Cole or chevan as starter for Hawaii bowl!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

Starter for next week and Hawaii bowl?

Cole Macdonald because he started the season for us
61%
Chevan cordeiro because he has the hot hand
29%
Jeremy Moussa because he has a better arm
4%
Other UH QB not mentioned.
7%

Total votes: 28

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Cole or chevan as starter for Hawaii bowl!

Post by couz808 »

chevan or Cole in the Hawaii bowl?
Last edited by couz808 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Cole or chevan as starter?

Post by poidog »

Play cordeiro against SDSU. If we win, he plays in the bowl. If we lose, Cole plays the bowl and cordeiro saves his redshirt status.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Cornero? Who is that.

I am not saying anything.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

poidog wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:42 am Play cordeiro against SDSU. If we win, he plays in the bowl. If we lose, Cole plays the bowl and cordeiro saves his redshirt status.
I'm think along teses lines. But more about how well he plays. If he plays well and they lose, then I would like to see him start again for a chance to win on national TV.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

If anything our history with QBs and much of the NCAA is that you have to have a minimum of two QBs ready to go at any time. I like the three that we have. I hope we can keep at least two.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Don’t really care who “starts” the game. I care who plays better. If anything I think it’s easier to be the backup and wait for the starter to screw up, knowing he’ll be playing tight. Then as the backup “savior”, you can just let it rip.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

cole seemed to have trouble once the defenses moved to dropping seven backs in pass coverage. unlv's 3 rushers, 1 spy, 7 backs gave cole problems. don't know why chevan was able to pick it apart when cole was forcing passes into coverage. maybe chevan hung in the pocket a second or two longer and gave the pattern enough time to develop and receivers to break open.

start cole for at least the first quarter. if he has trouble with the seven cover switch to chevan in the second quarter. rolo needs to play his players to win games. winning is the only way to put fans in the stands.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Start Cole. Put him on a short lease. Hopefully with Chevan's game film, Cole can learn and see what Chevan saw that he did not see. I would prefer to preserve Chevan's redshirt and have him available for the bowl game. Moussa and Cassel as backups.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This is why we need a quarterback coach who has studied quarterbacks and possibly been one before. I believe that Cole is somehow tipping his hand possibly before the ball is snapped that may be giving the defense an edge after the first series and after watching game films. Its something subtle that I don't see which is looking at the safeties or looking at the linebackers or how he handles the ball after its been snapped.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Keep McDonald at the Starter. Finish the season, and let them all compete again. I still think McDonald is the "better" QB. I've not seen Chevan in other situations, other than miracle passes. He was the starter for one game. But I recall that being a game won by the defense. Chevan has a greater upside, and need more time to mature.

Something is not right with the Team, and I think Rolo still need to figure it out. Offense, Defense, O-line are all issues that need to be fixed. To plug a new QB is not the answer. Especially consider Chevan is something special. Don't waste his red shirt year. There are other parts of the team that needs fixing, first, before adding the "golden boy" into the mix.

McDonald is a good QB.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Cordeiro has earned it, screw redshirting him!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

CC can be the relief pitcher like the Yankees Rivera - when he comes in game it is winning time!
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Makana wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 pm Cordeiro has earned it, screw redshirting him!!!
I think Chevan has something about screwing his redshirt year.

It also comes down to play calling. What kind of plays were the coaches calling in the first three qtrs? Were they calling deep balls earlier or throwing into the teeth of an eight man coverage? In Q4 with everything on the line did we open things up on deep throws? Nothing to lose, go for it.

Chevan did deliver no question about that. Give him his due credit.

I am not happy with the game planning and game calling starting with the Army game. No improvement. And Bone head coaching decisions: RPO fron the 2 in the endzone vs a quick hitter, going for 4th down in bad field position, not taking field goals, terrible clock management and timeouts, poor utilization of a 5th receiver and RBs in the passing game. NO IMPROVEMENT.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

TheDuke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:27 am I am not happy with the game planning and game calling starting with the Army game. No improvement. And Bone head coaching decisions: RPO fron the 2 in the endzone vs a quick hitter, going for 4th down in bad field position, not taking field goals, terrible clock management and timeouts, poor utilization of a 5th receiver and RBs in the passing game. NO IMPROVEMENT.
but they didn't do any of that in this past game? They took 2 FG's that helped us stay within striking distance (6 points at the half was way better than 0 points and made the difference in the game). the 4th down attempts were necessary and in the right part of the field. Rolo even punted with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter and trusted his defense to get them the ball back. You can't say "no improvement" when there was "some improvement". I think this was Rolo's best coached game this season and you could tell that he didn't want to make the same reckless mistakes he made in the losing streak leading up to this.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

With the long break between the end of the season and the bowl game and if he sits this week, I think Cole will have ample time to regroup and recover and be able to be effective in the bowl game. Let cordeiro play next game and then take away his helmet and don't even dress him for the bowl game. I think they need to attack this thing with a plan and stick to it, and not just decide in the moment.