Oldest, best forum for Hawaii football

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Oldest, best forum for Hawaii football

Post by UnBiasFan »

Just wanted to give a shout out to those that have run this thing for quite a long time. This forum has stayed classy. No discussion on BC and his private family issue says a lot.

Happy New Year!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Oldest, best forum for Hawaii football

Post by cabanalane »

Who is BC?

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

the name of a radio broadcaster. that being said, there's no need to gossip about anyone's personal life.

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

i agree, i was a member of this board from the beginning. back then I posted as seabow. but over the years, i've been posting more on the WSN board. lately, the WSN board has become trash and a lot less members and a lot less postings.

i am going to be more committed to this board going forward

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

This board has been objective and fair to other posters. Lots of posters have left the other board because of the drama queens, rumor mongering and the lack of respect shown to other posters who don't agree with the majority. If you are in with the in crowd you are ok. If you are not posters turn on you. There is a lot of negativity that I believe has a negative impact on the program. They are quick to turn on the program, coaches, players and posters. They love to say "Fire _____" at the drop of the hat. Very little constructive posts. They know it all.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This forum is meant for people to vent their feelings/thoughts/ideas positive and negative. It is only the level of intelligence in their comments whether positive or negative that makes it a better forum. Discussion is not great if everybody agrees. Then you have to discern the noise from the true value of the post.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Some day internet forums are so Y2K, and everyone is on social media. But I think there is still a place for (discussion) forums.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

The WSN moderators will harass and finally ban you if they don't agree with you. I have seen it, and former posters I've spoken to have confirmed it.
With the SA blog, the posters can't take constructive criticism of the UH sports program unless you're part of their social network i.e. meet them in person (party with them), attend their social gatherings etc.. I've seen the regular (territorial) posters pile-on unsuspecting newbies for giving their opinions on UH sports. They basically run people off.

This is the best forum for UH sports/Hawaii stuff that I've come across. This forum's run in a mature and professional manner, kudos to the site manager.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

stranger808 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:14 pm The WSN moderators will harass and finally ban you if they don't agree with you. I have seen it, and former posters I've spoken to have confirmed it.
With the SA blog, the posters can't take constructive criticism of the UH sports program unless you're part of their social network i.e. meet them in person (party with them), attend their social gatherings etc.. I've seen the regular (territorial) posters pile-on unsuspecting newbies for giving their opinions on UH sports. They basically run people off.

This is the best forum for UH sports/Hawaii stuff that I've come across. This forum's run in a mature and professional manner, kudos to the site manager.
Agreed 1000%

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I used to like when a fan of an opposing team would occasionally join us temporarily if we had a game with them coming up. Doesn't happen as much now that UH isn't as trendy as it used to be, bit I enjoyed that a lot.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

poidog wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:59 pm I used to like when a fan of an opposing team would occasionally join us temporarily if we had a game with them coming up. Doesn't happen as much now that UH isn't as trendy as it used to be, bit I enjoyed that a lot.
Yeah...that died with the WAC. The MWC thinks they are better than us....and to be fair...they had been with Chow in charge.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:34 am Chow in charge.
Don't know why, but that quote reminded be of the late 80s TV show "Charles in Charge."

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:06 am
SundayJam wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:34 am Chow in charge.
Don't know why, but that quote reminded be of the late 80s TV show "Charles in Charge."
lmao
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

poidog wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:59 pm I used to like when a fan of an opposing team would occasionally join us temporarily if we had a game with them coming up. Doesn't happen as much now that UH isn't as trendy as it used to be, bit I enjoyed that a lot.
What am I? Chopped liver? Still pissed we lost to y'all. A win would've given us a bowl invite!!!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:42 pm
What am I? Chopped liver? Still pissed we lost to y'all. A win would've given us a bowl invite!!!

I was waiting for your appearance in this thread. :lol: