Hawaii Bowl: Buy your tickets now!!! Pack the House!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Hawaii Bowl: Buy your tickets now!!! Pack the House!!!

Post by Scott »

HONOLULU – The University of Hawai‘i will represent the Mountain West in the 2018 Hawai‘i Bowl against Louisiana Tech of Conference USA on Saturday, Dec. 22. Kick-off is 5:30 p.m., at Aloha Stadium.

Head coach Nick Rolovich has led the Rainbow Warriors (8-5) to a five-win improvement from last season. Hawai‘i, which finished as runners-up in the MW’s West Division, will make its eighth all-time Hawai‘i Bowl appearance and second in the last three seasons. The Warriors defeated Middle Tennessee, 52-35, in Rolovich’s inaugural campaign.

UH appeared in the Hawai‘i Bowl in 2002-04, ’06, ’08, ’10, and ’16. The Warriors will also make their 12thall-time bowl appearance, sporting a 6-5 mark.

“The University of Hawai‘i is honored to be participating in the 2018 Hawai‘i Bowl,” said UH Athletics Director David A.K. Matlin. “This is a special holiday tradition and an amazing experience for our student-athletes who continue to inspire our state. This game gives us one last chance to thank our fans for all the support they’ve given us throughout the season and a great send-off for our senior class.”

Louisiana Tech finished as runners-up in C-USA’s West Division however ended the year with back-to-back losses. Coached by Skip Holtz, the Bulldogs will make their fifth straight bowl appearance and will seek their fifth straight bowl win.

“We’re extremely proud to represent our University in the Hawai‘i Bowl,” Rolovich said. “We’re also very excited to rekindle some old WAC battles against a very talented Louisiana Tech team on December 22. It could very well be one of the more exciting games of the bowl season.”

UH and LA Tech were once members of the Western Athletic Conference where they met every year from 2003-11. Hawai‘i leads the all-time series 8-2 including a 44-26 victory in the teams’ last meeting in Ruston, La., in 2011.

Hawai‘i appeared in six of the Hawai‘i Bowl’s first nine games. UH has faced a C-USA team in the Hawai‘i Bowl five times with a 3-2 record with wins over Houston (2003), UAB (2004) and Middle Tennessee (2016) and losses to Tulane (2002) and Tulsa (2010).

#HawaiiFB

Derek Inouchi
Director of Media Relations
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Athletics Department
1337 Lower Campus Rd. | Honolulu, HI 96822
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Hawaii Bowl: Buy your tickets now!!! Pack the House!!!

Post by Palolo_2LA »

I bought 4 tix for my kids, wife and I to watch our Warriors play...hopefully santa comes early and delivers a win.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:33 am I bought 4 tix for my kids, wife and I to watch our Warriors play...hopefully santa comes early and delivers a win.
don't know about santa delivering, but, yesterday, the post office delivered my tickets for the game.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

i'll be there!

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

They just opened up the north end zone seats for sale which means the tickets are steadily being sold. Not going to be a sell out but should be reasonable.