Which new players would you like to see in the Bowl game?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Which new players would you like to see in the Bowl game?

Post by Irse »

TheDuke wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:08 am I am more about winning then about seeing players get playing time. The extra three weeks of practice is where you get to evaluate and see other players. These players have spring, fall and 2019 to show what they can do. The seniors don't. The seniors have sacrificed a lot and I am sure they want to finish their careers as winners.

Winning keeps the momentum into recruiting and 2019. Losing would be a downer going into the off season.
Some players don't see the bowl game that way. You may start to see more guys skip the bowl game to prepare for the draft like the West Virginia QB.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... draft-prep
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Christian McCaffrey was the biggest name to skip the bowl game but everybody watched Stanford two years ago so I can understand his thinking. I think for Ursua and any draft eligible athletes its an opportunity for scouts and NFL coaches to watch their potential recruits. That's one of the reasons why I would like to see Tavai play because it would be an opportunity to show the scouts before the combine.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I remember back in 2001 after UH went 9-3 but did not have a bowl game to play in. There were talks about playing an exhibition against UCLA in lieu of a bowl game. My gf at the time worked in the football office and told me that a lot of the players did not want to play an extra game and were content to be done with the season. I remember being so confused about that at the time.

Us fans are out of touch with how the players feel or what matters to them pretty often. We are pretty out of touch about a lot of things.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Big difference between an exhibition game and a Bowl game. And a bigger difference between an NFL draftee and a senior playing in his last game of football.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

With the new signees including a few receivers under 6', I would like to see Eric Rooks, 6'3 besides Nick Mardner, 6'5 get some time to see if we can get a possession receiver to replace Marcus Armstrong Brown. We know that JoJo Ward has great hands and footwork near the lines but what happens if they double team him. There probably wont be an Ursua to draw the attention next year.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm Stephen Tsai wrote the other day that Genta Ito had been injured since before the season started, and only recently started practicing again. Did not know that. So now, still get chance for Genta to get into a game in his senior year.
Did you see that they're doing a documentary by Under Armour with Genta Ito? Last line on the page.
http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... the-beach/

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:07 am
My3Cats wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm Stephen Tsai wrote the other day that Genta Ito had been injured since before the season started, and only recently started practicing again. Did not know that. So now, still get chance for Genta to get into a game in his senior year.
Did you see that they're doing a documentary by Under Armour with Genta Ito? Last line on the page.
http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... the-beach/
Mahalo! I just took a peek at it.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Not a new player, but would like to see Melvin Davis carry the rock. On D, DE Jonah Welch.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Genta Ito got a couple of carries. lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:15 pm Genta Ito got a couple of carries. lol
2 carries for 8 yards. Maybe we can find some sumo wannabes for the defensive line.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:00 am
stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:15 pm Genta Ito got a couple of carries. lol
2 carries for 8 yards. Maybe we can find some sumo wannabes for the defensive line.
Plus one inside screen for 6 yards!

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Sumo wrestlers at least 5'10" (very very minimum) would make really good DTs. they have the right build, balance, quicks, explosiveness, know how to use their hands, and have strong hips and legs for the position, IMO. lol

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

stranger808 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:11 am
Sumo wrestlers at least 5'10" (very very minimum) would make really good DTs. they have the right build, balance, quicks, explosiveness, know how to use their hands, and have strong hips and legs for the position, IMO. lol
I would put a sumo wrestler on the O-line rather than D-line. They can drive, push and shove and know how to use their hands legally. D-line they have to run on a pass rush, even the DT's have to run.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:11 am
One we missed out on was yokozuna Akebono Taro, real name Chadwick Haheo Rowan out of Waimanalo. 6'8, 514lbs. He probably could have pushed some offensive linemen out of the ring. :lol: