Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Re: Football Offseason is killing me!

Post by Parkpill »

I've talked to players in the past that have said, they try to avoid talking to him.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I think that's true for all sports and news coverage. In the old days, it was all ears when exclusive Reporters got something to say, a scoop. Getting that coverage with Honolulu Advertiser or Star Bulletin does not matter anymore. Kids today don't read newspapers, so they mean nothing to them compare to past generations.

Today's social medial, players control their own press. Or I should say (Player's) Brand. Good or bad, right or wrong, just a change of the times.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Parkpill wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 am I've talked to players in the past that have said, they try to avoid talking to him.
Any reason as to why?
My3Cats wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 am Tsai's reporting has been quite a bit lightweight in recent years. Or has his writing always been this way?
I quess I was noticing the same thing. Lacking anything of interest. One article talked about the concrete finally being put in place on the practice field.

In Tsai's defense, he did this interview.
https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/05/a-c ... tavai.html
Which resulted in this article.
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/4/2 ... awaii-blog

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

shrek2 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:01 pm
Parkpill wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 am I've talked to players in the past that have said, they try to avoid talking to him.
Any reason as to why?

I think it's just that he's always around trying to get the "scoops" (which is his job), but the players sometimes just want to go about their business without being bothered.