Jahlani Tavai is done

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Jahlani Tavai is done

Post by Neighbor »

Only half paying attention but I think Rolo just said on The Nick Rolovich Show that Jahlani Tavai wasn't gonna be able to return even before the bowl game so his career as a Rainbow Warrior is pau.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Jahlani Tavai is done

Post by stranger808 »

It will give good experience for next season's replacement.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

In the HSA this morning, Tavai's season is over.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Too bad he got hurt on a play that didn't count.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

A big time bummer, but thanks for being a Warrior.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

So what was the injury? IIRC I heard somewhere he went back home to the mainland. So are we talking about "career ending" injury? Like in football, not just UH college career?

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

OMG ........well I really liked his playing this year I hope he has injuries that allow him to get back to a relatively normal life. If he is reading here I appreciate his dedication to the game. Thanks for giving your all.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Isn't he like 2nd all time in UH history in tackles? And could have been first if he was playing. Stats don't mean "nothing" I get that. But it does because for many college players. I wanted Tavai to get that before he leaves. We will always remember Diocemy Saint Juste for his numbers in a rather "forgetable" period in UH history.

Where would Jeff Sydner rank if he never turn pro? Where would Jamal Farmer rank if he didn't get kicked off the team? Where would Travis Sims rank, if Jamal Farmer never played for UH?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 am So what was the injury? IIRC I heard somewhere he went back home to the mainland. So are we talking about "career ending" injury? Like in football, not just UH college career?
He already had some sort of arm or shoulder injury that he was playing with, not announced, but he was wearing a big arm sleeve. He really hurt it when there was the almost fumble (called back after video review and changed to an incomplete pass) that he recovered and returned for an almost touchdown. During the tackle by the Nevada player, Tavai got launched into the air and he landed directly on that bad shoulder. Rolo said that it looks like he is going to have surgery and is out for the season. A couple people on the other board said that they saw Tavai at the USU game on the sidelines but in street clothes. Hard to be on the mainland at the same time.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

We are lucky to have players like Tavai who chose to come and play for Hawaii. I really appreciate it. Now I hope he can recover from his injury and if he chooses to do so end up on an NFL roster. I don’t have a favorite NFL team but I usually follow the teams that have former players from UH on them. I just want to thank Jahlani for being a Rainbow Warrior.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

When I was watching him at the beginning of the season, I was wondering why he didn't have the drive that he had in his sophomore year on short yardage or the tackles on the sweeps. He was playing injured from the beginning of the season. Warrior. Nobody ever knew that Isaac Sapoanga was playing with hip ailment that was diagnosed before his arrival at UH but only had the surgery done when he got to the 49ers.