Post Hawaii Bowl Game Thoughts?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Post Hawaii Bowl Game Thoughts?

Post by st808 »

eight long months.

thank goodness there's spring and summer practice.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

st808 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:38 pm eight long months.

thank goodness there's spring and summer practice.
Next up is the normal signing day? February? and Spring ball in April?
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Hawaii had a solid season. Graduated from being bad to good, but are far from great. That said, next season's team could improve and still win fewer games than the 2018 team did. Schedule is MUCH tougher.

Rolo has dug us out of the Chow mess, but I suspect we're still a long way from joining the top tier of the Mountain West. Can't complain too much considering most coordinators make more money than the UH head coach makes.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Just watching post season games and how effectively other teams use their RBs in the passing game. One commentator stated that some teams use their backs in the passing game as a big part of their running game. It gets RBs in space and on the edge one-on-one with LBs and DEs. It slows down pass rushes, it gives the QB a safety valve, it protects the QB with less sacks, it forces DBs to support the RB pass and opens up receivers.

They also stated that it is better to have a smaller RB that can catch out of the backfield then trying to block a blitzing LB or a much bigger DE or DL. They are being manhandled and taking a punishing. I'd rather see a QB and receiver recognize a blitz and have a quick completion to a receiver or a quick throw to a RB then see a DE punish a RB and still get a sack on a QB.

Dale was effective as a back out of the backfield on passes. Rarely used. I believe Augafa would have been productive. He catches well and could have used his quickness against DBs. Are we saying we don't have backs that can run a swing pass route and catch?

To beat 8 man coverage you have to force LBs, DEs and DBs to cover an RB. This has to be a part of our O in 2019. If it isn't we will have the same problems.There are a lot of options that will e created for the O. Run receivers deep on one side of the field, fake a quick pass to the other side to drawn the D and pass it back to the side vacated by LBs and DBs to an RB. Teams won't expect it because we never do it.

That recruit from Cal who was a RB and played receiver would be ideal. Put our RBs on the ball machine.

That's my wish for the New Year.

I am still not sold on this coaching staff. This isn't an OC issue. That's why you have a HC. The HC is called a Head Coach for a reason.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

TheDuke wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:10 am Just watching post season games and how effectively other teams use their RBs in the passing game. One commentator stated that some teams use their backs in the passing game as a big part of their running game. It gets RBs in space and on the edge one-on-one with LBs and DEs. It slows down pass rushes, it gives the QB a safety valve, it protects the QB with less sacks, it forces DBs to support the RB pass and opens up receivers.

They also stated that it is better to have a smaller RB that can catch out of the backfield then trying to block a blitzing LB or a much bigger DE or DL. They are being manhandled and taking a punishing. I'd rather see a QB and receiver recognize a blitz and have a quick completion to a receiver or a quick throw to a RB then see a DE punish a RB and still get a sack on a QB.

Dale was effective as a back out of the backfield on passes. Rarely used. I believe Augafa would have been productive. He catches well and could have used his quickness against DBs. Are we saying we don't have backs that can run a swing pass route and catch?

To beat 8 man coverage you have to force LBs, DEs and DBs to cover an RB. This has to be a part of our O in 2019. If it isn't we will have the same problems.There are a lot of options that will e created for the O. Run receivers deep on one side of the field, fake a quick pass to the other side to drawn the D and pass it back to the side vacated by LBs and DBs to an RB. Teams won't expect it because we never do it.

That recruit from Cal who was a RB and played receiver would be ideal. Put our RBs on the ball machine.

That's my wish for the New Year.

I am still not sold on this coaching staff. This isn't an OC issue. That's why you have a HC. The HC is called a Head Coach for a reason.
I’ve been calling for passes to the RB for awhile. Our coaches don’t have the creativity to spread the ball around. The new transfer WR Stoval is possibly a good one to move to RB to catch those passes out of the backfield.
In addition, we don’t utilize Cole’s legs, the dude runs a 10.8 100. Sprint him out, right or left, let him make his read, no one open, RUN! Imagine how that would open up our offense?
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

You guys summed it up great.