Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Rolo Contract - Extension till 2022

Post by cabanalane »

Good, bad, or not enough?

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/01/ ... extension/

Qualifying for two Hawaii Bowls in his first three seasons has earned Hawaii football coach Nick Rolovich a little job security. The former UH quarterback has agreed to a two-year contract extension, athletic director David Matlin announced today.

Rolovich’s contract was set to expire after the 2020 season, but has been extended through 2022. If the Rainbow Warriors qualify for a bowl in 2019 or 2020, another year will be added on, taking the deal through 2023.

“We feel that he has done a great job for the program and the university and we’re glad that he will continue as our football coach. It is really what he has done,” Matlin told the Star-Advertiser.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Rolo gets extension

Post by Irse »

to 2022 with a pay raise. Well deserved.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/01/ ... extension/
ImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Rolo Contract - Extension till 2022

Post by ubercow »

topics merged by date

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

It's a well deserved extension.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Great! I wish it was for longer, but at least Rolo got a well deserved extension!

I'm very very happy AD Matlin was proactive with Rolo's contract, unlike that dude, Herman Frazier, who was reactive.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

About time. Well deserved.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

This will help with recruiting bc prospects can be confident that the coaches will be around during their time @ UH. My hope is that our DC and other assistants stick around as well. Continuity is important for coaches, players and the program. #warriorsrising
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

R&S till 2022.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Glad he got a pay raise too. Was a little embarrassing that some conference foes were paying their coordinators money close to Rolo's previous base salary.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

J-Rod wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 am Glad he got a pay raise too. Was a little embarrassing that some conference foes were paying their coordinators money close to Rolo's previous base salary.
I don't think UH can ever be at the market rate for coaches. To add politics into football, IIRC, it was Sam Sloan that voice his displeasure how UH football HC is the highest paid state employee.

I (we) don't know how Rolo's deal is funded, restricted, unrestricted, foundation, etc. I'm sure other Universities know how to do magical funding. Or maybe UH don't want to be like that.

In the end, no one live in Hawaii because of the pay. That's why this make me think Rolo wants to be in Hawaii. It's not about the money. He is not hungry, and drives a Benz SUV. He works hard, and life is good.

Those that are "money hungry" would have left already.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 am
J-Rod wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 am Glad he got a pay raise too. Was a little embarrassing that some conference foes were paying their coordinators money close to Rolo's previous base salary.
I don't think UH can ever be at the market rate for coaches. To add politics into football, IIRC, it was Sam Sloan that voice his displeasure how UH football HC is the highest paid state employee.

I (we) don't know how Rolo's deal is funded, restricted, unrestricted, foundation, etc. I'm sure other Universities know how to do magical funding. Or maybe UH don't want to be like that.

In the end, no one live in Hawaii because of the pay. That's why this make me think Rolo wants to be in Hawaii. It's not about the money. He is not hungry, and drives a Benz SUV. He works hard, and life is good.

Those that are "money hungry" would have left already.
We on a food stamp budget..no steaks...just ground meat which can be good with right sauce,
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: