Nick Rolovich NOT a candidate for Utah State Job (edited)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Nick Rolovich candidate for Utah State Job?

Post by My3Cats »

Whoa. I don't remember having to take Statistics at the CBA (now known as Shidler), but if I did, it whizzed right over my head faster than a speeding bullet.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

ubercow wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm wow, my credit card said my costco bill was 33 bucks. I bought one rotisserie chicken and 4 pack lightbulb which was in the costco coupon book. I know the chicken always $5, I wonder how much I paid for each pack of light bulb, did I get ripped off?

Should I:
a) call costco and spend 15 minutes on hold
b) drive to costco, I need gas anyway
c) use Algebra II :D
solution below!

if you're buying a pack of LED light bulbs from costco for seven bucks, that's a great deal. if you're buying a pack of CFL light bulbs from costco for seven bucks, that's not a great deal. but that also probably means you were looking at the wrong month's coupon book, so that's your fault and not costco's.

correct answer to word problem: you were not ripped off by costco

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Utah state + ? = Head coach

?=x
x=Gary Anderson

He accepted the position today.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

couz808 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:23 pm Utah state + ? = Head coach
x=Gary Anderson
He accepted the position today.
that's a relief, not to have to worry about rolo being lured away to utah state.

still, the u.h. needs to improve its commitment to the football program besides the usual incentive bonuses. maybe a coaches' salary increase, contract extensions, another $20K for recruiting, another $100-200 added to the monthly stipend for football athletes?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Nick Rolovich NOT a candidate for Utah State Job (edited)

Post by shrek2 »

$400K is not much more if you're looking at all the considerations. A step up is going to a good place at $1M or more. You gotta consider the quality of living. That's not to say that we shouldn't consider adequate raises for Rolo and his staff.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Have any of you ever visited Logan, Utah in middle the winter?

I don't care how much more in salary the H.C. at Utah State earns. . . if Rolo returned to Hawaii from Reno, Nevada and secured his dream job at UH, (with a wife that grew up in Hawaii), what more could you ask for than a increase in salary as a performance incentive and salary adjustments for your Assistant Coaches.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Guys, the facts are that the HC profession is short lived. Hawaii fans will turn on Rolo as soon as he starts losing. He owes it to his family to get what he can when he can. At what he would make at other schools including Utah State his family could live in Hawaii and he could still coach in Logan. He could afford to get two homes. After a few years he would have enough saved to insure security for life. At that stage he could move anywhere he wants to. He needs a good raise.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

No doubt Rolo should get a nice raise if not good bonus for the successful year along with his staff. I don't know why $850K a year is so much more than $425K. You have to give up alcohol for the most part in Utah as well as soda at social functions although that may be a good thing. You have to be politically correct to the LDS community. The only way to ensure security in the coaching ranks is to be a winning head coach. Dan Hawkins of UC Davis is having a successful year going into the FCS championship making $262K. He was a very successful coach with Boise State before Chris Petersen making WAC coach of the year three out of the four years and then he went to Colorado of the PAC-12, then it was all downhill after four years there until getting back to UCD. So, a step up for Rolo would be to move to a $1M+ job with some sort of guarantee. Preferably it would be to coach the Cal Bears in some capacity which would be close to home and there is so much to do in the Berkeley/Bay Area not restricted by religious groups.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Utah just changed their DUI laws to .05. So, not a good place for 21 year olds to celebrate drinking age. Head coaches can't even drink a couple of beers at dinner.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Utah St is not a good move for Rolo, he’s a better/smarter coach than doing a lateral move, and doing it way too soon. Improve UH, make UH a consistent winner, and the richer G5 & P5 programs will be calling. Rolo still has game management & strategy issues to work out before he’s ready for prime time, IMO.

da bugga is still a young, up and coming HC. In addition, by staying and winning in Hawaii he will make a name for himself to attract a bigger assistant coaching pool to pick from, I have confidence in his HC abilities, but he needs a few more years to grow. The AD should offer Rolo an extension to his contract, Rolo proved he can coach at this level. Offer, before it’s too late. It’s not like we have buku cash to attract an established winning HC to Hawaii not named June Jones.

My prediction, in 5 to 10 years, Rolo Will be a highly thought of HC as Dino Babers.

I drank 8 cups of coffee, I hope I make a little sense. I know I’m scattered in my thoughts. I’m all ova da place. Jittery and spazzing. Lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.