St. Louis OL Arasi Mose (6-4, 350) Signs LOI

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

St. Louis OL Arasi Mose (6-4, 350) Signs LOI

Post by Irse »

Arasi Mose committed. Great get. Can't wait till Wed.
ImageImage

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: St. Louis OL commits

Post by couz808 »

Irse wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:30 am Arasi Mose committed. Great get. Can't wait till Wed.
USC was trying to recruit him hard. Good commit. Can never have enough lineman.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

This is a "big" commitment in so many ways! 6-4, 350. One of the best OL in the State. Turned down USC.

https://twitter.com/a_mose77/status/1074719701387735040
“Since I was a little kid, I always wanted to play for UH,” Mose said.

Mose held firm to the Rainbow Warriors, despite a scholarship offer — and late push — from USC.

“My heart was still with UH,” Mose said. “I wanted to go to UH with their run-and-shoot program.”

Mose will be reunited with former Saint Louis players Chevan Cordeiro and Jonah Panoke. Cordeiro is a UH quarterback. Panoke, a receiver, gray-shirted this semester and will join the Warriors in January.

“Chevan always influenced me to come and block for him at UH,” Mose said. Playing on the 2017 state championship team with Cordeiro, Mose said, “was very fun” — and exhausting. “He just ran around too much.” Mose mused.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/12/1 ... its-to-uh/

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AuMWX

https://247sports.com/Player/Arasi-Mose-46054044/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Great news!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Re: St. Louis OL Arasi Mose (6-4, 350) commits

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Good feet, but needs to lose 20+ lbs. Will likely be a C or OG. Also, has a nasty streak. Glad to get a stud from the Lou. #tideisturning4warriors
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Yay. Pride rock. This is what we need. The more the better.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

What is that line... "Build it and they will come..." Everybody wants to be on a winner especially in paradise. Glad he turned out USC for UH's sake and his. Hope his journey takes him the same route as Samson Satele if he chooses so.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Wow awesome 👏 does he play D as well?

uhwarriors

Re: St. Louis OL Arasi Mose (6-4, 350) Signs LOI

Post by uhwarriors »

https://twitter.com/HawaiiFootball/status/1075456467321450498

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Can we convert him to DL? We really have no size at DT, and he has perfect size to play DT at 6’5” 345 lb’s

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

ulua wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:18 pm Can we convert him to DL? We really have no size at DT, and he has perfect size to play DT at 6’5” 345 lb’s
No, he doesn't have the quick feet or explosiveness needed for DL. You don't need to be huge, just need explosiveness, strong hands and good leverage. Just ask Warren Saap or John Randle or Niko Noga.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:09 pm
ulua wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:18 pm Can we convert him to DL? We really have no size at DT, and he has perfect size to play DT at 6’5” 345 lb’s
No, he doesn't have the quick feet or explosiveness needed for DL. You don't need to be huge, just need explosiveness, strong hands and good leverage. Just ask Warren Saap or John Randle or Niko Noga.
+1
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

How do these HS kids get so heavy? I remember bring another quarter to school because I wanted to eat two school lunches. And I was 140lbs as a Sr. Yes, I understand it's the Poly genes.

Will D1 football slim them down a bit? Or sometimes, it can go the other way. I recall reading an article about 2 (?) college football guards had to give up football because it was unhealty for them to continue. The team doctor didn't say that, their person doctors did, as they had heart troubles. IIRC, it was work to keep that weight at, like they had to eat like 4 pizzas to keep up the weight. I believe they were like 320 or 330lbs.
Last edited by cabanalane on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kanakamaoli54
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kanakamaoli54 »

Probably gonna red shirt him. Bradah gotta lose some weight and get quicker.
personally I dont like his footwork.

I've gone to Brian Derby camp since elementary all the way to college.

Bradah gotta get quicker

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:29 am How do these HS kids get so heavy? I remember bring another quarter to school because I wanted to eat two school lunches. And I was 140lbs as a Sr. Yes, I understand it's the Poly genes.

Will D1 football slim them down a bit? Or sometimes, it can go the other way. I recall reading an article about 2 (?) college football guards had to give up football because it was unhealty for them to continue. The team doctor didn't say that, their person doctors did, as they had heart troubles. IIRC, it was work to keep that weight at, like they had to eat like 4 pizzas to keep up the weight. I believe they were like 320 or 330lbs.
It's easy to get fat. I can give you tips if you like. I'm a pro. lol

Nah, for reals though, it's not hard to get fat. Eat local food, rice, Mac salad with every meal. Sushi, mochi, saimin, Ube rolls etc.. I went to HS in the 80s and my friends were 6'2" 320, 5'11" 275, 265... all in the 9th and 10th grade.

I believe college will trim down the fat (they will be put on a diet, to trim fat and gain muscle), and they will gain muscle, so the weight will be more muscle than fat. A lot of former college and pro players slim way down after their playing days to help their heart last longer. Take a look at Mike Golic Sr and Jr from the ESPN radio talk show Golic and WIngo, and Jeff Saturday, the former center for the Indy Colts, those guys slimed waaaay down.

Also, I believe the trend is for more mobility and stamina in O and D lineman to keep up with the RPO and Spread offenses. So you'll see less fat (less heavy) on future O and D lineman. IMO
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.