Tyson Maeva no longer at Boise St.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Tyson Maeva no longer at Boise St.

Post by Grinch »

Good points by others about the timing of the infraction, and if true, about having already had second chances. However, I’d prefer to give Maeva another chance - not just in football - but to get his life in order. I would’ve done same for Kennedy.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Stealing, Assault, Sex Crimes, DUI are against the law in all 50 states. Smoking weed is not.

Would it make a difference if using it for medicinal purposes? Yes it's against the student code, but so is underage drinking and how many students athletes do this?

This is the kind of things schools will face when their law makers push to legalize pot.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:14 pm Stealing, Assault, Sex Crimes, DUI are against the law in all 50 states. Smoking weed is not.

Would it make a difference if using it for medicinal purposes? Yes it's against the student code, but so is underage drinking and how many students athletes do this?

This is the kind of things schools will face when their law makers push to legalize pot.
Just because it may be legal, doesn't mean the team may not have rules against it's use. Plus it may one of the drugs that the NCAA tests for.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I haven’t heard anything about him wanting to play here?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

RedZone wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:41 pm I haven’t heard anything about him wanting to play here?
That's a good point. He is a mainland kid, so Hawaii does not mean anything to him. Ok he may have family connections from Hawaii, but that does not mean much. I have "family connections" in Germany, China, and somewhere in Polynesia. No plans or desire to go there myself.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:00 am
RedZone wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:41 pm I haven’t heard anything about him wanting to play here?
That's a good point. He is a mainland kid, so Hawaii does not mean anything to him. Ok he may have family connections from Hawaii, but that does not mean much. I have "family connections" in Germany, China, and somewhere in Polynesia. No plans or desire to go there myself.
Hawaii ties could make a difference if a player outside of Hawaii has to restart their career and get back on the right track. Also if a player has to walkon, having ohana can be a big support.

Yes there is no mention of his interest, just posting as a topic for discussion :)