Arizona Western JC shutting down football program

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Arizona Western JC shutting down football program

Post by BigWave96744 »

Arizona Western eliminates football, leaving only one JC in state with sport
Matthew Roy
Dec 5, 2018

Yuma’s Arizona Western College announced it has opted to cut football, following the lead of the Maricopa County Community College District. (Photo courtesy Arizona Western College)

PHOENIX — Arizona Western College announced on Wednesday the elimination of its football program, effective immediately.

In a statement, the college said in the past year it has tried to “navigate a series of seismic changes at the league and two-year collegiate level but was unsuccessful in carving a sustainable path forward for the program.”

“It was an incredibly difficult decision for me and my team to make,” AWC President Dr. Daniel Corr said in the statement.

The decision comes on the heels of the Maricopa County Community College District announcing in February that it would eliminate football at the four schools that have it after the 2018 season.

Pima Community College in Tucson also decided to eliminate football in June.

With all six of these colleges cutting their programs, it leaves just Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher as the only community college in the state to have a football program.
Some local boys on the roster. Possible walkons?
https://awcmatadors.com/football/footba ... e&sort=asc

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Arizona Western JC shutting down football program

Post by My3Cats »

A sign of the times and cost cutting. Too bad but I guess it can't be helped.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.