Post SDSU Game Thoughts?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post SDSU Game Thoughts?

Post by WarriorTyme »

Post SDSU Game Thoughts...

Khoury Bethley is a Warrior... this true freshman has been impressive on defense this season.

JoJo Ward has proven again why he is a member of the Hawaii Fantastic Four wide receiver quartet.

It was a tale of 2 halves:

Cole McDonald started blazing hot in the first half with 19 of 24, 326 yards passing and 2 TD passes-1 rushing TD. When SDSU rushed 6 dropped 5 in coverage and Cole carved them up for big plays.

Cole McDonald 2nd half play was not as hot, with 7 of 16, 101 yards passing and 0 TD passes-0 rushing TD. SDSU made defensive adjustments dropping 7-8 in coverage late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. Plenty of 3 and outs with a drive killing turnover, a couple of sacks kept Hawaii 0 points in the second half.

SDSU changed QB's late in the 2nd half and they moved the ball to tie the game and had potential game winning FG that was missed.

Hawaii defensive overall tackling, secondary and run stopping has improved in the UNLV and SDSU games. Hoping for more improvement with the additional Hawaii Bowl practices.

Great win by the road Warriors in Overtime!

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Go Warriors of Hawaii

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post SDSU Game Thoughts?

Post by couz808 »

We need to work on the turnovers. We had 3 fumbles and we still won the game. I still think Cordeiro should start in the Hawaii Bowl. If it doesn’t work out, then put in Cole. I’m not a fan of the RPO or screens unless we’re in the red zone.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We have a lot of first-time starters delivering the BOOM!!!
SDSU...What's UP?!!! Good sportsmanship, I must say...on both sides of the line.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

That red shirt running back Reed? not sure but he seemed pretty good and then coughed up the ball. I figure he will be an asset if he can learn to hold onto the ball. I think the coaches need to find plays for Cole to use when they have a lot of pass protection. Win by one point. Hey it's still a win. Just goes to show the importance of the point after. I hope the win helps to give Cole some confidence, but then again we have another QB who can win so things are looking up for us. Okay so I drank the coolaid but he I am always hopeful.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I can’t say a bad thing about Cole. Just got to love how he hung in there and made the big play when we needed it. It is really hard for a quarterback to run a play when the ball is being snapped to his ankles. I think Cole did a great job catching it. But then again moving our huge tackle to center gave us that huge push up the middle to get the first down when Ursua took the snap under center. I think Marcus has gone unnoticed but has continued to make a big play when we needed it. Pavihi at this point would be my most improved player. He has just gotten better and better. We really needed someone to step up when Tavai went out with an injury. We have some really good freshmen on our team and that is a huge plus for the future. We still need to recruit better to be able to compete with teams like Utah State. We have a young team and they will get better.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Small steps forward and continual improvement. I love that this is a young team that battles and has learned to win after facing adversity.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Bethley is gonna be a beast! Pavihi is stepping up and Sanitoa had a good game against SDSU.

O-line needs a good off-season of collegiate strength and conditioning training. They will be better.

Cole played his best game in a long time, but still struggled a bit (against a really good defense).

Moneyline!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Any chance I can see the game on-line? Yes, saw the game highlights, know the score, stats, etc. But it's a different feel not watching the game. Yes, it was on ESPN U (don't have that channel). Often, I'm surprise to see the entire games on-line on youtube. I guess someone load them up, for some reason.

This is the only game I'm "missing" so far this season.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Great win. I've gone to every SDSU game since 88' and it's been a long lonely drive after every game. Really pumped that the Warriors got this win.

Great coaching decisions during the game. The time out to ice the kick. The time out on the first attempt for two made SDSU show it's hand. More motion used in this game. A time out to change a play. They also came up with a few wrinkles.

I liked the wildcat on the first play. That play confused the SDSU D and disrupted their game plan initially. Finally a pass to a running back for a TD. Watching the replay when the RB flairs out he is open one-on-one with a LB. We need to do this more often. Reed with 10-20 more lbs would be dangerous. He attacks, spins and accelerates. He looks more aggressive, has great acceleration, makes a decision and hits the gaps faster. I liked short yardage under center. I can see a dive, rollout or bootleg or a pass on a slant when the safety need to support the dive. I can also see Ursua in motion, takes a snap under center and pitches back to Cole for a pass. More motion was used in this game and that helped our slots to get open. The WRs made plays on balls during this game. Thy went up and down for catches, one handed catches and found gaps. I think that play when Cole rolled right and threw back to a receiver was a good play. It looked planned to me. Execution wasn't there. Cole didn't plant before throwing. We need some rollout plays for Cole. Having him as a threat to pass or run puts a lot of stress on the D and helps the receivers to find gaps.Jo Jo is a go to guy. He is a playmakers. I liked Bethany and Pavihi a lot. Downhill players. Aggresive.

SDSU made good adjustments in 2nd half. I am not sure how I feel about the play calling on our opening 2nd half drive. While the D made great stops in the 1st half it looked like SDSU owned us in the 2nd half. I was surprised that Rocky went for two considering they were the home team and running well.Also surprised that he didn't rollout Agnew on the final two point conversion. That worked all night. I'll take it.

Overall a great night if you are a Rainbow Warrior fan. We have a lot of young players. The additional practice for a bowl game will help our underclassmen a lot. We have a lot to look forward to in 2019. Can't wait.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 am Any chance I can see the game on-line? Yes, saw the game highlights, know the score, stats, etc. But it's a different feel not watching the game. Yes, it was on ESPN U (don't have that channel). Often, I'm surprise to see the entire games on-line on youtube. I guess someone load them up, for some reason.

all espn games are available here: http://www.espn.com/watch/

if u get regular espn and not espn U, log in with your tv provider and you'll still probably be able to watch replays or watch it live

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

“We beat Hawaii and we finished ahead of them. We should be in Hawaii ahead of them, or Boise or Fresno or whoever.” said SDSU’s AD in reference to the Hawaii Bowl, about a week ago. :lol:
source

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

ubercow wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:50 pm
cabanalane wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 am Any chance I can see the game on-line? Yes, saw the game highlights, know the score, stats, etc. But it's a different feel not watching the game. Yes, it was on ESPN U (don't have that channel). Often, I'm surprise to see the entire games on-line on youtube. I guess someone load them up, for some reason.

all espn games are available here: http://www.espn.com/watch/

if u get regular espn and not espn U, log in with your tv provider and you'll still probably be able to watch replays or watch it live
Thanks, I'll check it out..

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I still can't believe our boys won at SDSU. lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 am Any chance I can see the game on-line?
try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQcI4fwcXmA

oh, sorry, just went back to check it, never watched it. clicked on the last sections and it only has regulation play. nothing on the o.t.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

st808 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:52 pm
cabanalane wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 am Any chance I can see the game on-line?
try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQcI4fwcXmA

oh, sorry, just went back to check it, never watched it. clicked on the last sections and it only has regulation play. nothing on the o.t.

Link