*****Official HI Bowl Game Thread: UH vs LaTech*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Hawaii Bowl Opponent is Louisiana Tech

Post by st808 »

poidog wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 pm god I hated LaTech. Remember when they tried to get penalties called on us for doing the Haka? I'm sure they are probably less jerkish without Dooley or Dykes as HC...
time for the haka to be done right after the coin toss and before kickoff. it's only a five yard penalty for delay of game, and most receiving teams fair catch anyway.

johnny
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Official HI Bowl Pregame Thread: UH vs LaTech

Post by johnny »

Wondering if we will get to see Lou Holtz at the game? His son is head coach at La Tech.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ubercow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:38 pm should be a good matchup
But they got that defensive end. The kind they had when we played down there before. Gave us all kinds of fits. We will need to find a way to neutralize him.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

ubercow wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:38 pmshould be a good matchup
Las Vegas has Hawaii as a 1 point favorite. I thought it was going to be dead even when they first announced the matchup

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This game is going to draw a lot of interest because college football has taken on a new life. UCF can still go undefeated and claim national champs like last year. Alabama has Tua facing Kyler Murray and its taken a new life because of the Heisman awards. There's an appetite for the bowl games including the Hawaii Bowl.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

The Hawaii Bowl is ranked #34 out of the 39 Bowl games and I think they should be rated higher based on some of the Bowl games ahead of them. The Hawaii Bowl is ranked high than the Bowl games Nevada and BYU are playing in. BYU is kind of a surprise because they have a large fan base with 55K average attendance.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

st808 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:02 am
poidog wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:14 pm god I hated LaTech. Remember when they tried to get penalties called on us for doing the Haka? I'm sure they are probably less jerkish without Dooley or Dykes as HC...
time for the haka to be done right after the coin toss and before kickoff. it's only a five yard penalty for delay of game, and most receiving teams fair catch anyway.
I like that when we played MTSU, we did it facing their sideline and while they were running onto the field. shame we don't do it anymore tho. oh well.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

too bad we have to play a Conference USA team; when does that end?

It will be more interesting to play a team from the western US; also more fans from the other team will be there to create a better game atmosphere, especially for national TV!
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

tom-WarriorNation wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:44 pm too bad we have to play a Conference USA team; when does that end?

It will be more interesting to play a team from the western US; also more fans from the other team will be there to create a better game atmosphere, especially for national TV!
I think there is a future agreement between the Hawaii Bowl and BYU in the near future. That would sell a lot of tickets...

http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... l-matchup/

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

Hawaii wearing their home green jerseys instead of their all black.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

poidog wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:50 pm
tom-WarriorNation wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:44 pm too bad we have to play a Conference USA team; when does that end?

I think there is a future agreement between the Hawaii Bowl and BYU in the near future. That would sell a lot of tickets...

http://www.hawaiiwarriorworld.com/footb ... l-matchup/
I would prefer an east coast conference team, like the ACC. Playing teams from the east coast that we hardly ever play/see in person would be interesting and we won't have to travel to the east coast in a home and home arrangement.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

couz808 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:22 pm Hawaii wearing their home green jerseys instead of their all black.
The green jerseys look killer too, IMO. I'm so happy Rolo got the "warrior" look back in the uniforms and those helmets, those are the bomb! lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I like the fact that they are factoring bonuses for the coaches with Rolo getting $20K or $40K if they win. Also like the fact that although its a small token that the players are getting a $550 gift. Not much but its the recognition for getting here that is being acknowledged. Great job Hawaii.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Pregame interview with coaches and players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJ7NWik8z4

BigWave96744

Re: 8 days to hawaii bowl selections

Post by BigWave96744 »

Neighbor wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:14 pm Hawaii will be on the makai side. Every time we've been the "away" team we've been on that side. Good cause of shade though the sun actually feels a little better in late December.

I noticed this year the orange and blue south end zone is all general admission. That's cool. idk if they did it last year since I didn't go, but I know two years ago it was still assigned seating.
Can anyone confirm what side Hawaii will be sitting on?