm Chow was always going to be a good OC, not a HC. His best years was with BYU under LaVell Edwards and USC under Pete Carroll. He did seem to recruit NFL potential talent though at UH. He was mediocre at best at UCLA as OC.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Norm Chow New Los Angeles XFL OC

Post by cabanalane »

If Chow never took the UH HC job, history will remember him as one of the best OC in college football. And even with Hawaii history, as the BYU teams that destroyed Hawaii too. The local boy that left, did good, and Hawaii "could not have." IMO, that's how history would remember him IF he did not take the UH job.

Now, I think Chow need to redeem himself. He always said "I've been in this business a long time..." etc. Being fired from UH, he now does have something to prove. Coaches all have an ego. He needs to patch that up.

As a Chow fan, I do think he is a good coach. I do believe in the OG style of run, run blocking left, run blocking right, run it in your face, pass, and run. He should have plenty of big boys to pick from on the mainland. Premium picks.

Is kind of like the saying, I have a 2,400 square ft house on the mainland, so I must be more successful than my brother who is in a 1,300 square feet house in Ewa Beach with no yard. Some guys just do better on the mainland. vs Hawaii. So when you try to compare, you really can't compare.