Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

Post by ubercow »

Dropped by Tuesday's spring practice this week, here's a few photos.
http://www.sportshawaii.com/gallery/ind ... il-16-2019 (45 photos)

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Photos from Spring Practice April 16, 2019

Post by cabanalane »

Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?
nikon d500 and use a 80-200 f2.8 for football

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Thanks for the photos ubercow. Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

ubercow wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am
cabanalane wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 am Nice photos. What camera and length of lens?
F2.8, that's good stuff. So is that D500 body.

I got a D7200, and thinking of upgrading. No real reason, as the camera is great. Hard to find real reasons as I find myself using my camera phone more and more. The DSLR stays home, compare to my film days where I used to carry the SLR (Canon AE1) around.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:46 am
ubercow wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am
F2.8, that's good stuff. So is that D500 body.

I got a D7200, and thinking of upgrading. No real reason, as the camera is great. Hard to find real reasons as I find myself using my camera phone more and more. The DSLR stays home, compare to my film days where I used to carry the SLR (Canon AE1) around.
Unless you're shooting sports or high ISO, there is no reason for upgrading.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.
I'm no QB Expert, but I see what you are saying. I would think that is an example of a good form. I know this may come out the wrong way, but maybe that's why CC is good, and "more better" than his body type show. Some guys got physical gift. Some guys work on good form. And the good form will carry them farther and "overcome" physical limitations.

Just watching him throw the ball last year, he got a good arm. Better than his body type would suggest.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm Every photo I've seen of CC shows that he seems to be using his entire body to throw.
I'm no QB Expert, but I see what you are saying. I would think that is an example of a good form. I know this may come out the wrong way, but maybe that's why CC is good, and "more better" than his body type show. Some guys got physical gift. Some guys work on good form. And the good form will carry them farther and "overcome" physical limitations.

Just watching him throw the ball last year, he got a good arm. Better than his body type would suggest.
It's probably just a couple of photos that I've seen with CC in a full windup which is not really indicative of his effectiveness. I was just thinking of the R&S and how the QB needs to be compact in their throws for short yardage. Bryant Moniz, I thought, was one of the best in getting the ball out quickly.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Good point.

Going off topic. Was that Colt Brennan side arm throwing motion something he learned, or just by chance that's was his style?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Nice pics!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Irse wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 am
cabanalane wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:46 am F2.8, that's good stuff. So is that D500 body.

Unless you're shooting sports or high ISO, there is no reason for upgrading.
agree, and unless you're shooting sports a lot, the 6fps D7200 would do just fine for the occasional sports shoot. camera phones are getting a lot better, but still have quite a bit to go. it really shouldn't be that far in the future where they put a serious lens like they have on compact point and shoots onto a phone.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:53 am
cabanalane wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:17 am

It's probably just a couple of photos that I've seen with CC in a full windup which is not really indicative of his effectiveness. I was just thinking of the R&S and how the QB needs to be compact in their throws for short yardage. Bryant Moniz, I thought, was one of the best in getting the ball out quickly.
As a QB, it's about delivering the ball on time, a catchable ball and getting the ball to the open WR. Good mechanics, a strong arm, etc are important, but not the only thing. T Chang had the best spirals and arm strength, but had accuracy issues. CC was a winner in HS and now @ UH. He will improve over time and has a distinct advantage of those years @ STL playing in the RnS.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: