Another step closer towards a new stadium

Post by honu888 »

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Another step closer towards a new stadium

Post by My3Cats »

No surprise there.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I didn't watch the video, but read the printed story. I don't live in Hawaii anymore but I still pay GE Tax, so I can throw in my 2 cents.

Please don't build it at Ala Wai, that soil is weak. I recall when they build the Naru Tower at Ala Moana, they would pound on pylon and it just drops down like nothihng. So they pound one more and one more. Ok, so that building is still standing, and Waikiki and Kakaako have gone mad with buildings. So I guess that's a non-issue with modern engineering. But still, there a reason by Waikiki is not a pond anymore. If the Ala Wai location is selected, how is the Manoa rain suppose to flow?

Too much construction already, wait, so guys get work later. Finish the Rail first (whatever that means). Other wise, when the Kakaako boom is over, Rail is done, guys not going to get jobs, then do nothing, drugs, crime, etc.

Build it at the current site. At one time, that was far. Stadium was built near nowhere. No one like going Pearlridge cause too far. Now, Halawa is in-town cause still Honolulu

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

bench seating or stadium seating? that is the biggest question.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

It was interesting that UH Manoa was considered to be one of the sites. I can't imagine the campus having the real estate to accommodate even a 35K stadium plus parking. It would have been good for the student section for sure though. Also I believe that the Ala Wai golf course is still the most played on the island so if that was picked for the new stadium that may have upset a lot of people. I'm okay with with it at the current location. And yes I'm curious to see what type of seating will be selected as well. Bench seating will be bad for my okole.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

At the Arizona stadium (UA), the cheap seats are bench, way up high. It's horribly uncomfortable. Not on the okole (for me), but the back. Yes, cost is the boss, but don't do that please.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

Best case scenario is five years. That would be awesome. In a couple of years the staff can use that as a recruiting tool

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Waryor wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm Best case scenario is five years. That would be awesome. In a couple of years the staff can use that as a recruiting tool
You talking the state of Hawaii, where they couldn't even get the softball stadium and Soccer Complex at Ching Field done right and on time.

A new Stadium will complete the trifecta along with the H3 and Rail

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:56 pm
Waryor wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm Best case scenario is five years. That would be awesome. In a couple of years the staff can use that as a recruiting tool
You talking the state of Hawaii, where they couldn't even get the softball stadium and Soccer Complex at Ching Field done right and on time.

A new Stadium will complete the trifecta along with the H3 and Rail
Don't you know, it's going to be on budget and on time. \:D/
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I hate bench seating everywhere and I hope we don't do that. It makes sense for a football-only stadium but if you are going to have concerts there in the future you need bucket seats. Hopefully the bucket seats are bigger/better than those at the Rose Bowl, which was the worst stadium I have ever been to...

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I'm not all that "American" but American size seats please. Some are so small that they no fit. I like my fellow sports fan brothers, but no like sitting so close sometimes.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 am I'm not all that "American" but American size seats please. Some are so small that they no fit. I like my fellow sports fan brothers, but no like sitting so close sometimes.
seems like every "new" stadium is like that now with super tiny seats, which is weird because there are so many husky football fans (myself included!). It is one of the many reasons why i refuse to ever attend anymore NFL games. Aloha Stadium seats are probably the most comfortable I've ever sat in.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

poidog wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:12 am
cabanalane wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 am I'm not all that "American" but American size seats please. Some are so small that they no fit. I like my fellow sports fan brothers, but no like sitting so close sometimes.
seems like every "new" stadium is like that now with super tiny seats, which is weird because there are so many husky football fans (myself included!). It is one of the many reasons why i refuse to ever attend anymore NFL games. Aloha Stadium seats are probably the most comfortable I've ever sat in.
Could they recycle the seats?
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

It's like if they made the seats 95% size, they save $2.98 million dollars, and able to add an extra 547 seats. At $60 per ticket + overpriced hotdogs, that's all winning..