Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

WR Melquise Stovall Signs LOI

Post by stranger808 »

I heard on the KHON news, a former U of Cal 4-star WR is going to sign with Hawaii on Dec 19. Sorry, I didn't get his name, I thought it would have been posted here already. He will have 2 years to play 2. From the KHON sports guy Rob DeMello. The WR coming here played against UH in Australia, I think they said he had 42 receptions as a freshman, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, caught a TD against UH.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Re: Cal 4* WR recruit coming to UH

Post by stranger808 »

I got excited hearing the news so I didn't catch everything that was reported. Fail. :-(

* Oh, he transferred from Cal to Western Arizona, or Arizona Western (something la dat). Now, we getting him.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This must be Melquise Stovall. 5'8 to 5'9, 4 star recruit from Lancaster, CA.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Melquise Stovall is a JC bounceback from Cal. He had a good true freshman season at WR for Cal before going to Arizona Western.
https://twitter.com/QuiseUno__/status/1062168312258297857

Link

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Sweet! Thanks for the highlights!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I should not rush to judge, but UH currently already have a few fast "short" WRs. Were is the 6'0 tall WRs?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Stephen Tsai reported that he went to Riverside City College instead. Great get for the Warriors!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:22 am I should not rush to judge, but UH currently already have a few fast "short" WRs. Were is the 6'0 tall WRs?
Ursua more likely than not, will be moving on to the next level next season. You go after the best players who are available and fit them into your system.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1557179/57 ... 638019267a

When you have good speed, jukes and vision there is always room for you in a RnS offense.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

For the sake of discussion, I'll take the other side. Byrd and Ward have not been exactly as "advertised." We know what we are going to get with Ursua. And he delivered.

These are JC guys, they suppose to be plug and play. New system, etc, etc. It's new for everyone. If Ursua can be productive, so can they. I thought they were suppose to be better than Ursua.

I don't mean they are bad. They got good hands, good speed, made a few great catches, etc, etc. But I think the "hype" was larger than the current results. I'm still waiting to see these two guys to have the breakout season. I thought the way they were brought in, they would make a big difference. Perhaps next year.

While I'm at it, same with Bam Bam Reed.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:27 am For the sake of discussion, I'll take the other side. Byrd and Ward have not been exactly as "advertised." We know what we are going to get with Ursua. And he delivered.

These are JC guys, they suppose to be plug and play. New system, etc, etc. It's new for everyone. If Ursua can be productive, so can they. I thought they were suppose to be better than Ursua.

I don't mean they are bad. They got good hands, good speed, made a few great catches, etc, etc. But I think the "hype" was larger than the current results. I'm still waiting to see these two guys to have the breakout season. I thought the way they were brought in, they would make a big difference. Perhaps next year.

A lot of Byrd, Ward etc... success depends on the Oline giving the QB time to throw, the QB finding them, the type of offense & plays being run/called etc... So far, I'm happy with Ursua, Ward and Byrd, the other WRs have never really stepped-up, IMO. Also, everyone's production goes down when we have the plays being called as RB Dive, RB Dive, pass over the middle, punt. Three and outs, six and outs cuts down on the total offensive plays & production. The O has a tough time getting into a rhythm when we net 2 and 3 yards on our first 2 downs, then we have to pass into a D that's set-up to go all in on us passing on 3rd and 7.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:48 am Stephen Tsai reported that he went to Riverside City College instead. Great get for the Warriors!
I take everything with a grain of salt from that blog. :D

Anyways, this player was recruited by almost all of the Pac-12 and also Notre Dame and Miami. I would give him a look at RB, smallish but he can catch out of the backfield. He was recruited out of HS as an all-purpose back.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

stranger808 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:34 pm
My3Cats wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:48 am Stephen Tsai reported that he went to Riverside City College instead. Great get for the Warriors!
I take everything with a grain of salt from that blog. :D

Anyways, this player was recruited by almost all of the Pac-12 and also Notre Dame and Miami. I would give him a look at RB, smallish but he can catch out of the backfield. He was recruited out of HS as an all-purpose back.
Commited to then decommited from USC. Must have some skills. Always good to have the best athlete you can find out there. Up to the coaches to find him the right spot on the team. I just hope he is also good in the classroom.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

CityOfWalrus
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by CityOfWalrus »

I follow Melquise on Twitter and been a fan of his when he committed to Cal. This dude is a big time playmaker and will be a huge addition to the offense. He's got speed to burn and he's agile with the ball. He's gonna be the type that can turn a short 5-10yd pass into a 35+yd pass. He's a baller and will be a great fit for the RNS

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:27 am For the sake of discussion, I'll take the other side. Byrd and Ward have not been exactly as "advertised." We know what we are going to get with Ursua. And he delivered.

Ward had all of 6 weeks to learn O and teammates, so I'd say he's done a "good" job and Byrd has made some great plays as well. Coming out of a JC and starting, especially as a WR in a new O with new starting QB is a challenge. If issues persist next year then that would be a problem. Also, they are better than the guys they replaced.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: