Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Ursua leaving

Post by stranger808 »

Makana wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:04 pm Hope he gets invited to the Combine and if he does I hope he hits at least a 4.45 40 time. That and the gauntlet where all eyes will be on Ursua. The QB and WR drills won't matter too much because both the QB and WR are unknown to each other and scouts know that. What will matter is when he runs his routes is he lazy coming outta his breaks and how well he runs an NFL route of course.

If I had to put a grade on Ursua with a 4.45 40, I'd give him a 5th round grade at best.

Good luck to you Ursua, kill it!!!
That sounds about right. Kealoha Pilares ran a 4.42 at the pro day and got selected the first pick of round 5. What may hurt Ursua is age and no tape of him returning punts or kickoffs. The NFL likes players that are multi dementional, they get more bang for the buck for those middle and late rounders. JJ used to help his players by getting some special teams time (returns) for them to make them more draftable.
Last edited by stranger808 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Ursua's age may be a postive thing. When teams throw big dollars to a kid that is 21 years old, bad things can happen. Teams "invest" in players. The maturity factor I think would be a plus. We don't know if his career will be long as Jerry RIce, or like many players, 3-6 years.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

If he doesn’t make in the NFL he would definitely make it in the CFL. Like Chad that league is made for players with the kind of skills that they have.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

stranger808 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:22 am
Makana wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:04 pm Hope he gets invited to the Combine and if he does I hope he hits at least a 4.45 40 time. That and the gauntlet where all eyes will be on Ursua. The QB and WR drills won't matter too much because both the QB and WR are unknown to each other and scouts know that. What will matter is when he runs his routes is he lazy coming outta his breaks and how well he runs an NFL route of course.

If I had to put a grade on Ursua with a 4.45 40, I'd give him a 5th round grade at best.

Good luck to you Ursua, kill it!!!
That sounds about right. Kealoha Pilares ran a 4.42 at the pro day and got selected the first pick of round 5. What may hurt Ursua is age and no tape of him returning punts or kickoffs. The NFL likes players that are multi dementional, they get more bang for the buck for those middle and late rounders. JJ used to help his players by getting some special teams time (returns) for them to make them more draftable.
The thing with Pilares though like I said, he got invited to the NFL Combine. Getting invited to the Combine immediately puts you on the radar to be drafted. Also Pilares weighed almost 200 pounds and had good speed, hopefully Ursua can add weight and not lose too much speed.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum