Post by uhwarriors »

I wonder where he's headed to?

https://twitter.com/Alema__Kapoi/status/1090797339239948289

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: DT Alema Kapoi leaving Navy

Post by Irse »

I guess he's going to have to sit out a year unless he's graduating in 3 years. Not sure if UH should offer him. Kind of small at 6-0 268 for a DT
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Irse wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 am I guess he's going to have to sit out a year unless he's graduating in 3 years. Not sure if UH should offer him. Kind of small at 6-0 268 for a DT
I don't know, just asking the question, can you "graduate" from military academy early? I thought all of that ties in with them graduating and being commission officers, first.

Padello 2.0? Maybe he saw how UH's defense can use smaller guys at key moments.

Irse

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:38 am
Irse wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 am I guess he's going to have to sit out a year unless he's graduating in 3 years. Not sure if UH should offer him. Kind of small at 6-0 268 for a DT
I don't know, just asking the question, can you "graduate" from military academy early? I thought all of that ties in with them graduating and being commission officers, first.

Wasn't there a guy from Hawaii who left Navy and went to Notre Dame? A DB or something like that. I forgot his name. I don't know if he grad or had to sit out a year. And I don't know if/when he had to pay back those years by serving. If I can remember his name then maybe can Google and try to figure it out.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I forget his name too, but I believe that he had to sit out a redshirt year. Funny how we forget the names of the players who choose not to stay home and play for UH.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:12 am

Wasn't there a guy from Hawaii who left Navy and went to Notre Dame? A DB or something like that. I forgot his name. I don't know if he grad or had to sit out a year. And I don't know if/when he had to pay back those years by serving. If I can remember his name then maybe can Google and try to figure it out.
Alohi Gilman is the one you're thinking about. He played at Navy as a true freshman, then transferred to Notre Dame. He had to sit out 2017 and played last year.

Irse

Post by Irse »

I wonder if he has to give back a year to the military or only if he would graduate would he have to serve.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

He's more of a L Samuseva 2.0...little undersized DL player who is quick, strong and always around the ball. He would be a solid addition to UH's DL for sure. Guys like him who can beat the player in front of them on the DL makes the lives of the LBs super easy bc they disturb timing of plays, open gaps that help with reading plays, etc.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Depth in the trenches is always good. Bring in any transfers with playing experience they can and build that depth, even it they only have 1-2 years of eligibility left.

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

https://twitter.com/Alema__Kapoi/status/1095822144263544832

Irse

Post by Irse »

ainoa808 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 pm https://twitter.com/Alema__Kapoi/status/1095822144263544832
Awesome
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Last edited by kapakahi on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: DT Alema Kapoi transferring to UH from Navy

Post by st808 »

kapoi has the academics and discipline to play for navy and that's a lot of talent and smarts coming hawaii's way. probably still growing, but i like his size, speed and ball awareness as opposed to just size.

got my ticket renewals ready to go.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UH just upgraded there DL with a disruptive guy who has 3 to play 2. Seems like winning has changed recruit's view of the UH FB team. #stockingupbouncebacks
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

My desire for transfers (both JC and now via the transfer portal) was to help recover from the depth we lost after losing KT, Viane Moala, and Kalepo Naotala. I think we have recovered nicely with Kapoi, Eletise, and the talent acquired via recruiting and development.