*****Official HI Bowl Game Thread: UH vs LaTech*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: *****Official HI Bowl Game Thread: UH vs LaTech*****

Post by EITSwarrior »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm our play calling stunk. They're plays to call to help the O-linemen with that pass rush i.e. screens, draws, shovel pass, move the pocket (roll-outs) etc... IMO

the SDSU game was the best offensively called game of our season, IMO.
Colorado St and Navy games were the best games. Saw all facets of the offense working from the RNS to the RPO’s. And as I predicted, as soon as opponents got film of our offense, I knew it wouldn’t be as easy to move the ball and score. I just hoped Rollo and the coaches would adjust accordingly, but they didn’t.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

On a good note. Our team exceeded my expectations. We return a whole bunch of starters next season. Our lineman will be stronger and more experienced next season. Our D will return a bunch of starters too. Our recruits during the early recruiting period looks good, I think we need some DTs though. Only 3 months till spring ball! lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm our play calling stunk. They're plays to call to help the O-linemen with that pass rush i.e. screens, draws, shovel pass, move the pocket (roll-outs) etc... IMO

Colorado St and Navy games were the best games. Saw all facets of the offense working from the RNS to the RPO’s. And as I predicted, as soon as opponents got film of our offense, I knew it wouldn’t be as easy to move the ball and score. I just hoped Rollo and the coaches would adjust accordingly, but they didn’t.
That's really a no brainer. New O and new QB, yes, no one had game tape on our "new" system or QB, no revelation there. Almost all fans figured it would get tougher once our opponents studied our tapes.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Gary Dickman's a little testy with the callers tonight. lmao

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

We need to find a really good runningback that can block. I was disappointed that we still couldn’t block their delayed blitz. I saw some receivers open but our qbs just ate the ball. The run and shoot is a good offense but we still need to block. Watching the pocket collapse made me cringe. Our qbs were in panic mode.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:39 pm
genks wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:31 pm Cole throws dumb pick
Not dumb like Cordeiros pick. Cole just trying to make something happen down big.
Way under thrown, into double coverage, then later into a coverage blanket. but ok not as dumb lol

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I think the real answer is that Colorado State and Navy were garbage this year. I saw Niumatalolo fired all his defensive coaches

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Oh well, on to the off-season.

We really struggle without Ursua in there. Glad we signed two possible replacements in the early signing period.

O-line should improve with 9 months of strength and conditioning. Those freshmen that end up starting usually make a big leap from frosh to soph.

Tonight sucked but it wasn't just one thing. That bad stretch at the end of the first half really deflated the team. The refs really screwed us by not calling unnecessary roughness on that bodyslam of cordeiro after the whistle. Things just went South after that.

Crazy things happen in bowl games.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

This Hawaii team was deceiving. 8 wins is a great year but 7 of those wins was either against teams who were below .500, .500 or a FCS school. Only San Diego finished with a winning record (barely at 7-6). Hawaii needs to improve in order to accomplish what they did this year. In addition, the coaches will now have video on McDonald and Cordeiro and will adjust their defenses accordingly. Dont be surprised if this team takes a step back next year. This team got lucky on a few wins this year but next year the ball may not bounce like how it did this year.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:02 pm

That's really a no brainer. New O and new QB, yes, no one had game tape on our "new" system or QB, no revelation there. Almost all fans figured it would get tougher once our opponents studied our tapes.
You’d be surprised, or not, to hear all the fans grumble and confounded by the offensive struggles and not understand why it’s happening. And they think a simple QB change will suddenly fix the problem with the offense. SMH

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

Egonator wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:04 am This Hawaii team was deceiving. 8 wins is a great year but 7 of those wins was either against teams who were below .500, .500 or a FCS school. Only San Diego finished with a winning record (barely at 7-6). Hawaii needs to improve in order to accomplish what they did this year. In addition, the coaches will now have video on McDonald and Cordeiro and will adjust their defenses accordingly. Dont be surprised if this team takes a step back next year. This team got lucky on a few wins this year but next year the ball may not bounce like how it did this year.

Sure, but Hawaii was supposed to be a sub .500 team. It was certainly a much more enjoyable season vs last year. Plus, wins at CSU and SDSU for the first time in decades. Tonight sucked, but overall it was a good year.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Too much time off ... too much time for the other team to study us...

I don’t know ... the D was solid enough (good job)

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

We're a very young team, we'll get better, but our record next season may not show it——tougher schedule.
Coach Rolo has the program on an upswing, heading in the right direction. Two bowl games in three seasons——darn great, especially after the last head coach.
The halftime interview with Rolo, I loved what he said, represented the university AND Hawaii extremely well.

Congrats to the players and coaching staff for a interesting (sometimes frustrating) and successful 3rd season!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

9 sacks. And our offensive coordinator had no answer regarding play calls to slow down the blitz. Real sad.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

At least we didn't have to play Army in their bowl. They destroyed #17 Houston 70 - 14. This kind of thing will happen in a bowl game. The team is talented but inexperienced.